Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlare
journeyman
depression from shrooms how long will it last ?
    #2044237 - 10/26/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i tripped a few times from shrooms... im pretty depressed atm how long will this last and alsohow long does it take for the shrooms to leave your body ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: Flare]
    #2044255 - 10/26/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How long since shrooming has it been? Are you sure it's the shrooms? I have a problem with depression and shrooms are the best anti-depressant that I've found.

The anti-depressant effect gradually declines until it's gone after 4-5 days to two weeks depending on how hard the trip was. (Harder trip = longer mood lift for me.) So if they're having the opposite effect for you maybe it last about the same amount of time.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #2044258 - 10/26/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Psiloc(yb)in take roughly 24 hours t be completely eliminated from the body. As for the depression

Here

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: Tantalus]
    #2044269 - 10/26/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the 1st trip i had was a heavy one... but the ones after were milder... and the last 2 i had last week were too in my head... too much thinking was going on.. brain was thinking so much shit scary thoughts... not very pleasent guess thats wat depressed me.. hope it goes away :wink:

Anonymous

#2044294 - 10/26/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ive had exactly the same problem, but the effects were exacerbated by mdma. Depression isnt something thatll just go away, its a chemical imbalance uin the brain, id suggest laying of shrooms til you feel better

OfflineFlare
journeyman
Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: ]
    #2044353 - 10/26/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oki guys thx for the info ill b ok in a few weeks i guess ill stop the partying till i feel better :smile:

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2044381 - 10/26/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

any specific thoughts that depress you?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: entiformatie]
    #2044394 - 10/26/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah , this same problem happend to me after my second trip was too intense. It goes away , i dont remember being depressed at all lately, it's probably been a few months

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: Gorian]
    #2044472 - 10/26/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Psychedelics can amplify emtions and issues you might have. Sometimes it can be good if it shows you something that is bothering you, but other times the depression is less spefic. Good call on waiting. It's safer to wait until things in life settle down and you feel more secure. It's also more enjoyable :wink:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Anonymous

Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: Twirling]
    #2044476 - 10/26/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
Psychedelics can amplify emtions and issues you might have. Sometimes it can be good if it shows you something that is bothering you, but other times the depression is less spefic. Good call on waiting. It's safer to wait until things in life settle down and you feel more secure. It's also more enjoyable :wink: 

shrooms are good in moderation, they can be a useful tool to problem solving but sometimes the opposite can be true as well and canmake things worse

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: Gorian]
    #2044477 - 10/26/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I had the depression thing happen to me twice, its not very strong but its still not fun to have around. The 1st time I layed around and did nothing for awhile before I desided going out will probably help and it did...just spent the day out w/ some friends and getting out of the house and not being bored took it away. Second time lasted afew days-weeks and it was gone, it wasn't really like I was depressed but I was definately 'off' and down.

Sometimes you just get abit after-affect-depression, its usually the opposite tho, it'll go away. In the mean time Dr. Dailypot recomends you just go out and try and have some fun :wink: 

Anonymous

Re: depression from shrooms how long will it last ? [Re: DailyPot]
    #2044692 - 10/26/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i have the added problem of an xtc addiction to make me feel bad (before anyone says anything about x not being addictive, ok maybe not physically but bang it 3 times a week for a year and then see how easy it is to come off)

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
    #2044915 - 10/26/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Not to mention having like zero serotonin, unless you have been popping massive 5htp and using some nice preload.

Anonymous

#2044984 - 10/26/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

oki guys thx for the info ill b ok in a few weeks i guess ill stop the partying till i feel better

partying?

taking mushrooms frequently and just for kicks is a sure way to get yourself in a place you don't wanna be.

respect the fungus, and you will be fine. if you use something as profound and incredible as tripping just to get your kicks on a friday night, of course you're gonna get dragged down.

for "partying" may i recommend: alcohol, pot, nitrous oxide, cigarettes, etc.

Anonymous

#2045166 - 10/26/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
oki guys thx for the info ill b ok in a few weeks i guess ill stop the partying till i feel better

partying?

taking mushrooms frequently and just for kicks is a sure way to get yourself in a place you don't wanna be.

respect the fungus, and you will be fine. if you use something as profound and incredible as tripping just to get your kicks on a friday night, of course you're gonna get dragged down.

for "partying" may i recommend: alcohol, pot, nitrous oxide, cigarettes, etc.

exactly man i just learnt it the hard way

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag