Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMr. Alien
I will abduct andprobe your anus
 User Gallery

Loc: Star Wars Galaxy
Re: Liquid Inoculant [Re: MudaFuka]
    #20441644 - 08/19/14 09:14 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

3000! :thataintright:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Liquid Inoculant [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #20443657 - 08/19/14 04:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

These 9 jars were inoculated with a LI made from a single quarter sized PE wedge 6 days ago. I shook them on day 4 and I think they should be ready to spawn on about day 8.

Tis is one of 9 jars of sterilised CVG/coffee/worm castings/oats  That were inoculated with the cambo LI from the pix in this tek. I know its hard to see but all 9 jars have growth at several different point 2 days after inoculation..

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #20443870 - 08/19/14 05:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Cool stuff! :cool:

OfflineTheApprentice
back at it
Male User Gallery

#20446208 - 08/20/14 12:11 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
Well Blinding leaf inspired me to make some nutrient free liquid inoculant.

Un like LC which contains nutrients and needs time to colonise. LI is made by mixing a colonised agar plate into sterile water. This is a real improvement because it greatly lowers the potential for contamination.

It also removes the need to do G2G transfers since you can simply make enough LI to inoculate as much spawn as you want right at the initial inoculation.

There are PC able blender jars on the market designed for this purpose but they are a bit pricey. So I made my own

selecting your blender

I started out with an old blender that up until now I have been using to crush drywall for gypsum. the threads on its base fit a tall half pint jar perfectly and its made of PC able plastic. It is a Procter Silex 58130R 8 speed. I really just got lucky that it works so well.

To find a blender that fits a jar. I suggest taking a jar ring to the store and seeing if it will screw on to the base of a blenders pitcher. If it dose you know it will work. As far as the plastic holding up to a PC cycle. I think most cheep blenders are likely made of the same cheep plastic. Mine looks like the same white plastic that jar lids are made of. So get a cheep white blender and chances are it will work.

Making the switch

The first step is to un screw the pitcher from its base and remove the blade assembly from the bottom of the pitcher.

Then simply put the blade assembly into a half pint jar and screw the base onto the jars top.

Now its ready to use.

Using your blender to make Liquid inoculant
Simply start by filling your jar about half way with water(tap is what I use but if you are concerned about it go ahead and use distilled). Next place the blade assembly into the top of the jar and screw on the blender base. Make sure not to tighten it all the way. It should be loos enough to provide gas exchange during the PC run.

now place it in the PC and run it at 15PSI for 15 to 20 minutes.

Once the timer goes off turn off the heat and let the pressure drop on its own. Once the pressure has dropped open the PC and quickly tighten the blender base to the jar so no contams get sucked in while it cools. I then like to put it in my SAB to cool

I like to prep my SAB before the jar has cooled so by the time the water is no longer to hot the air in the box has had time to settle.
I prep my SAB by first misting it with a mix of bleach dish soap and water then I spray Lysol in and around the box. I put my scalpel and the petri I plan on using in the SAB and I go and wash my hands and arms. 

Now that the water is nice and cool its time to go to work. Put on some gloves and coat them with alcohol or an alcohol based hand sanitizer. I also like to wear a face mask. wipe down the petri and blender jar with alcohol.

Unscrew the blender base from the jar and set it aside. I like to have an empty jar or petri in my SAB to set thing on so they don't touch the floor. Flame sterilise your scalpel(I like to use a propane torch). open up your plate and cut out the colonised portion of the agar and pick it up with the scalpel. With your other hand take the blade assembly off the top of your jar and drop in the colonised agar. Put the blade assembly back in and screw the blender base back on the jar. Threw out this process watch that your hands are never directly above the jar or plate.

Now pu the blender jar on to your blender and run it on high for about five seconds. Don't run it for to long or you risk really damaging the mycelium.

Well there you go you have a nice jar of clean liquid inoculant. You can either use a syringe to suck some up and inoculate with the syringe or just pour it in to your receiving jars like I do.

:like:

--------------------

RR Videos -Best $9 Ever Spent *
No Pour AGAR Tek Easy COIR Trays! *
Pink Oysters on Newspaper TEK

"Yeah?  Well, DRACULA called... and he said he's coming over tonight, and I said OK!" :mastershake:

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Liquid Inoculant [Re: TheApprentice]
    #20450467 - 08/20/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

These jars are kicking ass

I'm having a real hard time getting a good picture of these jars without zooming in.:shrug:

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #20450730 - 08/20/14 08:45 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

fuckin right bro!!
:rockon:

crescent fresh

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
!!! [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20450798 - 08/20/14 08:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You guys just blew my mind. And I have a Blender that fits!!!!!! This is so money.

Amazing you and Blindingleaf +5 Shrooms.

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

Re: !!! [Re: Sockadin]
    #20450811 - 08/20/14 08:54 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What is your blender?

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #20450885 - 08/20/14 09:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

IT is a nut chooper 5000.  LoL joking, I have no idea what the brand is I bought it from a health food store. Medifast.com or some shit.

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

Re: !!! [Re: Sockadin]
    #20451712 - 08/20/14 11:51 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

DId you already test it in the PC?

Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: !!! [Re: Mr. Alien]
    #20451825 - 08/21/14 12:11 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i have to use a jar ring while pcing as the oster base will melt. I found it's kind of a pain in the ass to get the lid on and off cleanly while making the transfer because the gasket is not attached... I'm thinking about siliconing the gasket to the blender attachment to prevent this. is your gasket attached? or do you just grab both at the same time? I guess siliconing it can't hurt so i may try with one of mine and see if it leaks and sticks well enough.

--------------------

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: tombosley8]
    #20452589 - 08/21/14 05:15 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

My gasket is atached.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: MudaFuka]
    #20455192 - 08/21/14 06:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

4 days growth.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20455231 - 08/21/14 06:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

That's killer for four days

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: cronicr]
    #20455258 - 08/21/14 06:20 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Next I'm going to make some supplemented manure jars and inoculate them with a pan cyan LI. Then It will be sawdust for my oysters and enoki.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #20455324 - 08/21/14 06:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
4 days growth.

can't beat lc's they rock!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: eatyualive]
    #20456497 - 08/21/14 09:46 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

No I think he just beat LC's sorry dude. TC tag or not, this tek is the shit. Or did you mean, "wow what an amazing grow, I love LI it is so awesome!"

Invisibled0urd3n
Just call me "D"

Re: !!! [Re: Sockadin] * 1
    #20456763 - 08/21/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You say it contains no nutrients but there are nutrients in agar. And usually only the top of the agar is colonized so there are a lot of nutrients left that contams would also like. I guess I just fail to see how this is any more sterile than a proper LC inoculated with agar. It seems it would not be a bad idea to PC a lid with a silicon port along with the jar to put it on afterwards so you could use a syringe.

I guess it would work well if you inoculated immediately, but if you waited it would essentially be an LC and have all of those negative aspects, correct?

For you guys saying how awesome this tek is have you messed around with LCs much? LC gets a lot of bad rep but it seems like many don't even try it because of this.

Also mudafucka why do you make these CVG/coffee/worm castings/oats jars? Do you just throw them right in a monotub so you don't meed to mix with the sub to speed things up? I have never seen this done before.

I'm not questioning anyone I am just wondering how all this works since I have just recently started with agar and grain.

Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: !!! [Re: d0urd3n]
    #20456861 - 08/21/14 10:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

The main difference is LC needs time to colonise which also gives contams a chance to grow. I use my LI the same day I make it so it is essentially the same as inoculating jars with agar but they colonise in less than half the time and the agar can be stretched out to inoculate more jars. LI is also faster than LC because it doesn't need time to colonise. I would never use a self healing injection port for anything. Why would I put a flame sterilised needle threw a non sterile port. I also think using a syringe just adds a contam vector when pouring the LI into each jar works just fine.

I plan on just fruiting my supplemented substrate jars in the jars in my GH. I don't know of anyone who has done this with cubes but bottle growing is pretty common with edibles and I like to try new things so I figured I would give it a shot.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleMr. Alien
 User Gallery

Re: !!! [Re: d0urd3n]
    #20457252 - 08/22/14 12:16 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

d0urd3n said:
You say it contains no nutrients but there are nutrients in agar. And usually only the top of the agar is colonized so there are a lot of nutrients left that contams would also like.
Thanks.

Yeah myc only colonize the top layer, that's why you should experiment too with thin layers of agar, just when pouring don't fill the dish all the way up:shrug:.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck