Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineoradell218
journeyman
Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores.
    #2035991 - 10/23/03 01:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Alright i have already made my substrate and sterilized it. My substrate is made up of brown rice flour, vermiculite, and water. Is this a good substrate for Golden Teachers?? Once i have innoculated at what temperature should i keep my terrarium?? Also what should the humidity level be??
thank u very much for reading this and hopefully leaving a helpful messege.
peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores. [Re: oradell218]
    #2036057 - 10/23/03 01:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

read pf tek...you need to put them in a incubator in the dark at about 80-85 degrees before you put them in the terrarium. BRF is good for all cubensis in my opinion.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7919/pag/2
nice and full of pictures to make it easy

~J-Slice~

Offlineoradell218
journeyman
Re: Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores. [Re: ]
    #2036072 - 10/23/03 02:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

put what in a incubator?i didnt see anything about a incubator in the reading.

OfflineNTTG_Hunter
Hunter

Loc: USA
    #2036076 - 10/23/03 02:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

oh come on man. Just read the pf tek and faqs. The go get The Mushroom Cultivator. Damn

--------------------
Look, I've Never Had A Dream In My Life,
Because A Dream Is What You Wanna Do;
But Still Haven't Persued. -Aesop Rock

Anonymous

#2036088 - 10/23/03 02:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

if you actually read it...chich you definetly did not do in a mere 4 minutes...you would see that about half the way down the page is a section titled "incubation":

"Now the jars are incubated at about 75-85 degrees F for several weeks. If you have a room that is constantly kept in this general range, this is a good place to incubate your jars. If not, you will need to find some other source of heat to keep them in that temperature range. Be careful not to use any heat source that could cause fires; a heating pad will usually work, some people have used fish tank heaters submerged in a warm water bath. A good investment here is a thermometer that keeps track of highest and lowest temperatures, so you can see how hot or cold your cakes are getting. If they get too cold, their growth will slow considerably, and if they get too hot, they will lose water and eventually die. (They will usually die if they ever get above 95 degrees F) "

i use a cardboard box w/ a heat lamp pointed at it.

~J-Slice~

Offlineoradell218
journeyman
Re: Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores. [Re: NTTG_Hunter]
    #2036090 - 10/23/03 02:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Alright its all good i got all that figured out but once they colonized and i put them in the terrarium what should i keep the temperature and humidity at?

Anonymous

#2036147 - 10/23/03 02:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

same article...farther down from where you didnt read the first time.

"In order to initiate fruiting, three main conditions must be met for the cakes:

First, they need light. Only a dim light is needed. A fluorescent lamp or indirect sunlight is plenty of light. Mushrooms do not gain energy from the light like plants do, but in this particular species of mushroom light sends a signal to the mycelium that it is time to produce mushrooms. A source with a wide spectrum of light, especially containing lots of blue light (daylight and fluorescent plant lights are very good examples of light with lots of blue) is best, but a low wattage (15 watts is plenty) incandescent light bulb will supply enough light.

Second, they need a fairly high humidity. 90-95% humidity is a good range for fruiting. The best and easiest way to do this is by lining the bottom of the fruiting chamber with damp perlite. A common mistake is to get the perlite too wet, and end up with a swamp of water and perlite that is very difficult to clean up, and will drown the cakes. Get enough perlite to make at least 1" (2.5 cm) thick layer on the bottom of the fruiting chamber, and put it into a colander, strainer, or cloth enclosure that it can?t slip out of. Wet it thoroughly with normal tap water, and let the water drain out. Then move the perlite into the fruiting chamber and smooth out the surface. You now have a layer of damp perlite that the cakes can be set directly on, and which will keep the humidity in the chamber high enough for the cakes to fruit. By the time your cakes have stopped producing mushrooms, the perlite might start getting a little bit skunky smelling. If you want to reuse it, put it in a baking pan and cook it at 350 degrees in your oven until it is dry. Let it cool, and it?s ready to be used again. You can also add some Hydrogen Peroxide to the wet perlite to help it stay clean a bit longer.

Lastly, it is a good idea to lower the temperature range a bit, to about 75-80 degrees F. Like the light, this signals the cakes to begin fruiting. However, most strains of Psilocybe cubensis fruit so easily that lowering the temperature is not absolutely necessary. "

honestly, have people gotten this lazy? this is sickening, you cant even read 4 pages w/ pictures on them. If your expecting to succeed at this hobby you need to learn to read. Honestly..i am new to this, but i read every single day, every single thing i can find. You are lazy, most people would just ignore you or point you at the faq. goto www.shroomery.org
read every single thing on the entire site...everything.

~J-Slice~

Offlineoradell218
journeyman
Re: Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores. [Re: ]
    #2036159 - 10/23/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

man u dont need to get all pissy i was asking for specific information on the golden teacher spore and if anyone knew specific conditions. i.e. humidity/temperature for fruiting.
peace

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2036241 - 10/23/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Golden Teacher is a Psilocybe cubenis strain, thus.....

OfflineNTTG_Hunter
Hunter

Loc: USA
Re: Newbie needs help growing golden teacher spores. [Re: Anno]
    #2036427 - 10/23/03 03:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just read man. You are wasting people's time asking dumb ?'s like that. I mean if you even search remotley for what you are looking for you are bound to stumble over some info.

--------------------
Look, I've Never Had A Dream In My Life,
Because A Dream Is What You Wanna Do;
But Still Haven't Persued. -Aesop Rock

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation