Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria
    #20351918 - 07/30/14 04:49 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Guys,

I've been making a tincture or pain spray from mushed up Amanitas, I must say, i've never had anything nearly as good for pain in my body as this.

It is a wonder Mushroom for my purposes :smile:

Anyway I found a huge amount of AM's and brought them home and blended them with water and Isopro, but I don't think I had enough Isopro in it because it's really fishy smelly - Like fish , or well use your imagination and it stinks.

I still put it on, but I'm wondering if there is something I can do to deoderise it?

I'm already filtering it out so i'm left with just the liquid.

does anyone have any suggestions..... or am I going to have to throw this one out

Thanks all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: mrsmrs66]
    #20352199 - 07/30/14 05:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:awewtf:

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20352350 - 07/30/14 06:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know man, sounds bad to me. Fishy smell often means bacteria.

--------------------

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #20352415 - 07/30/14 06:30 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

is this something topical or you mean u take it orally?

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: blindingleaf]
    #20352437 - 07/30/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I hope its topical... especially if its gone rancid.

--------------------

AMU

Offlinepetri_pins
aquaponderer
 User Gallery

Loc: where my head lays
    #20352601 - 07/30/14 07:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I looked into it a bit. It is topical but I cant find any info on the method described. Where did you find the information on this MrsMrs66? 

I have several pain problems I treat using reishi and chaga as well as some other cordyceps for better delivery. (ingested teas extracts and raw mycelium on grain)

Is it only the A. Muscaria that works? What is the compound in the amanita that causes the pain to subside?

I hope you find a way to ease the stench... What if you tired like winter green iso? Or just maybe some kind of oil? lavender? Fish though seems like a smelly smell to be overcome. It might just make it minty fish. Good luck!

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: petri_pins]
    #20352757 - 07/30/14 07:41 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey,

It is topical, and I read the info on here about using it topically and also I read some translated page on a blogspot..... I also noticed that it made sense because when I pick them the pain in my palm would become cool and the red inflamed skin would also die down for a few hours...........

With lasting time like that I thought woo hoo ---- better make a tincture out of this.........

I did that and applied it all over my body... literally from the crown of my head to the sole of my foot - left side pain mostly due to a piched nerve .....

My wife now uses it for plantar fascitis - I use it on any sprains ...

Here is one for the mases that i was particularly impressed with... I use it for when I had the influenza about a week ago... It hit so hard and my body was muclse aches everywhere - 10 times worse than usual... so I coated myself --- let it dry - coated again -- dry - feeling better - coat, coat coat - and I could function as normal - no FEVER ---- especially good.... Topically didn't kill it, but when the flu returned I coated again - so amazing

Last night felt a runny nose and sore throat.... you guessed it ----- coat coat coat, no cold this morning - purely anecdotal all of this but I find this mushroom so versatile and such a helpful tool that I am sad to have to throw away this batch..........

It's about 8 litres of concentrated mushroom.... I take one cup of it and make a litre of spray... so good.

Anyway back to the topic - Maybe if I dried the whole thing out to powder I could have a bit more luck in getting rid of the smell.......

I think this might have been because I used alot of caps that were a bit past their prime...... I kept all the A graders for eating medicine. 

but yeah it's for topical

CHHHHHEERRS :smile:

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

#20352776 - 07/30/14 07:46 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Very interesting.

--------------------

AMU

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20352864 - 07/30/14 08:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yes it is,

I even put it higher on my scale of medication than weed now -- simply because of the pain relief...

teats probably why it's illegal (where I am anyway it's classed as a pest fungus  - because it's so helpful.... same as weed.

This isn't where I found most of my info but this person has copy and pasted  the info - but the other site is better just can't find it.

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20353344 - 07/30/14 10:08 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

well I've tried vinegar in one of my tests - no go - still the stinkiest crap ----

Also lemon juice doesn't do much either...... DOH!

I'm still gonnna use it today and tomorrow, but we got some really wet weather today so I'll just have to go back and grab some ----- Ill only use the freshest and reddest this time .....

Cheers All

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20353352 - 07/30/14 10:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, amazing info!  I've never heard of this.

I'm not sure about saving your current batch, maybe boiling it down/concentrating it would drive off the fish smell as well as kill the bacteria.  Of course the alcohol would boil off first and you'd have to use caution (a double boiler setup or something, maybe outdoors).  But once you boiled down enough you'd have a pretty concentrated water extract, which you could just mix with everclear to about 50% abv.  Not sure if the smell would be gone though.

With all that spraying and repeating, it seems like you might benefit in the future by making a highly concentrated alcohol extract and turning it into a salve or something like that, all you need is some beeswax if I remember correctly.  That way you could just apply once and it would stay there and keep absorbing into your skin.  Seems easier than all that spraying! 

Anyway just some ideas, thanks for the info!  I have pretty bad back pain frequently and would love to try this.

Any idea if it's necessary to use the fresh mushrooms, or can dried mushrooms or extracts purchased online be used just as effectively?

edit:  do you have a link to where you read about it?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Edited by Forrester (07/30/14 10:12 PM)

OfflineCulland
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20353365 - 07/30/14 10:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I would love to hear about your process, or the link to it, for making the tincture. As for your current problem, sometimes you just need to toss it out and start fresh.

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: Forrester]
    #20353581 - 07/30/14 11:14 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yes , I suppose my pain has pushed me over the years to look at many alternatives. I used to go to doctors :smile: now I just look for folk medicines :smile:

Any ways, I can't tell you for sure if the dry mushrooms do it or not, but thats because I only eat the dry and never tried it......

I can't find most of the info that I've read - I just keep the main points

Water soluble - check
Alcohol Soluble - check

guineapig present - No Check - Use myself instead - it's topical so It's safe enough in this case.

it's able to be absorbed through the skin and thats what is important... If I can find the study about extraction and using DMSO i will post the link, but yeah I just experiment.

Anywhere there is pain  - for example migraine - just coat the back of the neck and head and wait to absorb - BAM no more pain...

thanks for the tip on the beeswax... I just haven't worked out how to evaporate it yet - I don't want to break the chemicals and I only have a kitchen stove ------ no thermometer either.....

I'm doing the filtration now - I made a bottle of spray - It's definitley quite effective but I smell Like Jonah ( The prophet who was eaten by a fish and spewed up 3 days later haha)

Ill just throw it In the end I think.. DAMN
coz there was alot there

finished product of FISHINESS

once again --- thanks for the input, don't take my word for it, try it out on some type of muscular or joint pain -  colds and flu too :smile:

PS as for my method???? Well fresh mushrooms in the blender, bit of water, bit of alcohol ISOPRO (NEVER FOR INTERNAL USE) :smile: I read on here 8 weeks for a full strength tincture, but I use mine after a few days because I have to..

Happy shrooming

Edited by mrsmrs66 (07/30/14 11:22 PM)

InvisibleImperfect Iam
^means imperfect,not I'm perfect
Male User Gallery

Loc: center of the universe Flag
    #20353824 - 07/31/14 12:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

That's crazy, because IT IS legal here, for the time being I guess.

Forrester, I bought an ounce online, to trip off of, ate the whole thing, no effects, zero, so I would have to say you need it fresh for it to work, just :2cents:

--------------------
All you touch, and all you see, is all your life will ever be- Pink Floyd

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- John Lennon

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: Imperfect Iam]
    #20354026 - 07/31/14 02:02 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

No sorry, they are illegal to import , because they contain muscimol

Muscimol is a shcedule 9 drug -

check this out and search for muscimol. it will give you the run down...

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/4802C5009AC4AD9FCA257BF0001D0054/$File/substance-list-Aug2013v2.pdf

Unfortunately it's federal level TGA so it applies to all of us.

I wonder if there is a loophole like - possesing is ok but consumtion isn't? Anyway they are illegal to the point that they contain muscimol which is scheduled drug.

However I don't doubt that you were able to import them as I have imported certain restricted products too and only been given a customs letter twice..

cheers

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#20354051 - 07/31/14 02:16 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

TY for the link!

Mine was ordered online from a company operating within the US, probably why I had no problems, but, they weren't worth a shit for what I tried to use them for, even thought most people involved in the use of psychs say they are no good for that anyway, but I at least wanted to find out the different feeling than regular psychs give ya, and nothing.. off a whole oz!

