Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
wtf is up with love?
    #2030308 - 10/21/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ok... im not exactly sure how to put this down in writing (let alone say it), so im just gona ramble for a bit.
FUCK! I fell in love. I know, it sounds like a wonderful thing... and indeed it is, sometimes. This chick is amazing. I dont know how to explain it to yall. I look into her eyes... and I feel something that Ive never felt before. I dont really know what it is, but i like it, and i want it more often. ive known this chick for about a month, and her and I get along fuckin great, but then I had to go and fall in love with her and mess everything up.

well, hopefully i didnt mess everything up. ok, a little background:
im a shy guy. I dont start shit with girls... I never have. I dont really know why, but its been a great experience for me at times in my life because the women i tend to see really do meen something to me. Ive been treated like shit from alot of women tho, and im sensitive because of it. maybe thats my fault tho. im 21, shes 17 (18 in one month)

ok, so on to what happened. I decided to take a road trip with this chick and her 2 friends (per her request) and we went out to her friends college and partied nonstop for most of the weekend and then some (friday till tuesday). I couldnt help but think about this chick the whole time we were hanging out. So i finally worked up the balls and told her that i wanted to date her and i thought she was the coolest chick i had ever met. She was all about it for a bit... and we were getting along great, and everything seemed fine. So we started watching a movie and i started rubbing her legs, and about halfway through the movie she brings me outside and tells me that she doesnt want this right now, and that its not me, that she is just fucked up sometimes, and she feels bad for turning me down and shit.

she is a cool chick for sure... someone i would want as my friend at LEAST. but there is a big part of me that knows if i had never told her, i would still be thinking about it right now, and i would be even more confused then i am now. I had to tell her to be honest with my self about what i was feeling, which is something i dont do. I always hide my feelings, its something ive done sence i was a little kid. Its bad for me, no doubt, but this chick made me want to do differently.
so now that its all in the air, i dont know what to do. I KNOW that i will be her friend at least, that much i cannot deny myself. but a part of me is always going to wish for something more with her. Every time she looks at me, im going to get lost in her eyes. Well, either that or I have to turn off all my emotions and hide them away, so i dont fuck up a friendship. its not hard to hide away what i feel, i can do it easy enough, but the hard part is bringing it back. If i turn off what im feeling for this chick, not only will i loose it (possibly forever) but i will feel like im lying to myself. I dont want to get over her either, because i feel like i might miss my chance to be with the most incredible woman ive ever met.

wtf is wrong with me?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: Suffer]
    #2030488 - 10/21/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know what's up with love. But I do know how you are feeling.
My stuations is a little different but its pretty much the same except I went out with the lady for a year. She then decided to move on. My people all tell me to forget about her. But I love her and dont want that love to just go away. If you love her you cant forget about her. She will be burned into your heart for ever. So keep it real and keep it cool. Dont let your emotions get the best of you.
peace love and light my friend.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: ]
    #2030615 - 10/21/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ah yes, love!

Let us quote from the Devil's Dictionary:
Quote:

love n. A temporary insanity curable by marriage.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #2030885 - 10/21/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just think of it this way: at least you did something. I would've just thought about it for a long time and done nothing. That's a lot worse, trust me.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2030887 - 10/21/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There's nothing wrong with you. Just give it time. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, you still have a friend out of it.

I also believe that once you love someone, you never stop. You can't just turn it off or block it out. Whatever you love about that person will always be in your heart.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: sykobish]
    #2031437 - 10/22/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

awwwww

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Anonymous #1

Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: tak]
    #2032914 - 10/22/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

awwwwww^^^^^^^

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2034144 - 10/22/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

so what the fuck should i do? im gona go out for coffee with her on thursday (if she calls me) and im hoping i can figure out whats going on. I really wana date this chick... she is cool enough id wait for however long it took... but i dont wana get my heart set on her and watch her go for someone else... that would send me into an alcohol binge to rival even my last one (it was BAD... 3 weeks before halloween of 2001 till april 2002, and we used bottles of alcho to measure how much time had passed... ie "dude, you remember like not the handle of rum we finished this afternoon, but the one before that? yea, that day").

FUCK!!!!!
i dig this chick, so im actually glad i said something, cause otherwise i would still be debating if i should tell her or not. But i dont know if i should persue this or not.
thoughts anyone?

ok, time for my gin n tonic

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2034331 - 10/22/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

girls are 100% confusing... what i would do in your situation is tell her u made a mistake and you misinterpreted your feelings for her. tell her you want to be her friend and nothing more. ive found that when a guy falls for a girl and comes on strong, the girl is turned off. for some reason chicks like a challange, they are more interested in what they cant have. keep being her friend, be nice but play like ur too good for her. make it seem like there is no way she can have u, but continue to be a really nice guy/ good friend. it seems stupid but that method usually works. in a month or so she will realize how awesome u r, and when she thinks she cant have u, she will much more determined to get ya.  it sucks that us guys have to play so many games to get chicks.... its all their fault :shake: 

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2035094 - 10/23/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha Well KingOftheThing is on the right track. A guy is more desirable to a girl if she can't have him. I've said this so many times before, guys who are 'hard to get' are always the ones we go after. The ones that will do anything for us at any given moment, are the ones we run from. I can't tell you exactly how to get this chick to wanna be with you, but i can tell you that playing hard to get will for sure get her to notice you more.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineGOLDEN9locks
day tripper
Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: sykobish]
    #2035987 - 10/23/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

my .02....i owuld say give her time! she sounds like she's interested in you, and you obviously are really into her...
i can tell you, you should NOT just hope and wait for something to happen....and you definatly should NOTT get into a drinking binge(< a definate way to not get her!!)
instead treat her with respect...if she needs time give it to her... do little things that not only boyfriends, but friends too, can do...buy her that coffee! let her know things about yourself, intrigue her,,,,,and then sink your fangs in!

--------------------
...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

Anonymous #1

Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: GOLDEN9locks]
    #2036151 - 10/23/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I need to be hard to get... I am like an open book..

I think thats alot of our problems, suffer..

I am like you... and I fail all the time because of this...just be the james dean and you will be fine. :smirk:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2036167 - 10/23/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I spend all day in my room posting on the Shroomery w/ my door shut. How much more hard-to-get do I have to be?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous #1

Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2036608 - 10/23/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

haha, I am the same... the thing is experience.

the more you hangout with girls the more your confidence will build up.  that why I need to leave the shroomery... many people need to live life instead of seeing it on the net.  I need to be with 20 chicks not 1. that will help me more out.  I don't care if thats a slut. I guess thats what I need to be then.

I used to be cocky around girls when I had a girlfriend. I could talk to any of them.. now I can't even look at girls without thinking they think I am a freak.  So tonight for the first time I am going to put my theory to test.. I am going to the bars tonight and I am going to get buzzed and talk to all the girl I can. I will be scared but I believe I can do it. :smile: I will post my result in another thread. so I don't take up all this thread.. :smile:

WWJD(D)

What Would James Dean DO! hehe nice. :thumbsup:

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: wtf is up with love? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2036626 - 10/23/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what's wrong with you? Love--see how confused you are...

lol

Anyway, this girl is still young and may have some issues w/ havin a bf that is much older than her (mine did). You may even intimidate her? The leap b/w 17 and 21 seems so large. My ex~gf is 17 and im 20. It sounds to me like she's having a great time being your friend.

Show her good times. Treat her good but not like a queen. Hang out with her and her friends. You are a way cool guy and once her friends see how much of an awesome guy you are, they'll either try to move in on you or will convince her in the meantime.

best luck,

-t-

Jump to top Pages: 1