Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
eating disorder?
    #2042470 - 10/25/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

so uhm - i've been having a lot of issues on the whole... food thing. i think half is because i dont have much time to eat and the other half is because i learned that food is the enemy and i don't wanna get fat.

it's horrible... i know. i can't stop. occassionally i'll have a little something, but it's not a healthy something and it's not a filling something.

i really wish i could just lose some more weight, then i'd probably be happy to eat again.

this is sick - but i have to tell someone and this is the only place i can do it really.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Delyrium]
    #2042569 - 10/25/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"i really wish i could just lose some more weight, then i'd probably be happy to eat again. "

That's exactly the attitude that leads to full blown anorexia. It's always going to be "just a little more".

First off, you need to forget about trying to lose weight, because you're not even remotely fat. I've seen pictures.
I guess telling you that isn't necessarily going to help anything... but that's the truth.

How much excercise do you get? I've found that excercise increases my appetite for healthy foods, and it will certainly serve to keep you at a healthy weight.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Phluck]
    #2042597 - 10/25/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've also seen pictures of you, and you clearly have no need to lose weight. You're a beautiful being. Like Phluck said, you likely won't believe my opinion, though.

Do you have any other issues on your mind that could cause you to not want to eat? I really wish so much pressure wasn't placed on peoples' physique by the damn general public. Again, just emphasing what Phluck said, excercise would be a great idea. I think talking to a close friend about your problem would really help too. We're all here for you, but please, take action and talk to some real people also, if you can.

Peace,
masterg

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2042816 - 10/25/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in the same boat.....

I eat to live, I don't live to eat.... Food sucks, other than the fact that it gives LIFE, of course :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous #1

Re: eating disorder? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2042930 - 10/25/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i like it because it tastes good too

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2042986 - 10/25/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I used to have issues with food for a long, long time. Obsessed over it at some points. Until I read 'The beauty myth' by Naiomi Woof. Made me realise the context of the pressure in society for women to be thin, and how it has become an industry not really in our interests. Then I became defiant and angry. And now finally I don't obsess about food and am able to maintain a normal weight! I'd recommend it. The other thing I found was good was to stop reading women's magazines. Good luck, mate.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: eating disorder? [Re: enotake2]
    #2043792 - 10/26/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well i'll be honest about it...

i was seeing this guy for about a month, pretty much made me feel like shit however i just didn't realize what he was doing to my ego at the time. it was horrible and strange. i have always had body image problems - but lately i'm really starting to get down on myself b/c of this past guy. he was only in my life for a short time - and i feel so weak because i let him do this to me.

pretty much - he said some things to me that really fucked up my body image. he was a prick - i know that now - but the words he said to me still ring true in my head.

and then there is this other guy, right after i cut off contact with the guy that made me feel like shit. the other guy i met, he has this obsession with ridiculously skinny females. he has asked me out on numerous dates but... i feel as if i'm too heavy for him.

i know i'm 115... that's a "healthy" weight... but i'd do ANYTHING to drop those 10 pounds.

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

#2043798 - 10/26/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ooo phluck - i dont have time to really workout. the only work out i get is from skateboarding, or practicing on my bongo board (it's a silly thing... ).

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2043838 - 10/26/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, dude. Some people can be really cruel. But just realise that there are guys out there who are nice people and not so superficial. The 'right' guy will value you for who you are and it won't matter if you are 30 pounds heavier or 30 pounds lighter during your relationship. That guy is attracted to waifs and there are other guys who are attracted to obese women. I used to think my weight was the most important thing in relationships - that getting a guy and keeping him hinged on it. To be honest I had some high standards regarding superficial crap things with men too when I was younger which I am happy to admit I have dropped. The guy I am with at the moment I have heaps in common with in terms of spiritual, political and humanitarian ideals and the relationship is based on this. I think you owe it to yourself to be a bit angry at that arsehole who criticised you and choose to find someone else who won't treat you like that no matter how long it takes. Remember that you are much more than just your weight - that is a very small part of who you are. Just an idea - maybe make a list of all the things there are to like about you besides the way you look. And when you look in the mirror, make a point to notice the things that look good.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Anonymous #1

Re: eating disorder? [Re: enotake2]
    #2043970 - 10/26/03 02:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I am sorry that you were put in a situation like that. I unfortunitly said things about my girlfriend at the time that she was a lil big which was a pile of bullshhit.. It came out of me because I was in the same situation before and that was the aswer that was told to me. I still look at my self as large. I am happy with the fact and would actualy like to get bigger. I dont eat much any more even though I want to get big. I have met you and can honestly say that you are just perfect the way you are. Dont let some one elses opinion be you reality.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2044342 - 10/26/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Del...I've seen you and your a perfectly healthy weight....

Actually I remember thinking how thin you were when we met. Your such a nice person, god don't let the words of some jerk hurt you or make you self conscious.

This type of thing can be real dangerous......eat protein and stay away from sugar and starch.

Be well

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Ripple]
    #2044657 - 10/26/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

don't let the words of some jerk hurt you or make you self conscious.

I second that.

You can't let people rule your ego. You are the keeper of your ego (the owner of your mood, your confidence, and your body). Be content with what you have and strive to improve at a safe pace. Anxiety and worry are your enemy.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #2044795 - 10/26/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think the best advice is to seek professional help now before your body image or eating issues take full control over you.

Get the problem addressed now before it reaches a serious point.

Del you are VERY healthy looking and if you lost 10 more pounds you'd look VERY unhealthy.

Please consider a shrink, this is not a little thing that most people can fix on their own, the good thing is you are already asking for help/advice so early on that you will be just fine if you can get professional help soon.

Keep us updated, otherwise you will have us all worry over you day and night :smile:

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Thor]
    #2044822 - 10/26/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Look, food is NOT the enemy, only tweekers think that! Food is great, food is fuel for the soul! If you are worried about your weight, the ONLY answer is exercise. Whatever it may be. It doesn't have to be strenuous, just consistent. I suggest starting each day with stretching all your muscles, then doing light calisthenics (however the fuck it's spelled). The main idea is to get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day.

I have an eating and weight problem myself. I used to be EXTREMELY overweight. I used crystal meth for 9 years to combat it. Okay, I did it for a couple of months to combat the fat, the rest of the time, I was just addicted. But now, I am clean, and the weight came back QUICK! I have found that just being all natural seems to be working! I fill my spare time with stretching and light exercises, and it's kept it down....all except my 'POT GUT'! I even had that as a tweeker, it is probably there forever!

I hope you try my advice, and not some dangerous motherfucking pills or drugs. Eat ALL you want, as long as your willing to do the time(excercise). And just because something is FAT FREE, does not mean you won't get fat from it. Sugar is changed into carbs, which unused, changes to fat. It's all about nature, my friend!

Peace!

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Thor]
    #2044837 - 10/26/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

And if she's ever in Florida I'd be happy to see that fine body myself. :smile: 

/defends himself cuz he's single and lookin'
:smile:

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Re: eating disorder? [Re: World Spirit]
    #2044902 - 10/26/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thanks guys - i really wish sometimes i was stronger than i am. i know i shouldn't let others bring me down but it's tough. esp when you open up to someone and get trapped in their dirty little games.

see i'm walking a tight rope here...

on one hand i know i look good, sometimes i feel i look DAMN good.

other times i just wanna hide and cry because i really hate how i look.

it's horrible, i don't get it. i think deep down inside i know i look perfectly healthy but something keeps nudging me telling me to lose weight.

it's hard to even tell people how i feel because if i mention it to a friend like "i really need to lose 10 lbs" they just laugh and tell me i'm ridiculous b/c i look great as is... i mean i guess it's a compliment but they really don't see the danger of what i'm feeling.

i tried counselling. my mom threw me in a few different things to try and get my head straight but they never worked. i was always bitter towards them - and if i opened up - i was stuck on medications that would make me throw up every single morning. i dont wanna live my life like that (reason why i guess i'm not bulimic).

--------------------
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2045045 - 10/26/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

aw.... please dont hide and cry... your DAMN sexy... i know this for a fact. I think you just need some TLC (works up a great apatite... seriously)... and someone to tell you every day how beautiful you really are. Its not you... this is a common problem with the world. I must admit... i dont eat when i should sometimes... and its really not good for me. You've seen me, im a fuckin STICK! But some days i cant help it... i feel ugly, or not good enough for anyone.

*sigh*
you are beautiful, and you are perfect just the way you are, because you are who you are... and thats what i like about you
and i know that wont fix everything.... but maybe if i keep telling you... you'll believe me with your whole heart someday

--------------------

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Suffer]
    #2045048 - 10/26/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

and youd better let me take you out to dinner.... we can both stuff our faces for a change

--------------------

OfflineSanityIsOvrRated
Live for Today

Loc: NY
Re: eating disorder? [Re: Suffer]
    #2045090 - 10/26/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dely,

I know exactly how you feel.  For example, yesterday I asked a question on OTD, and put up a picture, because I thought it was FUNNY.  Then, BAM, Spud is all over the place, calling me a fatass, insulting me left and right, and just being an ass.  I used to think, "Man, if I was just FIFTEEN pounds lighter, it would be okay.  I bet if I didn't eat for a month I could be fifteen pounds lighter."  Now, I just don't care (for the most part).  I've had people tell me that I'm attractive at the weight I am, and I have FUN, and I don't worry about what I'm going to eat when I go out to dinner with my friends.  I still worry about my weight sometimes, but I am in college and walk 7 to 10 miles a day to classes and around Manhattan.  Anyway, I haven't seen pictures of you, but if you're 115 pounds, then I'm sure you don't need to lose any weight, assuming you're over four feet tall.  So, don't let people get you down!  My whole weight thing started with a shitty ex-boyfriend too...

And he was baaaad in bed. :wink:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2045205 - 10/26/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.webmd.com/webmddiet/bp/index.html

I found this link a few minutes ago. I'm not sure about the program but I try to offer as much advice as I can usually without trying to ramble.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds