Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
CLONING - - - - ???
    #2043237 - 10/25/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I still haven't found a proper method for successfully cloning a fresh shroom via a liquid myclieum technique like the honey water. Here's what I want to do... instead of using spores to begin my liquid M, I just want to drop in the shroom to get things started. Should I use the cap, the stem, a piece of myclieum from which it is growing from? Also, how much of the shroom should be used to get the Liquid M going and is it safe to add peroxide to the honey/water mixture before I drop in the shroom? I know peroxide kills spores but figured it would cut down on my contam rate if I were to do the shroom to honey water transfer instead.

Please help me and I will be forever grateful. (and I'll give you a 5 shroom rating if you can give me some real feedback and answer all my questions ; )

thanks guys and gals!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: CLONING - - - - ??? [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2043270 - 10/25/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You want to use a sterilized scalpel (or other small sharp knife), remove the cap from donor shroom and cut out a small square near where the stipe meets the cap. You really only need a small thin slice to do the job, like the kind the use where propigating on agar dishes. It should be safe to add peroxide, but try to keep the concentration low as a higher one will temporarilly stunt growth.

Hope this helps,

mycomancer

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
Re: CLONING - - - - ??? [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2043381 - 10/25/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

so could i use bottled water, using hot scalpel drop slice of shroom into syringe + water. shake vigerously and should be ok?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: CLONING - - - - ??? [Re: Told]
    #2043389 - 10/25/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

dont use a hot scalpel,the heat will kill the mycelium.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: CLONING - - - - ??? [Re: Told]
    #2043433 - 10/26/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would place the slice(s) and distilled water into a sterile jar/container, Shake up the container vigorously and then use the syringe(also sterilized) to draw in the liquid M. For this I would use a couple good sized pieces, and approx. 5ml peroxide. Getting a shroom slice directly into a syringe seems that it would be a bit difficult. Or go straight to honey water as per your original idea.

Here's a link that might prove helpful: http://mv.lycaeum.org/mu/_liquid_culture.html

mycomancer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom