Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
25 cent cheese theft
    #2045621 - 10/26/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Student faces criminal charges for alleged 25 cent cheese theft

(10/24/03 - DEER PARK) ? A Deer Park High School student is facing criminal charges for what he and his parents call a strange case of school discipline.
He's accused of stealing 25 cents worth of melted cheese from the school cafeteria. The cheese controversy may cost the district lot more than that.
Tenth-grader Corey Campbell says he was just trying to get lunch in a crowded cafeteria on Tuesday when the cheese controversy began.
"I walked in and I got cheese sticks and fries," Campbell said. "And then I went and paid for it."
He forgot his marinara dipping sauce and went back to get it. He grabbed some melted cheese, too, and then started back to his table.
"I was walking out of the door and the lady called me over," Campbell said. "I said okay. She asked me what I had, and I told her cheese. She told me that cost 25 cents and I said 'OK, let me give you 25 cents for this cheese'. And she said 'No. Give me your ID'."
The next thing Campbell knew, Deer Park Police were giving him a ticket.
"The ticket says this is a Theft, Class-C violation, including one plastic container of melted cheese," said Corey's Mom, Donna Campbell. "It's valued at 25 cents."
Money Corey offered to hand it over, but the school said to tell it to the judge.
"There is a problem here, and this is how we have chosen to deal with that problem," said Matt Lucas with Deer Park ISD.
By the time this case works its way through court, a judge, a bailiff, a prosecutor, two clerks, the ticket-writing cop and a jury will all be paid for about two hours of work just on this case. The estimated cost for these services will be paid for by Deer Park taxpayers in the form of $396.
"There is a cost to the school district as well," said Lucas.
In this case, the cost to the school is a quarter. Matt Campbell says its all a mistake.
"I really wasn't trying to steal," Campbell said. "I would have paid for it had I known it cost a quarter. I found it cost a quarter, and I guess I'm going to pay for it."
If charged, Campbell will receive a fine of $150, not to mention the cost of a defense attorney.
Deer Park officials tell Eyewitness News the school has one to five cheese thefts per week and this is how they will continue to handle the suspected thefts.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2046452 - 10/27/03 03:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Look at his picture! He looks like your typical cheese thief.If the school is plagued with people stealing their cheese,why don't they put it behind the counter and out of reach? That would solve their 1-5 cases of cheese thievery per week.I say he was set up.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #2046454 - 10/27/03 03:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

?

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #2046723 - 10/27/03 08:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No offence, but only in America...

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offlinechillywilly
Eat well - Diethome
Loc: 49 th State
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: mr_kite]
    #2046975 - 10/27/03 11:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It sounds like Cheese theft is Major problem in Deer Park, I'll bet that if the flow of illegal cheese is not severely curtailed the school district will be forced to lay off teachers. Maybe Pinhead has the best solution to the problem.
I myself would recommend installing a slick $30,000 video surveillance system to monitor the food line cashiers. I'll bet the cashier passes out more "incorrect change " than 5 or 6 cheese thefts can account for.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #2047393 - 10/27/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

HAHA! America is a sick country.

Anonymous

#2047420 - 10/27/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ah... high school.

makes me feel guilty about thinking about bringing a child into the world....

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: TinMan]
    #2048707 - 10/27/03 10:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HAHA! America is a sick country.

comparable to cancer

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2051485 - 10/28/03 09:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

give him the chair......

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2051584 - 10/28/03 09:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2051794 - 10/28/03 10:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Good GOD!!!

Another terrible example of impersonal, fumbling beurocracy superceding basic human decency, common sense, and operational autonomy.

These idiot school officials couldn't make a judgement call on something as mundanely simple as the accidental theft of $.25 worth of cheese and turned it over to "the system" instead. What a bunch of pathetic fucking drones.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
    #2052935 - 10/29/03 06:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yea and i live here. fucking cheese stealers....

Anonymous

Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: ]
    #2054327 - 10/29/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this kind of stupid shit goes on in every public high school i know of.

it's a fucking prison\daycare. some of the policies at the high school i went to:

1. you cannot go anywhere you're not specifically authorized to go. basically, you have 0 freedom of movement. every movement requires permission. you must have a pass to move around, and it states your time out, location of departure, location of arrival, and the path you are authorized to take in between. the issuing of passes is recorded.

2. you must wear your high school photo ID around your neck at all times.

3. possession of cigarettes (even by those of legal age) is punishable by a $150 dollar fine.

4. 0 tolerance for any drugs. if you are caught taking tylenol, you will be expelled. this actually happened to people.

5. dress code (mostly for the ladies)... shorts may be no higher than 2 inches above the knee. when arms are raised above the head, no part of the belly may be exposed. no T-shirts, patches, etc. that have anything to do with sex, drug use, alcohol, or cigarettes. no profanity (there's more but you get the idea).

6. no kissing... and a favorite from the middle school i attended: no hugging.

7. there is one bathroom open. a guard stands outside the stall while you do your thing. when you leave, the stall is examined for vandalism and the like.

8. obscenity (this includes any discussions of sexual topics) is prohibited, and if you are overheard talking about drugs, expect some bullshit to come your way.

9. offering 'disrespectful' words (even level-headed, sound criticism) of a teacher is tantamount to "harassing (or in some cases even 'threatening') a staff member".

i could go on (there are definitely more) but fortunately i'm starting to forget. what a crock of shit high school was.... and they wonder why the kids are so "rebellious" nowadays. some of this may sound like an exageration but i assure you it is not.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2057008 - 10/30/03 01:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

> 7. there is one bathroom open. a guard stands outside the stall while you do your thing. when you leave, the stall is examined for vandalism and the like.

My brothers high school had a similiar policy. One of the students got sick (impacted bowel) because he refused to go to the bathroom at school with somebody standing there watching. (They didn't have doors on the stalls.) The parents sued the school for child abuse or something similiar and won. The school now has doors on all of the bathroom stalls and the guard has to stand outside the bathroom door in the hallway.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2057053 - 10/30/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

We could go where we wanted to go. I was even allowed to write my own absence letters.

We had no ID or check system.

Everyone was allowed to smoke(only outside).

Drugs was not an issue.

No kissing and hugging??? The only good rule your school had.  :cool:

We had not one guard in the whole school.

I think we had no rules at all  :smile: 

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2061877 - 11/01/03 12:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for summing up my prison...errr...high school perfectly.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: Annom]
    #2069558 - 11/04/03 07:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Annom, things have changed.  I went to the same highschool as my brother did, but we are twelve years apart.  When I was there we had very few rules... no ids, people were allowed to smoke in the courtyard, we could leave campus for lunch, etc... now you get expelled for dropping a pencil during a test.  :nut:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: Seuss]
    #2070775 - 11/04/03 08:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"How many schools have old books but they have brand new metal detectors? Now, that ain't right!"

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: 25 cent cheese theft [Re: Seuss]
    #2071823 - 11/05/03 01:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Don't bitch about rules in high schools... if they weren't there then those kids would totally demolish the place in one semester-you know that.

Most High school students today have absolutly NO RESPECT for teachers or any other type of authority figure. In any school anywhere there are kids as young as 12 years old dealing and doing hardcore drugs like coke, meth, acid, and X. These kids need some type of displine and order in their lives, cuz they sure the hell aint gettin it from mom and dad (in fact, a lot of kids dont even know who their biological father is... and some dont even know who or where either parent is). These kids are unstable and come from unstable homes. I'm not saying it should a maximum security prison... but kids need to learn respect somehow.

BTW, I think you should be grateful you are listening to your kid brother whining about how he has to get a hall pass... you have to admit that's better than hearing him say he's scared to go to school becuz he might be shot and killed.

As for the 25 cent cheese ordeal-that is assinine. The kid didn't know it costed a quarter, and he offered to pay for it. What I don't understand is why the lunch lady or whoever didn't say 'oh, everyone makes mistakes, thank you for your quarter' and go on with their day. Obviously the school had no signs above or around the place where the cheese was kept to indicate it costed an extra quarter. And like someone stated earlier-if the cheese theivery is so bad they feel they have to call in the police then why not put the cheese somewhere else?

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#2076021 - 11/06/03 04:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That is absolutely rediculous. I have to echo the comments made by those above me: "Only In America"

Your legal system is disproportioned and unjust.  :shake: :nonono: :shake:

In the UK, that wouldn't even qualify for petty larceny, the school would probably be charged for wasting police time.

If the school can't deal with the 'theft' of 25cent cheese internally then it seems that the staff have a very loose grip on discipline.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service