I was told it was probably because they were old and dried out, the company did give me some HBWR seeds to compensate(which I did trip a little from, but got MAJOR leg cramps), and would not suggest there use to anyone.

--------------------

Offlinepetri_pins
aquaponderer
 User Gallery

Loc: where my head lays
    #20354288 - 07/31/14 05:02 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Im still curious on what compounds in the mushrooms effects pain, if you know, and if any other amanita can be used? I have lots of yellow amanita never really seen the A. muscaria in the wild and I'm not looking to buy.

Would mycelium still contain the chemical substance in mushrooms?
I know its a mycorrhizal species but what about mycelium cultivation without the tree?

This is some really good stuff here... between the cracking of reishi spores and the muscaria this has been a good week on the shroomery for me :grin:  Now all we need to do is make it viable for everyone and we win!

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My tintcure is rancid Amanita Muscaria [Re: petri_pins]
    #20354600 - 07/31/14 07:56 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry PP,

It's main ingredients are
Muscimol
Ibotenic acid
And something nasty if have.understood correctly called muscarine
um yeah so google those and enjoy the knowledge.

There is heaps in the boards about it. Actually they're are heaps of excellent posts here just search them.

Um I'm in my tiny phone with a tiny touch screen so I can't really offer much for links
Enjoy

PS... I tipped 99% of it in the garden... We live we learn.... I've also really had a good week or two playing around with this mushroom and gathering knowledge. Cheers all

Edited by mrsmrs66 (07/31/14 08:02 AM)

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#20354612 - 07/31/14 08:04 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, shit that SHOULD NOT be injested in oz quantities, probably not in any quantities, but the people I got it from said start off with half an oz., which I hesitantly did, then after 1.5 hours of nothing I ate the other half, still nothing, I imagine if fresh, you would not want to come near any of those doses, as a matter of fact prob. 0 grams would be your best bet, eating them.

--------------------

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20355072 - 07/31/14 10:39 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Did a little reading and came across so much info on the active components of A. muscaria.

One little warning: Ibotenic acid, one of the entheogenic components of A. muscaria interacts with glutamate receptors. Glutamate receptors play a varied role in the body, there is a number of conditions with association to glutamate receptors. Including - aching. Glutamate receptors are found in the membrane of neuronal cells. This includes inside the brain and the peripheral nervous system throughout the body. Perhaps the ibotenic acid is interacting with these glutamate receptors to change the bodies perception of pain.

anyways here is my warning: Overstimulation of glutamate receptors causes neurodegeneration and neuronal damage through a process called excitotoxicity

At what point doest ibotenic acid become dangerous? probably very high concentrations, with long and repeated exposure. But this is only a guess!

Another interesting aspect of A. muscaria and ibotenic acid is that when the mushroom is dried ibotenic acid decarboxylates into muscimol, not at 100% but some portion of it changes into muscimol.

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #20355110 - 07/31/14 10:48 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

And something nasty if have.understood correctly called muscarine

muscarine is present in A. Muscaria but only in a tiny tiny tiny amount i.e. .00025% was extracted in a study done in 1863.

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20357723 - 07/31/14 09:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah when it's fresh (mushroom not the tincture) you chuck up like all crap.. I tried it a few times and got the projectile vomit thing going. Gotta make sure they are super dry... To easy them. Took about 30 minutes and up they came.

I found the biggrr and more red the more you have to be sure they are dry.

Awful stuff when it happens

InvisibleImperfect Iam
Male User Gallery

#20360044 - 08/01/14 11:25 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

When they work, thats what I had heard, but I like to try everything at least once, and I was on lockdown, in my house, bymyself, I figured not to much could  go wrong, when the lady told me to start with a half oz, I thought, ru crazy?

But I did it, then when nothing,and I decided to eat the whole thing, I thought I have finally lost it, eating an oz of known to have poison in them raw mushrooms, WTF, then NOTHING, I could not beleive my luck! BERZERKERS my ass I thought, I am sure if they were fresh, I would have Never been able to take an oz!

It would be some very pretty mushrooms to find thought!

--------------------

Offlinemrsmrs66
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20363172 - 08/02/14 01:20 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I got some fresh ones today, and I got about 10kg of frozen..........

I'm gonna redo mystuff! :smile:

Post pics later

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck