Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestart25
The Ascension
    #2041930 - 10/25/03 02:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I am curious as to why some people here are so sure about this whole ascencion/2012 galactic alignment/entrance into the fourth dimension, whatever it may be called. Did you just start reading about it on the computer and think it is true? What personal experiences did you have that made you so convinced that this is going to happen? Did you have any idea before you started to read about it that led you to believe you are not just being influenced by something you read and therefore it is just mind over matter?

I am a little concerned; I think it might just be propaganda to keep us more docile. I thought the photon belt theory already been thoroughly disproved?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: The Ascension [Re: start25]
    #2041936 - 10/25/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How exactly, do you disprove a spiral of multidimensional light linking stars across the galaxy? And we have not even left our own solar system. Science doesn't know everything, even if they'd like to think they do.
I had a long standing intuition about a transformation approaching, when I went to the internet to try and research it and found many others shared my feelings. I read about it *after* I had long had feelings about it.

Offlinestart25
Re: The Ascension [Re: Shroomism]
    #2041964 - 10/25/03 03:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I really want to believe this though, I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to hear from someone that they knew something about this before they read it on the internet, or some evidence other than channlings from aliens.

Well they said we would enter the photon belt in 1996, it does not seem like anything changed. Other scientists say no such thing exists. I want to be proven wrong here- so if this is wrong just pomint me toward a link or other source that refutes this.

Anybody can make something like this up. For example:

There is a vast ocean on jupiter with a fake continent built inside a secret bio dome erected by aliens, where we will be taken if there is a natural disaster on this planet, I know this because I have been channeled by aliens. I'm an honest person, buy my books and enter a seminar of mine on spirituality to understand these aliens better and so you are ready to be taken to this new place when a comet hits in 2012.

you see my point. I'm just trying to discern the truth here.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2042009 - 10/25/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Discern based on your own personal experience and observations. Don't take my word, or anyone's as truth.

The actual saying was that our solar system would begin entering the photon band in 1987, and be fully immersed in it's multidimensional, high-frequency light by 2012. You won't find information to prove you wrong, because such a thing cannot be proven nor refuted at our current level of scientific knowledge. Any scientist that says such a thing cannot exist, is completely full of crap, because there is no way of verifying or refuting such a thing with our current technology. We aren't even close to fully understanding our world, so why try to put limits on things we don't understand. Fear of the unknown. So we try and put some meaning to it, or none at all, to feel comfortable.

"Junk science" is faulty scientific data and analysis used to further a special agenda. There are no means of determining whether or not these claims are true, and multidimensional light linking stars cannot be refuted. Any scientists that claims no such thing exists is full of crap. We don't have the capacity to even begin fully understanding or comprehending our universe, the nature of reality, and forces outside even our own solar system, which we don't even understand yet. We have theories, and that's about it. Scientists like to tout theories as fact. Progress in science is made by keeping an open mind about possibilities, and exploring, not outright denying thing we can't possible understand logically, which is the only way science works, through cold hard logic.

The fact is that science is still in it's infancy, and if it wants to progress, it has to accept that the universe is more than random chemical interactions and chaos. There are many, many things which are still unknown, and to just ignore them, or call them impossible, or not even able to exist, would not only be an act in ignorance, but is detrimental to our development. According to physics, bumblebees aren't physically capable of flight. They say bumblebees can't fly according to the "laws" of physics. And yet, I see them flying around...do you? This either means that physics is not 100% accurate, or the bumblebees have some kind of superpower that defies the "laws" of science. Which do you think it is? I could give you about 50 more example of "Things that should not be", according to science.

Determine the truth through objective observation and thinking for yourself. Don't let me, or science tell you what to think.

Offlinestart25
    #2042048 - 10/25/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Have you had any personal experiences that led you to believe in the ascencion before you read about it? Anything- experieces on shrooms, dreams, meditation? Did prior experiences all come together when you started reading about the ascension?

Or did you just read about it and it struck the right chord, you knew right away in your heart that this is the truth?

Are there any gurus that you think are in it only for the profit that people should avoid?

you seem to know all about this and believe in it very dearly, that's why I ask these questions- I'm in no way trying to deconstruct your beleifs.

everything you said about science I agree with, but soemtimes I look at all the advances of science and I think maybe there is nothing, maybe there is no God, everyhting is tangible and science is the only truth.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2042069 - 10/25/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My whole life was a series of experiences that led me to believe this. I already KNEW, deep down inside, what was going on. When I started reading about it, it only further confirmed my beliefs, not only because it struck a chord in me, but it resonated deeply to the soul.. and all the pieces started coming together.

There are many that are in it just for the profit.. and are fakes. Use your own personal judgement to determine who is who. Generally, the 'real ones' will give information for free, though they may have a book or two for sale. If they tell you that they hold the one truth, and buy my book because it will unlock the doors of the universe... then its bullshit and forget it. A real guru will give information freely, and not tout themselves as the only holder of truth. They will not pressure you to buy their book, or claim that they are the chosen one and you must learn from them. It's not hard to distinguish the "reals" who are there to help people, from the "fakes", who are just in it for the money... use your good judgement.

Science is truth we have assigned meaning to things. In the face of new information, science theories change to adapt. Sometimes they are destroyed completely..sometimes they are proven correct. Science is not absolute... but it is a start to understanding our universe and the life we live. The key lies in proper balance of science and spirituality...wisdom through discrection and personal experience.

Offlinestart25
    #2042158 - 10/25/03 04:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know, but I would be curious if any others have any experiences/tales to share that led them to believe in the ascension.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2042215 - 10/25/03 04:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism, how exactly do you disprove something that hasn't been proven.

Its disproven already, until proven.... Burden of proof, remember?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Ascension [Re: Strumpling]
    #2042241 - 10/25/03 05:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If it's not disproven, or proven, it's unknown. It's not disproven by DEFAULT.

How can you disprove something that is unknown? I didn't make the claim that the photon belt could not exist. Prove it.  :tongue:

Burden of proof is an illusion. It's not my job to prove the unknown, because I don't care about that..science does. I don't care if it's "proven" or "disproven". If it were so objective, you would think science would take this stance too...but noooooo. Guilty until proven innocent huh?
Burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. In this case.. a scientist claiming that the photon band does not exist. How is this disproving something? Because he's a scientist? Or because his instruments did not measure what he thought they should?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2042299 - 10/25/03 05:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ok my thoughts are jumbled and that might not have made sense, perhaps I can try and articulate.

Example:
"Aliens exist because I have talked with them"

"There is no physical evidence of aliens visiting this planet, so they don't exist"

Who does the burden of proof lie on? Just because there is no known evidence of the aliens, does not disprove that they exist. And just because someone claims to have communication with them, does not prove that they exist. Unless you have travelled to every nook and cranny of the universe, in every dimension and black hole, and explored every possible form of life, then you don't have positive proof of non-existance.

To further embellish my point, as Sclorch pointed out in that thread- IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE THAT SOMETHING DOESN'T EXIST (OR DIDN'T HAPPEN)

So how does the scientist prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Photon Band does not exist, or that aliens do not?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology