Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
World Peace.... Possible???
    #2038350 - 10/23/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I want to know what you guys think of the concept of world peace. Many say it's against nature and cannot be achived. Many say that's god's plan after he wipes out evil, and that it will come with the heaven in the new Earth. Many struggle for it and fight wars and die in the name of it. Many never heard of the concept and die in gang wars in the streets. But what if somehow we figured out the reason for our existance? Not only our existance as a human race, but our existance as matter or conciousness? If we were ALL educated without the influence of the religion currently running the country? If we took these well educated and give them equal opportuty to advance financialy and and to persue happiness? If we raised a generation without any fear tactics. Without making Marijuana use seem like a drug abuse and make it look like a spiritual key given to us by our planet. If instead of raising our generations to fight our wars and spend ll of our money on weapons, why not spend our money on making kids more aware of other cultures and not expose them to any stereotypes? BUILD SCHOOLS that actually TEACH on poor neighboorhoods. Not schools where student buy guns and sell drugs to their techers to get busted later in life for 20 years while inside traders robbing millions get 7-10 years. What if a generation where we tought love and unity and every goverment in the world did the same and learn more about life and space together instead of competing to land in a piece of dust flying around us? Or is it hopeless to try? will humans twist the subject around and just brainwash kids and "get rid" of the ones that fail. Will they build an kinda garbage place in our moon where all these minorities in the world now work in factories and dead beat jobs without being aware of life on Earth? WHile people on Earth have no idea and are raised brainwashed not to question? Will the attemopt at world peace end our existance in a horrible nuclear war??? Will we continue to miseducate about drugs so people keep dying out of ignorence on how they should be used? Will we containue to ban drugs and blame them in the murders of many in drug traficing when the reason why those people die is because the stuff is illegal in the first place? Could we change the thinking of humans? Will intelectaly advance aliens land on our planet and teach us true peace or will they land and bring war?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: Spokesman]
    #2038374 - 10/23/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Untill humanity has a common non-earth threat, there will not be world peace. But then wouldn't that be the same thing on a bigger scale? In 50,000 years it will be "can we have galactic peace?" I suggest making peace with reality.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2038417 - 10/23/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

But if humanity ALL new the 'truth' about their existance then all diffrences in religions is futile. Ending those wars. If it was reveaveld and tought to everyone then Will opinions in diffrent goverments will be diffrent? Or what if we take this 'ultimate truth' live peacefully for a couple centuries and then our decendants will start building diffrent interpritations of it, creating seperation in opinions again?.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2038446 - 10/23/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Are you saying that you know the truth?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2038453 - 10/23/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Possible? No. Worth working for? Yes.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2038459 - 10/23/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I think it's possible.

I think one thing that could make it a reality is a cheap, clean, abundant energy source. In the end, everything comes down to energy and who has it. If everyone had as much energy as they needed there would be no need for war. I think :smirk:

I also think that hatred is learned, not instinctual. If we could take a bunch of newborns aside and give them proper education without bias or hatred, I think they would be completely without hate.

Is it futile to try for world peace? Hell no!

I know it feels like it sometimes. There are days where I have my doubts, too. However I think Peace is a cause worth falling for. I don't think it's a cause worth killing for, though, and I seriously doubt that any movement using force could ever attain or maintain world peace. Peace is not "won" through war, only victory is won.

Peace comes through the act of making Peace.

I doubt any of us will see world peace in our lives, barring some catastrophic change in the world, but we may see the beginnings of it if we are lucky. We will definitely see the beginnings of it if we work hard enough. 

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: trendal]
    #2038494 - 10/23/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It is energy but that isn't all. You could have all the energy but without a way to convert it to something usefull (food) it might as well be sand. If energy was eqaully distributed but you lived in a barren desert and I lived in a fertile valley with water, you would want my land. It might be more correct to say it is all about resources (food, water, land).

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2038632 - 10/24/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

With adequate energy supply there is no problem with food production. Or with anything else.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2038664 - 10/24/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What if I own all the equipment to make food. What if I am the only one with the information and knowledge to turn the energy to food? What if I have all the fertile land? Unless you can live directly from pure energy and nothing else you will need to consider more than just energy.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2038808 - 10/24/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Education is one of the most powerful tools in the world...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2038822 - 10/24/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think the only way World Peace could be achieved, is if communication became open and harmonious between all nations, the borders were dissolved, all citizens of Earth became citizens of Earth, and not seperated by the illusion of some imaginary line..and everyone accepted that diversity is the beat of life.. and we embrace all of life and humanity..
That is the essence of world peace. But many changes must be in place for such things to happen. Something that would help is if everyone spoke the same language, and we all respected each other as sovereign beings. Love and acceptance is the key.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2038848 - 10/24/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Trust is the key and open communitations facilitate that end.

--------------------

OfflineFtMnsWeedisDank
Fort MountainHas Danky Dank
    #2038913 - 10/24/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, In word one: No.

Basically, when it all comes down to it we're just animals. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing mystical about it. And that's just how animals behave; selfish.

Even if we took a bunch of babies, put them on an island and taught them nothing but peace, love, sharing and fair play, somewhere along the line something will go wrong. Perhaps it could be set off by small forms of favortism, or simply by how different they truly are from each other.

World peace would be fabuous, but not many of us would give up anything in our life to achieve it. Talk is one thing, giving your money to other people is another story.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: FtMnsWeedisDank]
    #2038919 - 10/24/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ahh, clicks. good call.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2039324 - 10/24/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, you own all the equipment to make food.

I'd make my own, if I had the energy.

You have all the fertile land.

I'd build hydroponics farms wherever I could, if I had the energy.

With enough energy anything is possible.

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2039434 - 10/24/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

trendal has a point right now what determines how much money and power a country has is its access to resources. If every country had the same easy access to energy, like a Global Energy source governed by a global association instead of seperate goverments, then all goverments who be equally prosperous. We could work towards technology together. Technology that would make anywhere you are, a city, the country, the desert, a desireable place for the people who live there. And if cultural awareness can be tought without seperation and stereotypes, without remorse towards past wars and alliances, ontop of a global inexpensive energy source, then would world peace be so far fetched. Violence is part of our animal instinct, but hasnt evolution proven to us that certain animal instincts wont stick with us forever???

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2042640 - 10/25/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

or maybe they will.

--------------------

InvisibleSynaesthesia
life:everybody'sfavorite STD
    #2042837 - 10/25/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i read this book, a sequel to the time machine by stephen baxter

these aliens made a sphere encircling the sun. People lived on the inside of this sphere. it was like the size of a million earths.

and people still had wars.

i think that even if we had infinite space, food, and energy, there would still be wars.

its one of our basest human instincts, right down there with the urge to reproduce and the urge to alter our consciousness.

--------------------
I met Goatse once. He's a really nice guy in person. Down-to-earth, not stuck up at all. Doesn't let the fame of it all go to his head. I shook his hand, got an autograph, we talked for a minute, and that was that. Nice fella.

Anonymous

Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: Synaesthesia]
    #2046057 - 10/26/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

world peace can not be obtain with our low state of awareness.

world peace will be obtained once 100% humans are aware of themselves.  this change can be prayer, enlightment throught mediation, or drugs.  I a good one is acid and perhaps mescaline. I believe with thoughes as our tools world peace can be achieved.

also I don't really know if I want world peace or not. :smirk:

the only thing that shows us as a communist(the good kind) world peace is star trek.  the fleet is a world peace nation. I don't know if I am ready for that... my mind may not be able to adapt so quickly.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: World Peace.... Possible??? [Re: ]
    #2046831 - 10/27/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

All we must do is take the focus off ourselves and understand why it is important to put it on others indiscriminately.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale