Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Spontaneous & Innovative Music
    #2039090 - 10/24/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you're tired of hearing a lot of the same music on the radio and want to sample some off-beat (yet so on) jams, then you better check out kcrw 88.9 fm if you're in the Los Angeles area - the rest of you can listen to their shows through webcast here.

The station mixes up syndicated NPR programs during the day with some often quite nice drum and bass, psychedelic rock, reggae, hip-hop, etc tracks at night... you know, the shit with that smooth beat and a nice slide =]   

I'd recommend listening between the hours of 10p-3a (-8 GMT; Pacific) for some excellent tripping music.  Hell, it's good sober.  They don't always hit their mark - but if you give them a chance I'm confident most will hear something they really enjoy :cool:

.. I just finished rippin' half of their Chocolate City show tonight along with the complete 3 hours of sets for Let's Get Lost which is wrapin' up as I type.  Real dank music, very suitable for the psychedelic experience :spliff:

Does anyone else know of streaming audio (radio stations or otherwise) which dispense tastefully mellow lineups?  Preferably commercial free (or very minimal), as commercials would bum me out :grin:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Spontaneous & Innovative Music [Re: geokills]
    #2039450 - 10/24/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I gotta say that there is a similar NPR station in the Kansas City/Lawrence/Topeka KS area. Same frequency, very similar rotation, especially on Friday nights from 10pm on.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Spontaneous & Innovative Music [Re: billy cuts]
    #2040968 - 10/24/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This one cranks out some nifty tracks most every night from 10-3.  If anyone really does want to chance a session on one of their programs, you may want to check out Metropolis as they play some very nice beats as well :thumbup:

Public access and community service stations rule!  I'm serious when I say that I think most people would find some of the sounds on kcrw pleasing to their ear.  If anyone is interested in some samples ripped from their webcast, get in touch.

Edit: Actually, they usually have some sweet sounds on from as early as 7pm.  They broadcasted the opening three nights (third performance tomorrow evening) for the new LA Philharmonic Disney Hall in downtown.. I wasn't so impressed with that performance but I'm diggin' these stevie ray tracks they're jammin' with the dub right now on Chocolate City :grin:  They even busted out the two finale tracks from DSOM the other night on Lets Get Lost  :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Edited by geokills (10/25/03 12:05 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Kratom Powder for Sale