Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: Dispelling Light Myths - Opaque Fruiting Chambers *DELETED* [Re: MikeBearPig]
    #20386880 - 08/07/14 07:52 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBurberrySpores
72 zones
 User Gallery

Re: Dispelling Light Myths - Opaque Fruiting Chambers [Re: Sanguin3]
    #20386948 - 08/07/14 08:23 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
Quote:

MikeBearPig said:
I have kids though so I have to live bi-curiously through you.

I think you mean vicariously, but I suppose bi-curiosly works too...

:bender:

--------------------
I could go crazy... and no one would notice :seeya:

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

Re: Dispelling Light Myths - Opaque Fruiting Chambers [Re: BurberrySpores]
    #20386974 - 08/07/14 08:37 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

such late, but i refuse to edit it now.

OfflineTwi
Stranger

Re: Opaque Fruiting Chambers AKA I grew some cubes in a bucket under terrible conditions! [Re: Lord_Link]
    #20387246 - 08/07/14 10:03 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not even going to read through this thread for the comments, sorry if I'm repeating somebody but......

OP, welcome to the shroomery! We're a mycology based hobbyist forum, dedicated to the study of fungi.

That said, we're a mycology community, which means we are practicing a science. I know that something like an experiment is foreign to you, but in science, in order to prove anything you must do many, many rigid experiments that are often repeated by the community and many people verify the truth together.

While your experiment does prove that consistent conditions are not necessary, it says nothing more than that. Usually, a scientist would run multiple controls, and change only 1 variable at a time. They do many runs through, in order to verify they are correct, and once confident nobody can poke a hole in their work, they then present it to the community as findings, NOTHING MORE!!! The community is to repeat experiments, and verify truth. This is how people have done science for hundreds of years, and why the system is so effective. 

I know you want to come in and make ground breaking changes to the community, but lets take a little time in order to learn the basics, before we try and make what could be a ground breaking post in the forum and field!We practice many of our techniques by following experienced mycologists, scientists and engineers on this website, many of whom have huge reputations in this community.

Not to say you're telling them you're wrong, but you are arguing with people who have practiced this profession/hobby for many years, some of whom make a living doing so.

Use these people as mentors, learn! No doubt doing this experiment did not help you learn, but by growing one monotub that was less than ideal and then coming on here and telling us we have some of the core basics of mycology wrong is mildly insulting. Theres posters with nearly a million posts on the website. That's a lot to read, practice, learn and make your own!

Happy studies!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order