Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Loneliness
    #2032033 - 10/22/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not talking about a lack of friends or companionship, I'm talking about the inability of the average person to appreciate where you are at the moment. You perceive something moving, but no one else gets it. In fact, you can be absolutely *surrounded* by people and the feeling is all the more intense!!

Does it ever make you lonely?

To use the Bible, not as dogma, but as a touchstone, remember when Jesus was transfigured on the mount just before his crucifixtion he came down from the mountain with the white glow upon him only to find his disciples asleep. What dissapointment!!  Another Bible example is Moses coming down from the mount only to find his people worshipping a freakin' golden calf!!.. symbolic or not, the feeling is the same. And its unusual to be a normal everyday person and relate to that. Or is it?

I'm a relatively shy person and could never ever approach what those two did for mankind, but I do feel sometimes like my spiritual force has been dammed-up without any kind of release. One thing I know for sure is It can't *possibly* backfeed anymore upon me, I've fought off every negative incoming wave of my own energy, It HAS to be freed and WILL be freed, the choice is no longer mine.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense to anyone, but if it does please feel free to PM me. I am not seeking anything someone read in a book- I need someone with some firsthand experience. If you choose to post it here for all to share that's fine too. And thanks. :smile:
your average nutbar,

Jellric

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Loneliness [Re: Jellric]
    #2032053 - 10/22/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, well, this is the place to free it...

I know what you mean, as far as like having this idea and being around people that aren't capable of understanding it without years of fucking god knows...

But yeah. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Loneliness [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2032084 - 10/22/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

that sort of real communication removes you and other people from their blanket... at the moment I don't know if it's for better or for worse, considering the society we live in.

=/

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Loneliness [Re: Grav]
    #2032093 - 10/22/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what I mean is, I don't know whether to get used to the 'disappointment' , go with its grain, and find more subtle ways to work around it, or just totally expose myself all the time.

Actually I tried the latter already and it felt like I was going about things the wrong way. so into the unknown and untried I go...

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2032205 - 10/22/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

know what you mean, as far as like having this idea and being around people that aren't capable of understanding it without years of fucking god knows...

I'm not sure you do. No years of knowledge are needed. I've already absorbed plenty of book knowledge. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2032215 - 10/22/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No, that isn't what I mean...

It is just that there are certain things you want to express that would take a lot of other understanding and experience before they would even make sense...

Try discussing music theory with a football player, or like throw a scientist and a fashion model in the same room... I understand they make many movies about comedic mis-matches such as these. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2032222 - 10/22/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fireworks_god, do you have any unexpressed thoughts?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2032445 - 10/22/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Fireworks_god, do you have any unexpressed thoughts?

I am sure there have been a lot of them... my mind has so much shit bouncing back and forth constantly that it it is crazy..

I mean, a lot of thoughts I have had that I have expressed to some, but there are others that aren't receptive, you know? No matter how much perspective you can put it in when you try to get it acrossed, it is entirely lost on me.. it is so fucking frustrating..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Anonymous

#2033201 - 10/22/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"I build a lighted house and therein dwell."
"Let isolation be the rule and yet - the crowd exists."
"Be prepared then for loneliness, for dangers of a dim and obscure character, and expect to see your life spent for no reward that touches the personality. It is only as the consciousness expands, and one finds one's true position in the cosmic whole that the reward becomes apparent; but cease from fear, and know that the personality is only temporary, and what matter if it suffer?"

Anonymous

#2034201 - 10/22/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

are you saying that, despite friendships and other meaningful relationships, there are ideas/thoughts that you find impossible to convey? or rather people dont understand your ideas/thoughts and somewhat refuse your more enlightened views?

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Loneliness [Re: ]
    #2034541 - 10/22/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes I have feelings like none of my friends are changing/thinking the same way, and that I have no one to really share my thoughts or experiences with, because I don't feel they are on the same level as I am. But i'm not saying that i've reached some "higher" mindset, just a different one. Sometimes I feel like even though I've supposedly got lots of friends, i'm more alone than the rest of them, if that makes sense. Perhaps its just an aspect I need to learn to understand better, and take control of. Every now an then I have strange thoughts about embracing solitude, by leaving society for a while, to really reflect on my own life, and how I feel about it. not sure that will ever happen though.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2034959 - 10/23/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Excellant quote, neon. Thank you for that!

Is Saoirse the source of the quote?

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2034980 - 10/23/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mean, a lot of thoughts I have had that I have expressed to some, but there are others that aren't receptive, you know? No matter how much perspective you can put it in when you try to get it acrossed, it is entirely lost on me.. it is so fucking frustrating..

Thank God for this community! It has saved my sanity the last couple of days. Yeah, it can be very frustrating sometimes, but what's great about this place is you can express things that your rl friends would laugh in your face about and do it here and people can relate. I mean I was taking a break with a coworker last night, both of leaning against his car,( him smoking me wishing for one even though I quit couple of years ago), and talking, all the while facing an incredible view of the moon and that star that always seems to be its companion. I wanted to note it, but I knew I'd probably get a funny look though followed by a comment along the lines of, "Are you asking me to dance, Charlie?" ala 'Scent of a Woman' lol.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2034998 - 10/23/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

are you saying that, despite friendships and other meaningful relationships, there are ideas/thoughts that you find impossible to convey? or rather people dont understand your ideas/thoughts and somewhat refuse your more enlightened views?

Pretty much, iamhimheisme, but I think for me it was more of a temporary phase caused by lack of sleep. (See my Day in the Life thread). I've had a lot of spiritual growth over the last few years..the self-work does pay off..but if you look at any graph you'll notice that upwards trends also have periods where the line dips back down before heading up again. I think that just happened to me and I overreacted a bit. A friend of mine pointed out to me a few years ago that I tend to fight against those inevitable downturns and start spiriling down. Well this time I more or less let myself be human and went with the flow and I seem to be ok.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2036745 - 10/23/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Excellant quote, neon. Thank you for that!

Is Saoirse the source of the quote?

"Saoirse" is just the signature i use on my posts, its Gaelic for "freedom" im from Belfast...The quotations i used were actually by Alice A Bailey, she was an "occultist" and wrote many books roughly between 1914-1946. Her work was influenced by certain buddhist masters, and were supposed to be guide books for people who were "aspirants"to that path.
In my early to mid 20s i went through what you are probably going through now, some of her writings were a great help to me, especially "a treatise on white magic". This is the book i quoted from,although it does have a somewhat old-fashioned approach to things. Still it is packed with wisdom, as i think you probably picked up on just from those few lines.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2036803 - 10/23/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

remember when Jesus was transfigured on the mount just before his crucifixtion he came down from the mountain with the white glow upon him only to find his disciples asleep. What dissapointment!!

You actually believe this?

Another Bible example is Moses coming down from the mount only to find his people worshipping a freakin' golden calf!

Maybe they were fed up being told what to believe and did this to spite him.

I'm a relatively shy person and could never ever approach what those two did for mankind

Maybe their intentions were good, but they actually divided mankind by creating/contributing this religion called Christianity. Organized religion exploits people spiritually, mentally, physically and economically. I did not think this up, it is a fact any way you look at it. See for yourself.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Loneliness [Re: chodamunky]
    #2037441 - 10/23/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

remember when Jesus was transfigured on the mount just before his crucifixtion he came down from the mountain with the white glow upon him only to find his disciples asleep. What dissapointment!!

You actually believe this?

You're barking up the wrong tree.
I'm no fan of organized religion.    :lol:

It's irrelevant whether I believe this or not. You may have missed where I said, I'm using the Bible scenes as "not dogma, but as a touchstone". In other words, the Bible contains stories most people are familiar with. I was using them as common reference points, not as literal events, although that is a perfectly respectable position.

--------------------

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
    #2037593 - 10/23/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The way you see things is all unique, and there will be no way anyone looks and percieves something exactly the same as you.

You dont need anyone but yourself when expressing your spirituality; Keep yourself busy and your actions, intentions, and thoughts will draw people who are more like you, who are more on the same level.

But still they won't see what you see.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2039187 - 10/24/03 05:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The quotations i used were actually by Alice A Bailey, she was an "occultist" and wrote many books roughly between 1914-1946. Her work was influenced by certain buddhist masters, and were supposed to be guide books for people who were "aspirants"to that path. 

Ah, good ole Alice. :smile:

That's odd you would mention her, I have read some of her stuff online and found it very enlightening. Her writings on zodiac signs and their corresponding spiritual states were something I'd never encountered before. Maybe I should read more of her writings..

--------------------

Anonymous

#2039855 - 10/24/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

http://beaskund.helloyou.ws/netnews/bk/magic/toc.html

A treatise on white magic has been a great help to me, even just for the things she says about fear etc, and how to deal with it. Half the battle is grappling with the "ye olde" terminology, i am currently reading "esoteric psychology pt5, the rays & the initiations"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals