Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeachbump
Stranger

Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!!
    #16416972 - 06/21/12 08:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So I JUST did DMT (i came to like 40 min ago) and all i remember is feeling absolute joy and happiness.  That is all I fucking remember. HOLY SHIT is all i got to say.  It was like 1000 years of happiness compressed into like 15 minutes.  Is this normal?  I don't remember anything other then just whiting out basically.

Before this the most mind altering substance I took before was MDMA and marijuana.  I have no experience with LSD or shrooms.  I went straight to the DMT hehe.  What I did is I built a machine with a hennessy bottle. So easy to do.  You don't need to buy a vapor genie.  I made it with a steal scrubber from the grocery store.  What i did was soak it in acid over night to remove the galvanized layer. Then I burned it with a lighter and soaked it again just to be safe. I didn't cough at all it was so smooth.  I didn't taste anything burning either.  I don't remember it tasting like anything.  I am not a smoker either and my lungs are sensitive. I didn't cough. I only took one fucking hit on it and I basically just disappeared.  I don't remember putting the pipe down.  I was on my bed when I was smoking.  When I came to, I was on the floor and I couldn't stop laughing/crying that is how happy I was.   

The thing was, like an hour before this i totally bombed a phone interview.  like completely bombed.  I felt like an absolute piece of worthless shit after this phone interview.  After this, I wrote all my feelings down in my journal.  After that i was like fuck it, I am going to take the DMT.  In retrospect, this could have gone horribly horribly fucking wrong. But man o man it didn't

I loaded 40mg of DMT powder into the machine and gently melted it into the steel.  I then hit the pipe once and I basically had a white out.  I remember feeling like, this is fucking weird but I shouldn't be scared. It was like the floating feeling you get when you are stoned as fuck but 10x stronger.  I just let go after that and then I basically just had a white out.  I don't remember the fractals that people talk about.  Everything went white and my ears were ringing.  I don't remember where I went but I was fucking gone.

When I came to it I was writhing in absolute joy on the floor of my kitchen.  All could think is that I am not myself. I am not a person. I am just happy. I am just energy. First thing I did was call my brother who I hadn't ever spoken to on the phone in a really long time. Feels good man.

Does this sound like a DMT trip?  I was hoping to have a breakthrough experience my first time and I am not sure if i did.  All i know is that I don't remember the trip other than just whiting out then feeling pure joyful energy.

Edited by beachbump (06/21/12 09:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: beachbump]
    #16417277 - 06/21/12 09:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Never had a chance to try dmt but I thought people normally remember some of the trip for a minute or two after coming down but I hear it's like a dream and if you don't write it down or something immediately afterwards you'll just kinda forget it. But everyone is different and maybe it was such a strong experience you just couldn't process it once back at baseline?

Offlinebeachbump
Stranger

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #16417309 - 06/21/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the only thing remember is just blacking out basically.  Maybe i did way too much.  I took a massive ass hit from the machine. Everything went white before I could take a second hit.  I literally was blasted off in just a few seconds from taking the hit. The come down was fucking amazing though. All i could do was say 'dude dude dude wtf was that dude dude.' 

Edited by beachbump (06/21/12 09:42 PM)

OfflineTurkeyTom
Trippy
Male

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: beachbump]
    #16417342 - 06/21/12 09:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well sounds pretty intense whatever happened. Maybe someone with some dmt experience can shed some light on the subject but all i can say is maybe try again with a smaller dose?

OfflineToxicity
escapist

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: TurkeyTom]
    #16565679 - 07/21/12 09:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Don't worry, you'll remember it as soon as you blast off again.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: Toxicity]
    #16565708 - 07/21/12 09:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ime it's almost a given that you will forget a majority of it. the more you do it the more pieces you can put together to remember some of what the trip is like, but that indescribable feeling that makes you so happy afterwards is almost always instantly lost. i'll smoke DMT, think how incredible it is and tell myself i'll never be afraid of it again, then a couple weeks later i'm shaking with the pipe in my hand unsure of what to expect. then you hit it and BAM it's de javu.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#16565749 - 07/21/12 09:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Try adjusting your dosage a bit. Some people get total amnesia when they use a little too much.

My technique is to have a video camera rolling and as I'm coming out of it trying to describe as much as I can, like I'm telling a story. Doing this helps me remember it a lot as I anchor those memories to words.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

OfflineSoulidarity
With Your Halo Slippin . . .
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis Flag
Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: Dawks]
    #16565876 - 07/21/12 10:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i always remember my dmt trips, how can you forget?

--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Invisible2c-gLee
Shulgin's Secret
Male

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: Soulidarity]
    #16566667 - 07/22/12 03:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I, like you, could not remember my breakthrough experience after I had come down from it. What helped bring me back a major chunk of experiential memory was simply smoking a low-moderate dose of DMT. It was truly magnificent how effortlessly the memory came back to me while under the influence, as if I could have accessed it at whim at any time prior. What is funny, is that I did not even consciously focus on trying to remember the breakthrough experience while I was tripping on DMT again days afterwords. What happened is I was originally planning on breaking through again, but after my second hit, I was gripped with fear, and opted out. I felt anxiety ridden so I simply laid back on the couch that I was sitting on, and closed my eyes...and within seconds the memory just flooded my consciousness.

Synopsis: Smoke more DMT.

Offlinemoonsphere
Stranger

#20440965 - 08/19/14 03:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't remember my first one.

I definitely didn't blast off, I know that much, but for about 5 minutes I cannot tell you exactly what happened.

I do remember hearing my inner speaker (the "voice" of me thinking) saying a long stream of unrelated words and numbers. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't think about anything else except this long stream of words. After that, for about 5 minutes, absolutely nothing.

I smoked it again and didn't break through, but I got closer that time, and I remember a lot more about what happened.

--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement

Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Offlineqweqaz
Break-through
Male

Loc: Sweden
Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: moonsphere]
    #20442316 - 08/19/14 12:09 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

work your way up slowly, go from 10mg and up it to 15 then 20 etc and bring back memory as you progress. If you shoot too far out there then your brain cannot process it and will compress it alot.

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: moonsphere]
    #20442358 - 08/19/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moonsphere said:
I do remember hearing my inner speaker (the "voice" of me thinking) saying a long stream of unrelated words and numbers. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't think about anything else except this long stream of words. After that, for about 5 minutes, absolutely nothing.

I've had this same experience, except the words were repetitive and nonsense sounds that were almost words and seemed to be very significant despite their meaninglessness.  They were also tied to a few particular childhood memories for no apparent reason.  So strange.

The exact same string of words thing now comes back in other trips if I'm feeling anxious or fighting it.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offline0ldsk001
Stranger

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: gornyhuy]
    #20443744 - 08/19/14 05:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

well the weird thing was when i first did dmt,
i had the same joy/happiness but i cant remember if i was seeing those beings and such everybody talks about, i cant remember anything from when my eyes were closed, its just like black, and empty. I remember sitting on the couch tho looking at my friends after initially "passing out" and time went really fast then really slow, like i could tell by their talking. was a fuckin ball

Offlinemoonsphere
Stranger

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: gornyhuy]
    #20445138 - 08/19/14 09:06 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
Quote:

moonsphere said:

I've had this same experience, except the words were repetitive and nonsense sounds that were almost words and seemed to be very significant despite their meaninglessness.  They were also tied to a few particular childhood memories for no apparent reason.  So strange.

The exact same string of words thing now comes back in other trips if I'm feeling anxious or fighting it.

Interesting. Looking back on it, I feel like it had a lot to do with my expectation for the experience. I feel like with any psychedelic, the more control you try to exert, the more anxiety provoking it is.

You just gotta let it happen.

--------------------
Flex Your Rights - What to do when dealing with Law Enforcement

Know your rights! Don't talk to law enforcement officers under any circumstance, even if you are innocent.

Invisiblebig_scrappy97
Lurker
Male

Loc: United States of America
    #20445373 - 08/19/14 09:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

A theory that is out there is that you actually trip on dmt every night while you sleep. Your brain produces dmt during deep rem sleep and that's why you dream. Most of the time you don't remember a dream, but sometimes you do. However, when you do remember, it's typically little parts of the dream, not the whole thing. Most people say on here that it's like a dream(I've never tried it) but it's basically because you ARE dreaming.

--------------------

OfflineTravelFurthur

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: Toxicity]
    #20448724 - 08/20/14 03:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Toxicity said:
Don't worry, you'll remember it as soon as you blast off again.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

Offlineartandnothingelse
Stranger

#20450136 - 08/20/14 07:28 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have never forgotten my first breakthrough on DMT, i was grinning thinking well this is all thats going to happen, then your teleported to a different world where nothing exists not even yourself, you are not there anymore, you have become mother nature herself, for 10 or so minutes, then you come back to the world you were once in.

--------------------
If anyone would like to make me a banner, please PM me please. I would love to where your art.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Is it normal not to remember your first DMT trip? HOLY SHIT!!! [Re: artandnothingelse]
    #20453147 - 08/21/14 09:21 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I was on acid when I tried DMT and my room transformed around me into what looked and felt like a space ship. The folded accordion like arm of an entity stuck out of my closet and my mind held him responsible for radically altering my physical environment. The fact I was exhaling DMT didn't seem to mean anything to me. I don't know if that is a breakthrough but I still remember bits and pieces.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom