Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
DROZ's one liners...
    #2037113 - 10/23/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i just see them as clutter. they hold little or no value, i don't like them. anybody else? how about a poll?

Droz's One-Liners
Valuable
Not Valuable

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: TODAY]
    #2037134 - 10/23/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I would not think to call someone else's thoughts "not valuable". Even if I disagree with someone else's ideas, I can still learn something from them.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2037145 - 10/23/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sure, you can see them as one liner's... Or you can use those words and define them yourself. You obviously don't want someone to tell you what reality is... Nor does anyone else.

Be me, Be you, Be what you want to be...

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (10/23/03 05:35 PM)

Anonymous

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2037152 - 10/23/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i agree, they do hold little to no value. a one line statement used to inspire thought is one thing, these are simply useless and inspire no thought.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: ]
    #2037172 - 10/23/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

We are not born with all these words we speak now in mind, we learned them. You should know what a dialect is... What you think I'm trying to say, could or could not be what I'm trying to say. Why do you think people argue? Should i be more specific? Will that help you understand the complexities of my nature? Or would you begin to see that the complexities of my thought processes do not match yours? When you reach that point.. If you do.. Where we will be then?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Anonymous

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: Droz]
    #2037231 - 10/23/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

whether what i think you're trying to say is or isnt what you're actually trying to say doesnt matter, it creates discussion and since when is discussion a bad thing? it seems to me like you're simply too lazy to explain yourself. i understand that sometimes its hard to convey an idea or feeling through language, but you could at least try. i know what a dialect is and speaking in single phrases or sentences is not a dialect, its just open to more interpretation. the complexities of your thought process may not match mine, but that doesnt mean i wont be able to understand what you're saying.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2037253 - 10/23/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

one liners are alright, if they fit the subject of discussion. if droz is trying to start a discussion with a one liner so be it. it's his/her free will to say them after all. now if it doesn't pertain to the subject at hand then it could be moot.

as for explaining the quote at hand, I think this is sometimes necessary so that we can see how complex your nature truley is. let yourself shine buddy. besides, people might be able to get a whole lot more out of what you are saying if you can explain it, and you may even figure out something as well!!!! after all, there isn't a baseline as far as how deep a quote can go. that's the point of discussion, don't just say it, add onto it so that we can also travel as deep as you, and we may even help you out to go further. this is the essence of discussions IMHO

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2037269 - 10/23/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think we're all guilty of using one-liners once in awhile.

:tongue2: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2037313 - 10/23/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
one liners are alright, if they fit the subject of discussion. if droz is trying to start a discussion with a one liner so be it. it's his/her free will to say them after all. now if it doesn't pertain to the subject at hand then it could be moot.

as for explaining the quote at hand, I think this is sometimes necessary so that we can see how complex your nature truley is. let yourself shine buddy. besides, people might be able to get a whole lot more out of what you are saying if you can explain it, and you may even figure out something as well!!!! after all, there isn't a baseline as far as how deep a quote can go. that's the point of discussion, don't just say it, add onto it so that we can also travel as deep as you, and we may even help you out to go further. this is the essence of discussions IMHO

what ive been trying to say. i see nothing wrong with a pertainant one liner that inspires thought. droz takes it to a new level though, and i find it to be useless.

Quote:

Zahid
I think we're all guilty of using one-liners once in awhile

i agree, once in a while

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2037339 - 10/23/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"what ive been trying to say. i see nothing wrong with a pertainant one liner that inspires thought. droz takes it to a new level though, and i find it to be useless."

could you give me an example? I went back and read his posts and they don't seem usless at all.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2037350 - 10/23/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think its useless to make a new thread every time. put them all in one post.!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: buckwheat]
    #2037368 - 10/23/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

most of them seem to have their own unique perspective and subject.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: buckwheat]
    #2037398 - 10/23/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mindcandy said:
i think its useless to make a new thread every time. put them all in one post.! 

:thumbup: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2037449 - 10/23/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i just find it irritating when he makes a post like "12 planets around the sun" in response to someone wondering what the origins of 13 being unlucky are. i wasnt trying to say that all his posts are useless, just that many are unexplained when an explanation seems necessary and therefore useless. another useless one: "Phluck angry. Hear phluck GRRRR. Smile Phluck."

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #2037547 - 10/23/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I like Droz and his style. Maybe I can just understand his way of describing things easier. It reminds me of how Native Americans talked back when they were still one race and culture. Their spirit lives on though, in the genes of millions of people, and in the culture they make up.

I like the majority of his posts, they make me think about a variety of topics.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#2037552 - 10/23/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

To sum it up, read my sig.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2037596 - 10/23/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think this is unfair of you to make this claim..

Almost any thought can trigger more thinking by others - He certainly isn't one of the OTD fuckers who would come on here and post "HEHEHE I JUST FARTED HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEE POOT!!!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: Strumpling]
    #2037648 - 10/23/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:grin: 

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: Adamist]
    #2037819 - 10/23/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think Droz should think about combining his posts into fewer main posts, so the forum doesnt get spammed up with a ton of different posts that are all short and vague. Other than that, post on man! Its a free internet, after all.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: DROZ's one liners... [Re: chunder]
    #2037829 - 10/23/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Person to person conversations do not begin with essays. They begin with few words and lead into complex universes.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order