Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
A Day in the Life
    #2031814 - 10/22/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Ever since I started working overnight (starting four weeks ago and ending TG three weeks from now) my life routine has been really disrupted with some interesting (hopefully) effects.

One thing I've noticed, particularly within the last 24 hours, is a dramatic increase in psychic activity. I'm normally pretty self-contained by default, but lately I've been, for lack of a better word, "bleeding into" my environment. Or more accurately, I and "it" are blending.

I mark the 24 hours by an event that happened (for me) last night, but took place for a person in my time zone just after sunset. I had been lying in bed waiting for sleep which is hard to come by when an overnight schedule forces you to sleep during the day when your bio clock is telling you to be alert.

I was lying on my right side and thought I was in normal "awake mode". In other words I was self-aware and aware that I had a body. I felt the old familiar unusual energetic sensations sweeping thoughout my body, and realized this was an ideal time for a rare (for me), self-willed OBE! I utilized my infrequent normal method of "rolling out". It was working and then I heard a THUMP!!! It was the deep bass thump from a passing car's stereo (not untypical for my street). It rocked my houses windows pretty good, and after trying in vain to regain the state of mind I had possessed, I woke up. Not without some very unspiritual thoughts towards the driver of that damned car I might add!! SOB. I pretty much just took it in stride though- the world has to deal with my own bs, so I guess I have to deal with its.

Ok, this has gotten too long so I will break this up into two posts as per my usual practice. I've got some things I want to get out before I go in to bed.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: A Day in the Life [Re: Jellric]
    #2031827 - 10/22/03 11:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One of the other events happened a few moments ago. I went to a local curb store, and I had "one of those feelings" that something was going to happen that was different. I opened the door, and sure enough there were two women arguing just inside the doorway. As I learned later from the cashier the one woman was caught stealing and was being confronted after she came back to retrieve her own personal items she left after being caught initially. I came in with shades on and kept them on, not wanting to get involved if I didn't have to. I focused my influence towards calming the cashier who witnessed all of this. I did meet the lady who was the store owner's wife on the way out, said "hello" and she said nothing- she should have, but what could I expect after what just happened. Stupid on my part. Clearly I was supposed to do something, but couldn't/wouldn't summon the energy.

To make a long story short, I feel like I was given a "heads up", but it was left up to me how to react. I probably could have done more, but at least I did something. I was, and am, very tired from a night of work so my energy was limited. Maybe I need to learn to expect these things when I'm tired and yet find the energy to deal with them. Maybe I'm trying to control events instead of helping create a channel for them to flow through. Maybe I'm lacking sleep.

I don't know what else to say or ask about this, like I said it's just one human's Day in the Life. (You really should listen to that Beatles song by the way).

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: A Day in the Life [Re: Jellric]
    #2032522 - 10/22/03 03:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

found my way upstairs and had a smoke-somebody spoke and I went into a dream-

Ya I notice a direct correlation between strange sleep patterns and what may be called pyschic ability.
I sometimes feel I am in a half dream state and notice incredible shifts in perceptive ability.interesting post..

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: A Day in the Life [Re: shaggy101]
    #2034946 - 10/23/03 03:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I guess anything that interferes with your everyday routine can have pretty interesting effects on your consciousness. I'm pretty much back to my old self. What happened was that, as I think I mentioned, I've had to work overnight for the past month with three more weeks to go. I started taking melatonin before I go to bed everyday to sort of trick my body into going to sleep. You don't realize how much your body depends on lack of sense input (light, noise, etc.) to cue it to sleep until you start trying to sleep during the day.

Anyway, what no one told me about melatonin was that it does have a tolerance threshold. (Or at least it does with me). I went off it and I mean I could not sleep for shit for a couple days. I guess my bodies own natural melatonin stopped being produced because of the supplements. I had assumed that since it's a naturally occuring substance found in our bodies, there would be no tolerance effect. Boy was I wrong!!

I've been cranky as hell during this time, old bad habits reassert themselves while my guard is down..trying to sleep while school busses roar by and light shines through the window pounding on my head, you go into the back room..less light good, but some guy is pounding on metal OVER and OVER...can't imagine what he could be doing!!.. briefly consider throwing on some clothes, some shades, tracking down the source of the noise, and find the guy, take his hammer and start pounding on HIS head.. how does it feel huh?? lol

Another thing...exercise is so important, folks. Ever since I went overnight a month ago, I got off my exercise routine( I life weights. I'm not a muscle man or anything by any means but I find it has a lot of benefits no other type of exercise does ) and boy exercise really helps release tension! Our old caveman ancestors when someone verbally went off on them, could promptly whip out the ever-handy club and do some damage. We civilized people can't do that at work or social settings unless sanctioned by the state of Nevada.

Well anyway time for my workout..I just got some sleep and hopefully will be a less cranky and more helpful Shroomerite in the future. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology