Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekob
Stranger
how badly does it affect your heart?
    #2033733 - 10/22/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i have read many posts about heart problems while stoned, but none have really answered my question.

the times that i got realy high off weed, all of the sudden my heart was racing and my vision was slightly fading to black, my heart was beating so fast that it was stinging and i felt like throwing up,i seriously thought i would need to go to the hospital.it happened suddenly out of nowhere. i have been smoking for awhile and its only happened to me 3 or 4 times when i was extremely high and when i hadnt eaten anything for a while before i smoked.

i wanna shroom but i dont know how it will affect my heart.like i said its only happened around 4 times and only lasted a few minutes. has this happened to anyone, and can anyone give me some advice. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: kob]
    #2033771 - 10/22/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This kind of thing happened to me. When I first started to smoke, one night it felt like my heart was about to explode. I was so scared that night I didn't know what the hell to do. But I read some post awhile which said it is normal for this to happen to some people. I don't know if its true. But it don't matter to me anymore I don't smoke pot anymore. I prefer the mushies more.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: Osker246]
    #2033907 - 10/22/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I love weed. I mean i really love weed to the point where i cant live with out it. Its like a friend who you can always talk too.

Well anyway. If pot does that too you dont get so high. Its not the pot doing that its the racing thoughts. Its making you anxious. I suggest you stop take deep breathes and count yourself breathe.

Or you could just take a xanax or whatever... ahhaha

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2033930 - 10/22/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:Its not the pot doing that its the racing thoughts. Its making you anxious.

I don't see how racing thoughts can cause heart problems...

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2033954 - 10/22/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

its called tachy-something or other. I get it, its nothing to worry about.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2033988 - 10/22/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

tachycardia

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: zeta]
    #2034120 - 10/22/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have had 'mini' heart problems on weed, to the point that I've 'quit', more sort of related to anxiety and thinking my heart would stop to thinking it has stopped when it hasn't, but in all my experience I've never had any sensations like this on mushrooms. just don't get anxious really. I dunno though, that's me, and I think I may be talking about something different from you.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: kob]
    #2035026 - 10/23/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Grass.. I used to love it!

I smoked like 1/2-1 1/2 grams of goood dutch a day, every day, from '90 thru '02, five yum yum kilos of peace and understanding, well worth the $ 25.000 the entire habit has set me back.

I used to walk around with a heartbeat of 90-120 a minute, and a little higher in the first half-hour or so after toking up. I used to get this unpleasant sensation in my chest often when I smoked. Not too strong, not too pleasant. Every now and then it was quite unpleasant. A handful of times it was downright alarming.

On 27 December 2002 was rushed to the ICU with a heart attack (infarction) Long story short I'm now on pharms, the white-capped nitro spray bottle sits to my left on the computertable and one is present in every room of my house, including the head.

It turned out I have this freak pre-existing condition of the coronary arteries that includes malformation and, way more important for this story: my (clean) coronary arteries tend to spasm. When this happens bloodflow to the heart is restricted. A warning sign of serious bloodflow restriction is a condition called Angina Pectoris. If it constricts to the point of heart muscle dying you've got a heart infarction.

I discovered that the unpleasant to downright alarming feelings in my chest had been attacks of Angina Pectoris, the preludes to a heart attack brought on by Our Precious. I whipped out Meyler's S.O.D and indeed it said that the cardiac effects are detrimental to people with a pre-existing (undiagnosed or known) condition of the heart or coronary arteries. Guess what? Cannabis is on the list of known inducers of Angina Pectoris.

Ofcourse I quit my grass right then and there. Within weeks my resting heartrate of 90-120 was down to 60-80 and AP became a rarity.
It was fun while it lasted, oboy, grass was such clean fun and made a lot of otherwise shitty days interesting. (my life repeatedly sucked back then) I would've loved to have continued.

But I don't really miss that herb. Its like this nice cafe I've been hanging out but which has closed. Nice memories, but that time has passed and a new road lies ahead.

