Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebobmarley4prez
Male User Gallery
Loc: southwest
I burnt the grains, need info/help.
    #2040255 - 10/24/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hi, this is my first time growing, we (me and my roommate) chose to do 12 cakes, and 12 grain jars. (GRAIN) we did 6 WBS and 6 whole feed corn. due the lack of pressure cooker we boiled the jars of grain for 45 min on 3 consecuative days. on the final boil one pot ran out of water (oops) and a small (1 grain thick) layer burnt. can we still inoculate them or are they trash? In the corn jar the burnt section extends 1/2 grain and the WBS it extends up 1 grain of millet.

Thanks -DIRTY

--------------------
Anything above this line is a lie. i do not cultivate psychadelic mushrooms nore do I intend to.

One day I encountered a bufo toad. Since that day I have been instilled with the power of the devil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVertigo
Mycovoire
Loc: Panhandle
Re: I burnt the grains, need info/help. [Re: bobmarley4prez]
    #2040265 - 10/24/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would go for it. Godd luck on your 1st time! :grin:

--------------------
"One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter."

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: I burnt the grains, need info/help. [Re: Vertigo]
    #2040809 - 10/24/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

supposedly it will still grow so, considering your situation you be the judge. If you are working with a limited supply of spores, and the price of spores from vendors is higher than the price of some new WBS, you should probably start over. If the spores aren't the issue, than you should toss it and start over. Usually if only a few grains are burnt you should still be ok. Don't know much about grain without a pc though.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: I burnt the grains, need info/help. [Re: thisone]
    #2040836 - 10/24/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If the burnt grains are uncolonizable then then mycelium won't colonize it. No biggie!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag