Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To
    #2029831 - 10/21/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Okay,
I know this might sound a little Hunky Dory and All that Jazz but I was in a slump not finding many shrooms but then on the other hand I really wasn't going out looking for them as I have been pretty busy with othyer things on my mind.

So today I walked for almost three hours looking under every bush and plant along the sidewalks of my travels. During this time I gave up three times and tried to catch a bus only each time i walked back formthe neighborhood I was treking though I would see the bus go by so I went back to looking while I waited for the next bus.

I had actualy given up for the day

Finally, after three hours od sore feet, I came upon these beautiful red shrooms here so please be patient while I post my adventure of the day.

These are the red Shrooms, I found them in a big mulched garden with mixed connifer bark and branches.

There are seven of these images I labeled as the Red Species.

Observe the two Psathyrella's next to this red beauty

Then about another twenty yards I came across the Brown Shrooms, Here in front of me now stood a small grouping of Psathyrella's in another muclched in garden bed. So I took a few shots of this one. Here is one of those images.

Then about ten yards from this Psathyrella, I saw a few trees in another muclch garden bed across the street from me and I noticed some rather white shrooms sticking up. They were about the size of my big toe. So I walked over to them from across the street and laid down on the ground facing them to take a picture. Nearby was a gardener raking the mulch beds at another mulch pile.

So I took this picture of the White Shrooms:

I actually took two photos but this was the only one which was not blurred of the two.

After taking this image of the white shrooms i glanced over towards my left side and here is what I saw:

A close up of the last image above:

WEll that was sure really strange. I had thought that I was not going to find any. Gave up that thought and then boom, I laid down on the ground to photograph the white shrooms and there they were to the left of me not more than 6 inches from my left shoulder.

Since the gardener was waiting for me to move I had decided to ask him to work around me while I picked a few for depostit at the herbarium.

To all Have a shroomy day and enjoy them.

I did stay a while and watched him rake the area. He mashed a lot of them as if they were poisonous. He asked me if they were edible and I told him no they were for research so he assumed they were poisonous. However, with some rain I am sure a few more will pop up since the mulch was pretty thich with mycellium. He really shreaded the mulch in the gardens where I was at in Sand Point. Then I finally saw the bus come and went to the University of Washington and then came home to post these images here for all of you.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2029880 - 10/21/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ahahaha

I'm almost positive that's what I left of the patch I posted pics of earlier today man!  I remember that bark and those white mushrooms, you can see them in my pics.

I guess putting the bark over the pins didn't work eh?

I was gonna let the rest grow, but oh well, at least you got some shroomies too :smile: .  I was hoping the damn gardeners wouldn't rake over there....

Too funny...  I'll pm you to see if I'm right :grin:...

DH

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: spores]
    #2029986 - 10/21/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

wow
mj, that is like 5 blocks from my house
i need to quit driving out of my way to hunt for shrooms
you caught the 68 or 72 or something like that i assume

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2030287 - 10/21/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

MJ, very nice find.

But I have a question. I noticed in these photos, you didn't use scissors and pulled up lots of mulch and mycelium. I thought picking Cyans in this manner messes up habitats. Would you advise other hunters in the Seattle area to do the same thing? Lord knows it's a lot easier to pick than cut them.

Thanks,
Stymee

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: Stymee]
    #2030398 - 10/21/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

he was probly in a hurry, due to the gardner

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Anonymous

deleted [Re: Great Scott]
    #2031813 - 10/22/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

deleted

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: ]
    #2031897 - 10/22/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

heheh nice work MJ way to rape DH's babies.

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: cardboard]
    #2032014 - 10/22/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

AS for raping his babies, I admit I picked a few hundred before the gardners asked me to move ohn sop they could finish their work.

I talked to dh several times and he is not mad. However, I am not going back there. IT was quite a walk to the place. I could say the same about several public places which i had for a few years and then others saw me picking them and came back and did the same.
mj

InvisibleNWuser
journeyman
Loc: Rainy Pacific Northwest
    #2032189 - 10/22/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

SOB thats a lotta cyans! Good find both dethhed and mj!

<--- Jealous

--------------------
Anxious for the rainy season....

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Just When I Thought That I Had Lost it: Boom, Fresh Cyans To [Re: NWuser]
    #2035993 - 10/23/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The top 7 photos of the red mushrooms are Stropharia aurantiaca (Cooke) Imai. found in the Journal of Fac. Agr. Hohhaido Imp. Univ. vol. 43:267 (1938).

This innof is from the 1988 November Mycologist vol. 12: part four.

It describes its habitat as occurring on decaying, woody debris.

Reports that its distribution is uncommon. SInce this is an English Journal it was written referring o the distribution of trhe species in the UK.

Here is the Dist Info from the Mycologist:

Uncommon, but increasing in UK. N. Europe, Australia, Japan, UK (Clwyd, Devon, Hants, Herts, Middx, Surr., Warwicks), Jersey on flower beds mulched with shreaded wood.

Other Remarks:
Differs from all other Stropharia species (with chrysocystidia) by the striking red colors. Apparently on the increase in UK, through the use of woodchips for mylching. Sometimes flowerbeds can be totally covered with basuidiomes.

Mj

Offlineagm4688
Reeses Pieces
    #2036678 - 10/23/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mj man. i have lots of respect for you but you make me so mad with all your damn findings!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder