Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Overlay, help
    #2036971 - 10/23/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

So my snake has this BRF cake that has been in his chamber for about 10 days. He dunked, rolled, and cold shocked it before it went in. It is now completely covered in thick mycelium. He has it sitting on the lid of the jar so that he could get a good thick casing layer underneath it. It has grown so much that some of the myc is starting to grow over the edge of the lid. It has some massive knots as well. Almost looks like pins trying to push through. He has 6 other cakes in there that he put in between 2 and 5 days later. All but two of them have pinned. None of them were pinning until he started cycling his ultrasonic humidifier yesterday (30 min. on, 1 hr. off). They get plenty of light everyday but the temp fluctuats between 70 and 83 from night to day (it's been unseasonably warm here, shouldn't be a so much of a problem next week when it cools down). Is there anyway to get this cake that he believes has overlay to pin. He read about deep scratching and would like to avoid this. This is his first grow so anyhelp would be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Head Banana

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: Overlay, help [Re: ]
    #2036991 - 10/23/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I don't think its overlay, I think that you're humidity may be too high.

Cut back on your humidity. If you see beads of water dripping down the walls of your grow chamber you're fine.

You dunked, rolled, and cold shocked.... wow.

Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Re: Overlay, help [Re: Lana]
    #2037023 - 10/23/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

He thinks it might be overlay because all of the cakes are identical except this one has been in there for 3 or 4 days longer than the rest with the humifier running 24/7. Now that he has it cycling things are looking up for the other cakes (tons and tons of pins). None of the other cakes have this thick (and I mean thick) layer of myc over the casing applied after dunking. If I ever find my digital camera I'll take a picture for him.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation