Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAdvocate
Aspirant
Male User Gallery

Re: TIme and Entropy: Quantum Probability in Temporally Bounded Universes [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #20455829 - 08/21/14 07:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Lack of substantiation is certainly the fault of the proponent.

What would you like? A line-by-line list of sources...on the shroomery?

Quote:

Categorizing a wild idea as a theory accomplishes what? The two are not even close!

Quantum physics is not some "wild idea," nor does what I wrote seriously violate any principles of quantum physics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: TIme and Entropy: Quantum Probability in Temporally Bounded Universes [Re: Advocate]
    #20455877 - 08/21/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quantum physics is not some "wild idea,"

Please don't be a douche and invent something I never wrote. :nono:

This is called a straw-man and is covered in-depth in the 'Fallacies' sticky thread. You might read it.

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: TIme and Entropy: Quantum Probability in Temporally Bounded Universes [Re: Advocate]
    #20455986 - 08/21/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Advocate said:
I would argue that the only logical extension of the UP is the inability to be certain about the universe. If we can't be certain about the actions of quarks, we can still only know probabilities of overall results. Yes, most of the time the system's overall progression will go ahead unimpeded on a universal level, but the numerous possibilities for human life is well accounted for by the butterfly effect.

I think of the UP as having more to do with wave-particle duality, but the entire edifice of quantum mechanics comes from something more fundamental than this.  Like I said, there are interpretations of the quantum theory that do not even have the UP (including Feynman's), and they work.

Quote:

Newton's first law describes inertia. It takes action by an outside force to counteract inertia. Since outside forces will only take action in certain circumstances, inertia remains the default response.

Yes but nowhere in the universe is there a lack of forces.  Even in the emptiest vacuum there are forces.  I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying.  Inertia is no more or less fundamental than force, and they are both dealt with by necessity by Newton's first law.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineAdvocate
Aspirant
Male User Gallery

Re: TIme and Entropy: Quantum Probability in Temporally Bounded Universes [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20456041 - 08/21/14 08:22 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
I think of the UP as having more to do with wave-particle duality, but the entire edifice of quantum mechanics comes from something more fundamental than this.  Like I said, there are interpretations of the quantum theory that do not even have the UP (including Feynman's), and they work.

But even in the event that you are right, I don't think it defuses entropy or chance. Those are what I'm really standing on, even if the causes come from outside the UP.

Quote:

Yes but nowhere in the universe is there a lack of forces.  Even in the emptiest vacuum there are forces.  I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying.  Inertia is no more or less fundamental than force, and they are both dealt with by necessity by Newton's first law.

Forces are not a requisite function of any universe. If the universe had no matter in it, there would be no forces. Neither gravity nor EM nor nuclear forces can function without some kind of matter. A perfectly ordered universe would have no matter in it, but it would still be a "universe."

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
    #20456079 - 08/21/14 08:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What's your point?

--------------------
full blown human

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order