I'm a nonsmoker now. My memory has cleared up substantially. I no longer cough. The ticker thrives. The buck$ pour in at a higher rate.
Grass.. Sweet, sweet memory. I regret none of it. For anyone of sound health who wants a *strong* drug featuring tranquility, euphoria and daydreaming I recommend cannabis tea as the prime, # 1 drug, because basically "the weed is all you need". But harmless? No. Not harmless.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: Asante]
    #2035497 - 10/23/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Pot and drugs do not cause heart problems but many youthful pot smokers get real paranoid.

In cambodia this summer i rolled a large Rizzla joint and smoked it with two brits.

One wanted a soda so we walked tot he George Bush gas staion-market in Xiem Riap, Cambodia by Angkor Wat. We weren't in the stor e for more than three minutes when one of the two suddently said , "I have to get out of here. It is really weirding me out."

I c racked up becasue there was no one in the store except us trhree and two people at the counter. He became really paranoid in all of the bright store lights at night and when we walked back to the hotel all of the cambodian staff, according to him, were looking at him and watching him. They weren't really, they were just being theirselves. I remember in the haight when i first smoke masive pot every day and sometimes we all saw the narcs coming for us. You know the ones that aren't really there but we see them.

Like speed freakw see narcs all of the time. Well pot does that to people. makes your pulse and heart beat real fast ane you think you are losing it. And you get paranoid.

Anyway I would not worry about it. Just slow your pot intake down,

Thai weed is creeper pot, most pot from asia is like that. You smoke a few tokes, do not think anything is happening and then you takle a few more tokes and book it hits you real fdast and you start to wish you had stopped three tokes back. KLike drinking too much alcohol.. You have two or three beers, do not feel anything and htren have three or four more. By then the firt two to three beers are beginning to hit you and then that is the time to stop.

When you begin to feel the effects, thats the time to relax and enjoy it. No need for more. It just takes time tolearn where your threshold is for tolerance.

mj

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2039176 - 10/24/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How old are you Wiccan Seeker?
And how the fuck did you get 5 kilos of weed for $25??
Or is that supposed to say $25,000...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2039237 - 10/24/03 05:45 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Kilos of Mexican can be purchased by friends in San Diego for $100.00 to $125 to $ 150 if you know trhe right people. Alot of people buy them there for that price and then bering the pot to San Fran, Portland and Seattle and tell people that is is Colombian and want $200 to $300 an ounce for it. I detest those kind of dealers and c oming out of Haight-Ashbury where kilos of Mexican (g0ood Mexican) were ony $5-$60 dollars and ounces were Ten dollars each, I find it hard to call anyone my friend whjo wants more than fifty dollars and ounce for any koind of pot. To me it is not wortht he price and I prefer Mexican pot's slow come on to it and also the fact that there is less tolerance to lower grade weed meaning every time you smoke a half a joint and get loaded you will. S gfor high grade bud, the first week you smoke two to three puffs and within a week orr more it becomes a whole joint and after a few months you can do two joints. I always get off heavily on a half of joint. In thailand make that a quarter of a joint, and I got high twice on Ganja Pizza in Cambodia since allthe European and cambodian owned pizza restaurants now all offer the tourit Ganja Pizza.
have a shroomy day.

mj

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2039631 - 10/24/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

heheheh $ 25 dollars for 5kg.. If only!

I'm 30. What I've got is unrelated to age. Anyone of any age can have a heart attack if stuff goes wrong.

I'm living proof that the new generation is far more efficient then the old. What took my granny 90 years I managed to do in 30  :sad:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

#2040333 - 10/24/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Skunk Haze:

Genetics: Skunk No. 1 x Original Haze
Variety: Mostly sativa (87.5%)
Type: F1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: November (Temperate regions)
Flowering Period: 11 weeks
THC Content: 20%-22%
Characteristics: Excellent high and taste

Fancy a puff? (blows big smoke rings....)

mj, "I find it hard to call anyone my friend whjo wants more than fifty dollars and ounce for any koind of pot." I totally agree.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: how badly does it affect your heart? [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2044608 - 10/26/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You cant pre-guess what shrooms will do based on what pot does. I know alot of people try to do this but it doesn't work. If the heart thing is once in a blue moon forget about and try shrooms. I doubt you have anything to worry about, just take it easy to be safe.

:heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract