Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
More cyan shots from this week
    #2044569 - 10/26/03 01:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I've been taking lots of pics while out hunting this week and trying to get my cam figured out, so here's some for the world to see, courtesy of the heavy rains we got earlier this week :grin:.

A little patch I found yesterday:

Some well hidden fruits from a few days ago, this spot kicks ass, they blend in nicely with all those little berries and leaves everywhere :laugh: :

A decent patch from Tuesday:

Pinnage!!  Unfortunately this patch will probably be found by some clowns that will end up destroying everything like happened to the other spots around it :frown: .

Yesterday mornings finds:

From this morning, things seem to be drying out a bit in this sun...  Found quite a few big specimens that were already shriveling up and too old to pick.  Lots of new pins around though, some more rain would be excellent, hopefully we get some soon...

Fin

DH         

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: More cyan shots from this week [Re: spores]
    #2044596 - 10/26/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like you've got your cam pretty figured out to me. The patch in the third pic looks yum. Great pics! Why don't you scoop some mulch/chips up with the mycelium into some sort of bag (or a wheelbarrow lol) and transplant it, then who cares about the clowns. Just a thought.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: More cyan shots from this week [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2044695 - 10/26/03 02:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks.  I don't have any property of my own to transplant it to though.  So I would just be pulling up a patch in a public place and planting it in another public place, heh.  I haven't had good luck transplanting in the past either, tried it a few times in the past few seasons.  No luck yet.  Probably just as easy to go find some new patches :smile: .  Not to mention, desecrating a public patch like that would make me one of the said clowns :grin:

DH

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#2044803 - 10/26/03 03:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well it wouldn't, you could transplant some of the mulch without affecting the whole colony, I've done so many times and the colonies I took from are still doing very well, as are the new patches (both would be doing 100 times better if we had some bloody rain).  You could look on it as helping the spread of the species and saving that particular strain from the clowns :smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: More cyan shots from this week [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2045832 - 10/26/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

In the PNW the only real shroom transplanted is P. azurescens and they only come for a year or two and do not return after a few years and they fail to spread from their original fruitings.

mj

I did grow some in my ice box and closet you can see them at my site under cultivation.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (10/27/03 01:42 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: More cyan shots from this week [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2046010 - 10/27/03 12:57 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

MJ: [edit: nevermind, i did misread your post :smile:]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2046030 - 10/27/03 01:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

awesome finds!!!

i was hunting yesterday and only found a bunch of pins... in fact one of the shots looks like the same area i was in. hopefully more rain is on its way this week!!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification