Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
9-11
    #2045104 - 10/26/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen some here say that 9-11 wouldn't have (or might not have) happened had it not been for Bush and his policies. If this article turns out to be true, your theory dies a painful death.

washingtonpost.com
Report: Capitol Was Sept. 11 Attackers Fourth Goal

Reuters
Sunday, October 26, 2003; 11:37 AM

BERLIN (Reuters) - The U.S. Capitol Building, not the White House, was the fourth target of the Sept. 11 attackers, a German magazine reported Sunday citing results of interrogations of suspected al Qaeda leaders.

Der Spiegel said also planning for the attacks on New York and Washington in 2001 began as early as 1996 , but plans hatched in 1999 to use four planes in the attacks were temporarily halted because only two pilots could then obtain U.S. visas. The operation, code-named "Porsche 911" by its perpetrators, was finalized in July 2001, the magazine said.

"The Porsche is ready to start," it cited Mohamed Atta, the Egyptian-born student who piloted one of the two hijacked planes that destroyed the World Trade Center, as saying.

Another hijacked plane hit the Pentagon, while a fourth crashed in Pennsylvania before it could reach its target in Washington. Around 3,000 people died in the attacks.

Spiegel magazine said its report was based on transcripts of the U.S. interrogation of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused mastermind of the attacks, and Ramzi bin al-Shaibah, the man suspected of coordinating them.

"The fourth plane, according to bin al-Shaibah's questioning, should have hit the Capitol, the U.S. parliament ... U.S. authorities long suspected that it should have hit the White House. Only bin al-Shaibah's statement corrected the error," the magazine reported.

The magazine did not say where it had obtained the material but said parts of the transcripts dealing with Germany had been passed to German authorities.

According to Spiegel, Sheikh Mohammed first suggested in 1996 an attack on the headquarters of the CIA using a chartered jet but this was rejected by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden as not being spectacular enough. Sheikh Mohammed later suggested a 10-plane attack, it added.

Bin al-Shaibah was arrested in Pakistan in September 2002. Pakistan announced it had also arrested Sheikh Mohammed in March 2003. Both men are currently being held by the United States at an unknown foreign location.

? 2003 Reuters

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: 9-11 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2045125 - 10/26/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Since when are German magazines interrogating Al Qaeda leaders?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2045129 - 10/26/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Since when are German magazines interrogating Al Qaeda leaders?

Ah.... so you didn't read the article before commenting.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2045154 - 10/26/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Oops. I missed that part.

Spiegel magazine said its report was based on transcripts of the U.S. interrogation of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the accused mastermind of the attacks, and Ramzi bin al-Shaibah, the man suspected of coordinating them.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2045575 - 10/26/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

So, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed... HE's the mastermind, and not Osama?

Im still confused why we attacked Iraq... what did Saddam have to do with the trade center bombings!!

Interesting story and all.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2045769 - 10/26/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The Bush camp allowed it to happen. So this article doesn?t prove weither Gore or Clinton would have allowed it to happen. No one will ever know the answer to that.

-Hijackers trained at US air bases: Reported by
Newsweek - Pensacola News Journal - Washington Post

- Hijackers followed out of country by CIA, allowed back in by State Department: Reported by Newsweek

- Numerous warnings from worldwide intelligence agencies of an impending attack: Reported by AFP - Associated Press - London Telegraph - Numerous others

- CIA meeting with bin Laden in July 2001: Reported by United Press International - London Evening Standard

- Bush ordered the FBI to back off investigation of Al-Qaeda: Reported by Times of India - BBC - ABC News

- NORAD stand-down allowed hijackers to hit their targets: Reported by
Associated Press

-Unprecedented insider trading on United and American Airlines days preceding 9/11: Reported by
Reuters - London Independent - Newsmax

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Learyfan]
    #2046569 - 10/27/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Bush camp allowed it to happen.

Sure they did.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2047603 - 10/27/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Read those links up there LDS.

"Connect the dots. La la la la. Connect the dots. La la la la."

If Bush was on trial and you were on the jury, would you let him go? The man is a monster.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Learyfan]
    #2047826 - 10/27/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Read those links up there LDS.

I've seen the "evidence." It's crap and speculation. Should you ever be tried I hope for your sake the "evidence" actually is evidence and isn't crap based on hatred.

Quote:

If Bush was on trial and you were on the jury, would you let him go?

Based on the "evidence" so far? Fuck yes I'd let him go.

Quote:

The man is a monster.

The only monster is those who decide a man has done something wrong based on crap like those links.

I wouldn't even put that scumbag Clinton in jail on evidence like that.

NO HARD EVIDENCE, NO CONVICTION.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #2047980 - 10/27/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think that the questions raised should at least merit an independant investigation...don't you?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2047995 - 10/27/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes the evidence is so obvious everyone overlooks it.

"Gee, it's nice to see folks trying to get to work early."

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Rono]
    #2048006 - 10/27/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
I think that the questions raised should at least merit an independant investigation...don't you?

I believe you'll find there's at least one going on now. Should it turn out Bush can be proven to have known the date of the attack, he should hang.

I have no problem with an investigation, it's the half-wits who have already convicted him that I have a problem with.

Would you want to be convicted of a crime with no better "evidence" than what has been suggested? I know I sure as fuck wouldn't.

I'd expect better from those who claim to be thinkers.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Zahid]
    #2048009 - 10/27/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
Sometimes the evidence is so obvious everyone overlooks it.

And sometimes jackasses want so much for something to be true that they are willing to believe anything.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #2048107 - 10/27/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I believe you'll find there's at least one going on now.

Guess Again...

What are Bush and Cheney afraid of?....

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2048141 - 10/27/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Touch?.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 9-11 [Re: Rono]
    #2048198 - 10/27/03 06:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
Quote:

I believe you'll find there's at least one going on now.

Guess Again...

What are Bush and Cheney afraid of?....

Actually, you need to re-read that article a bit closer. When you're done ask yourself a single question.

Does the article say there is no investigation, or merely not one to your liking? Sloppy Rono, sloppy.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2048211 - 10/27/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

And so far no-one has answered this question.....
"Would you want to be convicted of a crime with no better "evidence" than what has been suggested? I know I sure as fuck wouldn't."

I imagine that no-one would want that. Yet so many here are so quick to be so sure. I hope none of you are ever on a jury judging me.

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to be spouting some of the crap I see here.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2048250 - 10/27/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No, there has not been enough evidence compiled so far to warrant a conviction. But there seems to be enough for a subpoena.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2048273 - 10/27/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

-Hijackers trained at US air bases: Reported by Newsweek - Pensacola News Journal - Washington Post

- Hijackers followed out of country by CIA, allowed back in by State Department: Reported by Newsweek

- Numerous warnings from worldwide intelligence agencies of an impending attack: Reported by AFP - Associated Press - London Telegraph - Numerous others

- CIA meeting with bin Laden in July 2001: Reported by United Press International - London Evening Standard

- Bush ordered the FBI to back off investigation of Al-Qaeda: Reported by Times of India - BBC - ABC News

- NORAD stand-down allowed hijackers to hit their targets: Reported by
Associated Press

-Unprecedented insider trading on United and American Airlines days preceding 9/11: Reported by
Reuters - London Independent - Newsmax

+
-White House stalls probe of 9-11 -Yahoo!

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2048281 - 10/27/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Again, we have the Bush Administration giving a damn about something they shouldn't.

White House Accused of Stalling 9-11 Probe

Oct 26, 8:07 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Members of both parties are accusing the White House of stonewalling the federal commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by blocking its demands for documents despite threats of a subpoena.

"I call on the White House to turn over the documents they are withholding from the independent commission - and do it now," Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-Conn., co-author of the legislation that created the independent commission, said Sunday.

The 10-member, bipartisan commission has until May 27 to submit a report that also will deal with law enforcement, diplomacy, immigration, commercial aviation and the flow of assets to terror organizations.

"If they continue to refuse, I will urge the independent commission to take the administration to court," said Lieberman, who is running for president. "And if the administration tries to run out the clock, (Arizona Republican Sen.) John McCain and I will go to the floor of the Senate to extend the life of the commission."

Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday that it would be in the administration's interest to release documents the commission has requested.

"Americans and our allies across the globe must have confidence in our leadership," said Hagel, a senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee who has frequently criticized Bush's execution of the campaign against terrorists. "They must trust our processes. And that certainly includes our intelligence community's results."

White House spokeswoman Ashley Snee defended the administration's cooperation with the investigation and said the White House hoped to meet the commission's request for documents. At the president's direction, the executive branch has dedicated tremendous resources to the commission, including provision of more than 2 million pages of documents, Snee said.

Earlier this month, the independent commission voted to issue subpoenas to the Federal Aviation Administration for documents pertaining to the investigation. The commission said the FAA subpoena will "put other agencies on notice that our document requests must be taken as seriously as a subpoena."

Commission chairman Thomas Kean, former Republican governor of New Jersey, told The New York Times in an interview published Sunday that he is prepared to subpoena documents from the White House if they are not turned over during the next several weeks.

---

On the Net:

Attacks commission: http://www.9-11commission.gov/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder