Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: Seuss]
    #2056822 - 10/30/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ok then how about takeing DTP oraly with an MAOI anyone ever tryed this combo as i may in future try this.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: EvilGir]
    #2057264 - 10/30/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

what's DTP ?
there are a few reports at places like www.erowid.org & www.lycaeum.org about combos of harmine & dpt...
gee, maybe even here, idunno (utfse...)
pretreatment with MAOi might make oral dosing of DPT HCl more "reliable", who knows?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: gnrm23]
    #2058552 - 10/30/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hm i still can't decide whether to take my syrian rue capsules tommarow night with the shrooms, but everyone says it makes the trip stronger so i think i might do them.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinepsilojoe
Mr
Male

Loc: Camden, London, England
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2058782 - 10/30/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have a bag of Syrian rue and want to take it the next time i trip on shrooms, problem is i have heard all sorts of different suggestions for the quantity to take and i dont know who to believe, can someone please tell me an accurate dosage for 1 person, 1 trip, preferably erring on the side of caution as its my first time with any MAO inhibitor and i dont want to overdo it, much appreciated,
psilojoe

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: psilojoe]
    #2058931 - 10/30/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever you do don't eat the seeds strait or crushed, you must do atleast a simple water extraction or you'll most likely get very sick for a while.

Male

Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2059028 - 10/30/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Since there's already a lot of good info in this thread I'll add some more. Here is how the MAOI's are said to work on the brain...

First, how the brain works normaly; the brain cells all have senders(axons) and receivers(dendrites) and the space between the axon and the dendrite is called the synapse.

So What happens is the seritonin(or in our case psilocin) is released from the axon, sent through the synapse, and is either received into the dendrite. Sometimes there is too much being sent to receive or for whatever reason it bounces back from the dendrite to a re-uptake receiver on the axon. When the psilocin is re-uptaken into the axon it meets up with MAO, which breaks down the psilocin. If the MAO is inhibited then when the psilocin is re-uptaken in will not break down, but will be sent again across the synapse.

So in effect, the psilocin lasts much longer in your brain, also the harmine/harmaline has an effect on it's own.

I've noticed I can tell when my MAO is inhibited by the way my mind speeds up and becomes more articulate, it's the kind of trip where the visuals arent the most important part of the trip, your mind is observing the beauty, but at the same time your mind is radiating with pathologic insanity. Sometimes it's hard to slow your train of thought down to articulate. Anyway like I may have said it's probably not a good idea to use MAOIs with mushrooms untill you can explain how it works on your brain(or at least what we know of how it works) so that's why I wrote all that.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: Infrared]
    #2059505 - 10/31/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
i think shiftingwalls is thinking of the alpha-methyl-phenethylamine(amphetamine) combination with an maoi, which is most certainly deadly.

Yes, I meant any thing with a semi-amphetamine like I was saying about 5-MeO-AMT.

5-MeO-AMT is like an amphetamine. In a way.

So dont do IT!

Amphetamines + MAOI's = Death

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2060945 - 10/31/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psychopsilocyber said:
Since there's already a lot of good info in this thread I'll add some more. Here is how the MAOI's are said to work on the brain...

First, how the brain works normaly; the brain cells all have senders(axons) and receivers(dendrites) and the space between the axon and the dendrite is called the synapse.

So What happens is the seritonin(or in our case psilocin) is released from the axon, sent through the synapse, and is either received into the dendrite. Sometimes there is too much being sent to receive or for whatever reason it bounces back from the dendrite to a re-uptake receiver on the axon. When the psilocin is re-uptaken into the axon it meets up with MAO, which breaks down the psilocin. If the MAO is inhibited then when the psilocin is re-uptaken in will not break down, but will be sent again across the synapse.

So in effect, the psilocin lasts much longer in your brain, also the harmine/harmaline has an effect on it's own.

I've noticed I can tell when my MAO is inhibited by the way my mind speeds up and becomes more articulate, it's the kind of trip where the visuals arent the most important part of the trip, your mind is observing the beauty, but at the same time your mind is radiating with pathologic insanity. Sometimes it's hard to slow your train of thought down to articulate. Anyway like I may have said it's probably not a good idea to use MAOIs with mushrooms untill you can explain how it works on your brain(or at least what we know of how it works) so that's why I wrote all that.

Thats a great explaination psychopsilocyber, it makes me want to take the capules i have tonight. I'm going to be doing a 1/8 of some good shrooms and the friend that gave me the syrian rue said all 6 capsules make up 3 grams. It sounds like syrian rue makes mushrooms way more intense so i would like to do it.

One thing though, will taking the 6 capsules make me sick at all? I see someone posted that in this thread. I wouldnt want the Syrian rue to mess up my shroom trip, but i dont want to miss out either. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Male

Re: Know your substance-MAOI's [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2067339 - 11/03/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, like I just said, it's not a good idea to eat the seeds without doing an extraction. If you do make sure you're at home where you can get to your toilet if you need too.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules