Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

I finally realized the meaning of....
    #2036648 - 10/23/03 04:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

unconditonal love. 'Nuff said.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: Twirling]
    #2036686 - 10/23/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so have you realized a way to externalize this meaning, or are you simply bragging?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: Strumpling]
    #2036692 - 10/23/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah man, care to shed some light?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2037010 - 10/23/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, I just mean that in life, people are raised with the concept that their parents "love them unconditionally", yet parents have to play the role of guardians and have to use discipline in order to train their children. It?s sort of contradictory, ?I love you unconditionally?. So long as you do what I want you to do?. At least that?s the message. I think a lot of people (myself included) still live under this mentality that they have to appease a parent.

For example, many people have interrupted the role of the Christian concept of God to be an extension of the role parents play to their children. Protecting them, and watching over them, but there is this idea that somehow we need to constantly be pleasing God, the way a child tries to please it?s parent. It?s quite a shadow to live under. It?s hard to understand what the term ?unconditional love? means under that sort of mentality, but after an experience with a cactus I got a better glimpse of what that really means.

Of course, actually loving yourself unconditionally is an entire task unto itself.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2037057 - 10/23/03 07:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think you meant to say "interpereted", not interrupted right?

I once tried to love a cactus, I was pulling needles out for weeks, what's your secret?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Anonymous

#2037103 - 10/23/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

the secret is to use a cucumber, not a cactus :wink:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: ]
    #2037157 - 10/23/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Come get some!!!  :lol: 

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2037222 - 10/23/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"I love you unconditionally?. So long as you do what I want you to do"

no. I even when I tell my child what to do I still love him. it's no matter what they do you will still love them. They don't have to do anything in order for me to LOVE them, which DOES NOT entail their actions. even if they steal from me, sure I will be very upset and hurt, but I still love them. unconditional means you love them because they are there.

you think loving yourself is a hard task? why? that should be pretty easy, especially the way an ego can work. unconditional love is much deeper than words my friend.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Anonymous

Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2037284 - 10/23/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i think thats what twirling is saying he realized.

personally, i feel that unconditional love is what love truly is. it bothers me when a boyfriend/girlfriend say they love each other and then after they break up one or the other will say 'i dont love him/her anymore'. to me this seems juvenile and theyre simply using the term love to define the overwhelming feelings one experiences during a relationship.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2037437 - 10/23/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iamhimheisme said:
i think thats what twirling is saying he realized.

Exactly. Before I wasn't even aware of it, I just sort of lived under it. Recently I've been teaching and observing other teacher's methods and I think being on the otherside of the coin made me more aware.

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
I think you meant to say "interpereted", not interrupted right?

I once tried to love a cactus, I was pulling needles out for weeks, what's your secret?   

lol, yes. That was the result of my spell check and me not double checking it.

My secert is gelcaps, easy to swallow and... well let's just leave it at that :shocked:

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2038365 - 10/24/03 12:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
Oh, I just mean that in life, people are raised with the concept that their parents "love them unconditionally", yet parents have to play the role of guardians and have to use discipline in order to train their children. It?s sort of contradictory, ?I love you unconditionally?. So long as you do what I want you to do?.

I don't see a contradiction at all. The contradiction is here ?I love you unconditionally?. So long as you do what I want you to do?. It is false on its face. Diciplining your child is a product of love Diciplining a child is one of the hardest things to do. You hate to see them hurting from the diciplin but you know it is best and you do it out of love. If you love your children you don't make their life easy. If you do you only set them up to fail in real life and that is just cruel.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Anonymous

Re: I finally realized the meaning of.... [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2038475 - 10/24/03 01:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

a lack of discipline and an easy life doesnt imply failure in real life. i think a person can learn much more from failure than they can from success and discipline.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2038511 - 10/24/03 01:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think it implies it eather but there is no accounting for luck. I also agree that more can be learned from failure. Hopefully you can experiance those failures while you are still at home and have the support of parents. There are some lessons that need to be taught through diciplin and they will see the reasons for it later on with maturity.Some things don't realy fall into a succeed / fail dynamic.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology