Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Loc: California
Fasting Question
    #2037039 - 10/23/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I plan not to eat breakfast or lunch tomorrow and to dose about 4 grams of dried golden caps at around 5pm (16 hours or so of fasting, not eating after tonights dinner) because I heard fasting is always a good potentiator for a trip, but I was wondering if I were to eat around 5-10 mins after I eat the 4 grams of shrooms if it will affect the fasting at all? I know im gonna be hungry as fuck so im gonna crave food right after I eat the shrooms (especially to get the taste out of my mouth), but I want to know if eating before the come-up will affect it at all..

thanx

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Re: Fasting Question [Re: doop]
    #2038029 - 10/23/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

BUMPPP

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2038077 - 10/23/03 09:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Don't eat after the shrooms, when they kick in you won't be hungry. Have some nice pulpy fruit juice.

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Re: Fasting Question [Re: zeta]
    #2038218 - 10/23/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What about low blood sugar and the risk of puking? I've never had shrooms on an empty stomach.. I usually fast for about 4 hours and it does me well, but I really want to get the most out of the shrooms this time but Ive heard horror stories about people who ate the shrooms on low blood sugar (due to the fasting) and/or puked because of the empty stomach.. Will a lot of OJ help? Any recomendations?

--------------------
LSD Fiend

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
    #2038617 - 10/24/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Um. I always fast a long time before shrooming. (Sixteen hours is not a long time.) What is the point in fasting before you eat the shrooms if you're going to fill your stomach with food before the psilocybin/psilocin has a chance to be absorbed from the shrooms (5-10 minutes after dosing)? Fast or don't fast. Personally, I say you should fast; the mushrooms are a holy sacrament, so treat them as such and cleanse your body before dosing.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineEnCHaNTeDHoBBiT
Drug Connoisseur

Loc: Crawling on The Forest Fl...
Re: Fasting Question [Re: TheEggman]
    #2038840 - 10/24/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

From my experience, fasting does help somewhat to increase longevity and intensity of a trip. Although my best trips have come from drinking a high protein, high vitamin content drink/shake. If you do this you will feel much better I assure you. I always feel more energized and have very intense trips after doing this. It's best to drink a couple in the morning get your fill, then fast on juices with vitamins like Sunny D. Sunny D has vitamin C and B1 for energy, it could help out alot. Some enjoy going into a trip after total fasting 18-24 hours but it's not absolutely necessary. Total fasts are more discomfort than they are worth in my opinion. A couple filling protein/vitamin shakes will do you good a few hours prior to the trip. Sunny D the rest of the day then a good Vitamin C supplement if you have one while tripping would also be beneficial.

--------------------
"Statements above are absolutely fictional fragments of delusional, reoccuring Dreams."

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2039401 - 10/24/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

judt don't eat all day, then take the shrooms..

If you're concerned with nausea, try taking them in TEA form.

Regardless, hey if you feel the need to puke, hold them down for at least 1/2 hour and then GO PUKE - don't keep your body from doing what it wants to do :wink:

Vomiting isn't a terrible experience if it makes you feel better..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2039672 - 10/24/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Three hours of no foods generally work for me. If i "fast" longer I get plainly sick because I tend to low bloodsugar.

You know what works well? 1 or 2 cans of sevenup or sprite (WITH sugar) You can take sips of it during the "fast" and will not be hungry. 1/4 can will last you 1/2-1 hour. It has the right acids and flavor for gobbling too. But the real value lies in drinking it IN the trip. You can theoretically eat 1 1/2 hours into it, but if the dose is up there you won't be able to. Sweet fluids (juices are excellent after the 1 1/2 hourpoint) will keep you from in-trip hunger which sucks and can lead to bad trips if you can't figure out that its hunger eating you.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2039925 - 10/24/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've never found any need to fast with shrooms. Maybe with cacti or ayahuasca, but for shrooms feeling hungry is just a distraction to concentrating on the trip.

Eating a good meal 3-4 hours beforehand is fine.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Fasting Question [Re: Xlea321]
    #2040362 - 10/24/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It's the same concept for any drug. Sleeping pills, Asprin, Paracetomal, Shrooms. If you're stomach is empty and remains empty (from external foods irrelavant to the drug), the active ingredients will be absorbed considerably quicker and the effects last alot longer.

I think David Blaine could use some shrooms right now. Imagine the high off 5 grams dried cyans, after 44 days fasting. Pheew.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Fasting Question [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2041229 - 10/24/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah it's certainly going to hit you faster but I just find it difficult to get into a trip when my stomach is rumbling with hunger. I prefer having some food and feeling comfortable.

The mayans would always eat their mushrooms with drinking chocolate.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Fasting Question [Re: Xlea321]
    #2041276 - 10/25/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Or one could consider a 50 gram dose of fresh mushrooms as a meal. I know I do, it feels me up quite adequetly and well the rest is history....

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Re: Fasting Question [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2041905 - 10/25/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok, to sum it up last night was my first Level 5 trip.. Last night was the most powerful and moving experience of my life. I truly felt I reached enlightenment last night.. IT WAS CRAZY!!

These shrooms are so strong! My friend who only ate 1.5 g's on a full stomach was having a bad trip cuz he thought his foot broke off and like "snapped" he was assured that he only had half a foot for the duration of half his trip! My other friend who ate 2 g's thought he was a snake and that his cell phone was trying to eat him alive.. LOLOL.. and they were all actually crying.. Yep.. 4 g's of dried golden caps was the best thing my body has ever had put in it :laugh:

--------------------
LSD Fiend

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
    #2041963 - 10/25/03 01:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, because stems must be a waste right?
[/sarcasm]

yuk.. . caps are nasty, stems all the way!

I can barely remember parts of my 5 g dose...except flashbulb memory.

Good luck on stayin enlightened as well, cause the feeling fades.

--------------------
AH HA....

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Re: Fasting Question [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #2041969 - 10/25/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeh i ate 4 caps and about 10 stems each a good 4-8 inches long.. It was fucking hard as fuck to get them all dowm, but I was stoned at the time so it helped since I was fasting all day and wanted to eat anything.. lol

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #2042932 - 10/25/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fast for 2 days man, 2 days. 24 hours minimum..

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Fasting Question [Re: reflectedlight]
    #2042971 - 10/25/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fasting is a good thing to do, later after four hours or more into your trip you will find a bite or two can be real tasty.

mj

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Fasting Question [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #2044298 - 10/26/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DrubuShrume said:
Good luck on stayin enlightened as well, cause the feeling fades.

Fades--yes. Disappears--never.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Fasting Question [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2044341 - 10/26/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

DrubuShrume, a bit of useless information for you (useful/useless, depending on what way you look on it)

You can become enlightened and stay enlightened for eternity without the use of shrooms. Energy work, kundalini etc. People have almost died raising their Kundalini, which forces its way up from the base of your spine through every chakra till it reaches the crown of your head pushing all internal organs aside as it does. Resulting in permanent enlightenment with future occasional raising sessions, but that's a different story.......

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate