Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
If Americans Knew...
    #2036828 - 10/23/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

This is a site dedicated to exposing the bias that in the US media towards Israel. They use cold, hard facts that shows how the media distorts what is really happenening in the Israel - Palestine conflict. Please, visit this site and look at the facts.

After a debate at UC Berkeley the owners of this site received death threats from Israeli activists, demanding that they shut down this site. Here is what that person said:

Quote:

?Hi. I heard your speech today in UC Berkeley; the debate. And I?m telling you this right now. On Monday, at 2 p.m., you better not be in your office. Because me and my buddies, who were trained in the Israeli Army, will come and kill every single one of you sons-of-bitches for what you are doing to destroy Israel. So watch out, this is not a joke. On Monday you better watch out. Don?t come to work. And close your organization or you?re going to die,?

Here are some statistics taken from this site, if you want to learn more about each statistic, I suggest you click on the site.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: If Americans Knew... [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2036858 - 10/23/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you SM.

The pro-Israeli bias is everywhere. All you ever see is Palestinians being condemned since any critique of Israel is always deemed Anti-Semitic. You see the usual editorials on suicide bombers being circulated, but if someone compares bombing a Night club to launching missiles into a neighborhood of innocents - God forbid, they must be Jew-haters. Islamophobia is the "new Anti-Semitism", and jackasses like Boykin prove this.

Good post.  :thumbup: 

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: If Americans Knew... [Re: SquattingMarmot]
    #2036869 - 10/23/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I may as well post this here as I'm not sure if it warrants it's own topic, and it's certainly on topic here:

Quote:

Cover - Up Alleged in Probe of USS Liberty

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 1:28 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A former Navy attorney who helped lead the military investigation of the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 American servicemen says former President Lyndon Johnson and his defense secretary, Robert McNamara, ordered that the inquiry conclude the incident was an accident.

In a signed affidavit released at a Capitol Hill news conference, retired Capt. Ward Boston said Johnson and McNamara told those heading the Navy's inquiry to ``conclude that the attack was a case of 'mistaken identity' despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.''

Boston was senior legal counsel to the Navy's original 1967 review of the attack. He said in the sworn statement that he stayed silent for years because he's a military man, and ``when orders come ... I follow them.''

He said he felt compelled to ``share the truth'' following the publication of a recent book, ``The Liberty Incident,'' which concluded the attack was unintentional.

The USS Liberty was an electronic intelligence-gathering ship that was cruising international waters off the Egyptian coast on June 8, 1967. Israeli planes and torpedo boats opened fire on the Liberty in the midst of what became known as the Israeli-Arab Six-Day War.

In addition to the 34 Americans killed, more than 170 were wounded.

Israel has long maintained that the attack was a case of mistaken identity, an explanation that the Johnson administration did not formally challenge. Israel claimed its forces thought the ship was an Egyptian vessel and apologized to the United States.

After the attack, a Navy court of inquiry concluded there was insufficient information to make a judgment about why Israel attacked the ship, stopping short of assigning blame or determining whether it was an accident.

It was ``one of the classic all-American cover-ups,'' said Ret. Adm. Thomas Moorer, a former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman who spent a year investigating the attack as part of an independent panel he formed with other former military officials. The panel also included a former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Akins.

``Why in the world would our government put Israel's interest ahead of our own?'' Moorer asked from his wheelchair at the news conference. He was chief of naval operations at the time of the attack.

Moorer, who has long held that the attack was a deliberate act, wants Congress to investigate.

Israeli Embassy spokesman Mark Regev disputed any notion that Israel knowingly went after American sailors.

``I can say unequivocally that the Liberty tragedy was a terrible accident, that the Israeli pilots involved believed they were attacking an enemy ship,'' Regev said. ``This was in the middle of a war. This is something that we are not proud of.''

Calls to the Navy seeking comment were not immediately returned.

David Lewis of Lemington, Vt., was on the Liberty when it was attacked. In an interview, he said Israel had to know it was targeting an American ship. He said a U.S. flag was flying that day and Israel shot it full of holes. The sailors on the ship, he said, quickly hoisted another American flag, a much bigger one, to show Israel it was a U.S. vessel.

``No trained individual could be that inept,'' said Lewis of the Israeli forces.

In Capt. Boston's statement, he does not say why Johnson would have ordered a cover-up. Later in a phone interview from his home in Coronado, Calif., Boston said Johnson may have worried the inquiry would hurt him politically with Jewish voters.

Moorer's panel suggested several possible reasons Israel might have wanted to attack a U.S. ship. Among them: Israel intended to sink the ship and blame Egypt because it might have brought the United States into the 1967 war.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: If Americans Knew... [Re: Edame]
    #2037757 - 10/23/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

what motivation would Israel have for attacking
us considering the fact that we had long been
a military ally of theirs in the region?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineSquattingMarmot
Inquiring Mind
Re: If Americans Knew... [Re: afoaf]
    #2038028 - 10/23/03 11:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You should research the Lavon Affair afoaf, it is a look at how the Mossad (Isreals intelligence agency) uses its motto "By deceit thou shalt do war".

Isreal has a habit of attacking its Allies covertly and blaming somebody else for it.

--------------------
"In the United States anybody can be president. Thats the problem."

"The gray-haired douche bag, Barbara Bush, has a slogan: "Encourage your child to read every day." What she should be is encouraging children to question what they read every day."

- George Carlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion