Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepetri_pins
aquaponderer
 User Gallery

Loc: where my head lays
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20377506 - 08/05/14 09:50 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey another idea! Since the spores like to collect on the top of the conk don't you think this has some relativity in the mushrooms survival as well? Maybe the ones on top exposed more to the sunlight rain and wind have a better germination chance.

Maybe make a humidity box with glass top. Place the spores on an electro static tray to hold in place also replicating the charge of the reishi. ( or just anything that will hold the reishi spores) Then put it out in the sun and add a small bowl of water. You can use a little fan too or drill holes in the top for some FAE.

Or even make a solar oven and bake them and sun radiate them for a week...

Either germination rate goes up or the sun softens the cell walls is what I think would happen.

The sun might be a good help to us... Let me know if you try it. If I had a microscope I would work on it now myself. I will be working on that soon so I can conduct my own! This is very fun stuff :smile:

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: petri_pins]
    #20377870 - 08/05/14 11:42 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Very interesting essentially using UV to break them down, I have a pretty powerful UV laser that will actually heat up your skin if you leave it there long enough(probably not safe). Perhaps I can do a test on a small batch of spores.  I think the main thing I am going to try is the cordyceps LC idea. Submerge some spores, and only spores in some water and drop in a wedge of cordyceps.

I have seen the cordyceps does well in liquid, what I am hoping for is the cordyceps will release chitinase that will weaken and compromise the spore wall, either leading to complete destruction or easier germination of the reishi spore.

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

#20380954 - 08/06/14 12:08 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

"liquid culture" Reishi spores pressure cooked then inoculated with Cordyceps militaris.

--------------------

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Offlinepetri_pins
aquaponderer
 User Gallery

#20381637 - 08/06/14 07:30 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:  Cant wait for the results! I love coryceps and reishi as a combo. Great energy all day nice even flow.

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

#20403438 - 08/11/14 12:24 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

After several days there has been no discernible growth in the spore LC. I made another batch of proper LC the same night, consisting of soak water from brown rice, some brewers yeast and a bit of malt extract. This took several days for the cordyceps to recover but once it did it exploded literally overnight. I am thinking that I will take some of the liquid hardy cordyceps from my other LC and shoot it into the spore solution. Not sure if this is going to work.

--------------------

AMU

OfflineErlik Khan
On the Fence
Male
    #20419423 - 08/14/14 07:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

:dancer:  This is why i love mycology/shroomery.  Keep us updated!

--------------------
my setup thread,

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: Erlik Khan]
    #20441176 - 08/19/14 05:42 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i wonder why nobody talks about hydrating and then freezing to break cell- or sporewalls. It is often a more efficient way than boiling/heating, at least with plantmatter like from cacti.
I don't know if it would work for spores, but i would think for mycelium (when wanting to extract from mycelium) it could be beneficial, unless the cells have some sort of protein that make the icecrystals form short, like frogs have to be able to freeze partially in winter.

--------------------
My Trade List

Edited by forrest (08/19/14 05:45 AM)

OfflineLennybernadino
Amazon grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iquitos, Peru
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: forrest]
    #20441322 - 08/19/14 06:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

useless comment to thread thread

Offlinepetri_pins
aquaponderer
 User Gallery

Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: Lennybernadino]
    #20441401 - 08/19/14 07:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

We did touch on the freezing/ heating shock. With mycelium one of the storage methods is nitrogen freezing. It DOES break a lot of the mycelium network causing damage from ice crystal formation. this method of storing was improved by cooling one degree at a time to allow the water to be expelled slowly so this does not happen. (Paul Stamets Growing Gourmet and Medicinals).

MrCloudy? When I grow some reishi I wanna put the spores through hell and back and send em to you for analysis. Is that cool? I'll Pm you when that is.... still slacking gotta make some bags this friday though I'll let ya know!

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

Offlineforrest
 User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
    #20441446 - 08/19/14 07:59 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

@Lennybernadino
why was my comment useless?

--------------------
My Trade List

Invisibledusttodust

Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: forrest]
    #20441643 - 08/19/14 09:14 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Mr.Cloudy, are you using destiled pre-sterilized water without nutritions? Did you try to make low nutrient liquid culture mixed with spores and that sterilized? Spores dont need to be alive for cordyceps, right?

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: dusttodust]
    #20442295 - 08/19/14 12:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I did not use distilled water, I used well water which contains some minerals. The spores in solution were sterilized prior to being inoculated with cordyceps, there is very little non spore nutrient if any in the water. Results were less than stellar, I don't see any visible mycelium although it does appear to have less spores, this could be because the longer it sits the more they settle and compact. I think maybe having light nutrient would allow for the cordyceps to start growing, then once it starts move on to the spores.

I tried boiling, then freezing. I still have a frozen mucrocentrifuge tube of spores thats been in there so long its probably a good time to check them.

Never a useless comment on a discussion thread such as this, all input welcome.

--------------------

AMU

OfflineLennybernadino
Amazon grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iquitos, Peru
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: dusttodust]
    #20453022 - 08/21/14 08:28 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

my comment is useless well not useless to me it threads this thread of interest but useless to you, there should e a button that threads threads without useless popcorn eating smileys or messages like this, I still cannot find the popcorn smiley.

Edited by Lennybernadino (08/21/14 08:27 PM)

Offlineoliviayang1981
Stranger

#20789599 - 11/03/14 06:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey is there any update on your experiment? I'm very interested in using the spores since I accidentally overgrown some reishi and have my greenhouse covered by spores. I was reading a paper on using Lactobacillus plantarum during a fermentation process to break the cell wall of reishi spores. Have you tried it? I also wonder how to collect those compounds from spores after the treatment.

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: oliviayang1981]
    #20789801 - 11/03/14 07:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

No update, Not one bit of growth with my cordyceps idea,though turns out I had a bum culture. I am still looking into methods and such but have not been doing too many experiments with spores. I shifted my focus so I haven't been producing as much spores. I have been thinking of ways to collect the spores, seems wrapping them in aluminum foil might be best, maybe even permeable saran wrap would work better, allow the mushroom to breath and allow light in still. Full spore drop for some species happens over the course of a week or so.

I found out that spores can be filtered out of liquid solution fairly easily using coffee filters, I was concerned that the holes would be too big, but most of the spores did not make it through. When I get to producing more spores again I will try the germination method again.

I have gotten better at my spore microscopy as well. I should be able to tell quite easily if they have germinated or not.

--------------------

AMU

InvisibleRaven44
Entry not permitted to muggles
Male

Loc: My sovereign reality bubble
    #25100544 - 03/29/18 07:11 PM (6 years, 14 hours ago)

This is interesting to me. What about o3? You can buy o3 generators that infuse water with o3...

Might be a long shot, just a thought.

OfflineScotTony
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Europe
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: Raven44]
    #25101279 - 03/30/18 03:40 AM (6 years, 6 hours ago)

I thought of culturing some mold from blue cheese and inoculating Ganoderma spores with some added nutrition. The idea was that since it comes from an edible product it will be safe but turns out that the Penicilium species used in cheese production can produce aflatoxins when growing on substrates other than cheese. Would be interesting to see the results of this seemingly easy and quick culture though.

Offlinegreengold777
Stranger
    #25899490 - 03/27/19 06:44 AM (5 years, 3 days ago)

Hi I watched a YouTube vid recently where the dude Scott mentions in passing that the method to crack reishi spores is to slow boil them in bee pollen. How long, I don't know, but he seems to imply learning this from a Chinese person so I am not sure if this is from experience or his hear say.
That seems like a cheap hassle free method I am going to try. How to tell if it has worked will be beyond me.
Not sure if this method has been noted as I read only some posts on this.
I would be keen hear comments on this method.
Derrek

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: greengold777]
    #25904907 - 03/29/19 09:36 PM (5 years, 12 hours ago)

Forced Hydrating perhaps? Stro's Spore Salvage with Forced Hydration  :jedi:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineJustShroomy
Stranger

Re: The cracking of Reishi spores. [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #27622999 - 01/17/22 09:59 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone figure out how to crack reishi spores?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder