Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
question: transplanting cow patties with pinhead growth
    #2044783 - 10/26/03 03:13 PM (13 years, 20 hours ago)

hey everyone!! this is my first post here, so please bear with me.

i've successfully grown some great fungi indoors in the past, but the following is a first for me. since i just moved to the south, i decided to go out hunting. we took quite a long ride to a farm where p.c.'s are very common and often harvested by the owner, who gave us permission to pick from her pastures. to our dismay, we found that the wet weather we experienced a couple of days ago in our area never made it the 80 miles north where our pasture is located, so the land was quite dry. what we were able to find in a shaded area however were many, many cow patties with some excellent colonies of pinheads just beginning to show, some up to a 1/4" in height. since we would not be able to come back to the pasture anytime soon due to distance, schedule, etc., we decided to box a few of the patties and take them home with us.

my question for you guys is what is the best method to allow our shrooms to mature? should we just take the plop out of the boxes and place them in the back yard, or should we put them in the terrarium? can anyone suggest special care which will help our success rate? what do you think the growth cycle will be like and how long do you estimate it will be until maturity? i admit, i have no experience with wild p.c.'s (i've only harvested a. muscaria), and i would really like to use this harvest to take prints from for future grows.

thanks in advance for everyones time. i plan to become a regular contributor to the forums here from now on so i can continue learning as much as possible, and i really look forward to talking with y'all in the future!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: question: transplanting cow patties with pinhead growth [Re: VaeSolis]
    #2044857 - 10/26/03 03:45 PM (13 years, 19 hours ago)

I'd pick one of them, cut it open in a sterile environment, put a chunk of that in some honeywater, and let it grow out. Good luck!!!

In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
Re: question: transplanting cow patties with pinhead growth [Re: lysergic]
    #2047582 - 10/27/03 03:38 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'd just drop it in the back yard, why not? At least let them get a little larger before you try cloning them.

creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: question: transplanting cow patties with pinhead growth [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #2048847 - 10/27/03 11:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I second the backyard. Just put tem in a shady spot and keep them moist. Doing anything with them indoors at this point is asking for contams.

Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation