Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

What's Wrong?
    #2023535 - 10/19/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

About a week ago, a friend and I went and gathered some P. Cubensis we found growing in a cow pasture. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that they were in fact P. Cubensis. They were put in the trunk for the car ride home, and then immediately after getting home, put inside a computer case with a large fan to dry them out. They were left drying for about 2 days, so they were definitely dried out thoroughly by the time I tried them.

The first time I prepared mushroom tea, I washed the mushrooms off very thoroughly, soaked them in water, and even used them squeezed them out like a sponge to remove excess water. I ate a mushroom, felt no effects 2 hours later, so then prepared more mushroom tea and had about 4 mushrooms using same method. I felt slightly different, better mood, and that's about it. Nothing significant. I have never tripped on mushrooms so I can't say I know what to look for.

The next day I tried the same thing without success, so yesterday, I tried fixing some mushroom tea WITHOUT soaking in water, etc. The original feeling I had from eating the first 4 mushrooms was there again, slightly stronger. Still nothing significant...

Today, I had 4 cups of mushroom tea, consisting of 2 mushrooms per cup. The feeling was definitely more heavily magnified, still nothing major though. I even smoked about a gram of mushrooms, and like an 1/8th of a leaf of salvia that I found...Everything seems a bit darker, except for anything bright or "shiny"... they seem to be a bit magnified as far as brightness and standing out goes. I'm definitely not seeing talking gnomes though.

What the hell am I doing wrong? What did I do that destroyed the potency of the mushrooms, or am I just going to have to eat 30 of them to feel anything significant?

Earlier I had some shpongle on, and was in a COMPLETELY relaxed mood, so I know I didn't "blow my buzz" I was looking forward to a great spiritual and enlightening experience today, but unfortunately I can't say I achieved this... Any advice? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChopperDave
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: adoseofparn0z]
    #2023552 - 10/19/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

might not have been cubenis...did you get a spore print? Smoking mushrooms does nothing. Heat destroys psilocybin. Also, you wont be seeing talking gnomes until you get to level 5 and beyond

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2023553 - 10/19/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

whats wrong is you tried to dose how many days in a row?

You took too low of a dose the first time. You should wait atleast 1 week(for tolerance), if not longer to try again.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2023572 - 10/19/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

First off you took too low a dose. Second, you need at LEAST 5 days between trips to let tolerance drop (a week or more is better). Also, I would suggest just eating the shrooms....no way you are gonna lose potency that way.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: What's Wrong? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2023621 - 10/19/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wow this sucks, I only have two big mushies left (6 inches broad or so), and I'm prolly going to sell one. 15 bucks per cap isn't bad... Is that worth it?

--------------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2023718 - 10/19/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you cant be for reals? they go for like 4 grams dried for 20 bucks. If anybody bought a cap for 15 bucks then thats just sad.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: Osker246]
    #2023733 - 10/19/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

a foaf has a 4.2g dry single shroom. $15 for that isn't a bad deal!

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: Osker246]
    #2023737 - 10/19/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i would beat there ass for offering to sell that to me..

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
    #2023841 - 10/19/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

heres something about your methods of dosing thats wrong that i am surprised no one else pointed out. when you dose mushrooms you go by weight and not by the number of mushrooms. the thing about trying to calculate a dose by the number of mushrooms consumed is that it doesn't actually gauge the amount of psilocybin that you put into your body. one mushroom may be as large as 7 grams dry or it may not even be a half of a gram. try eating 2 grams dry after you have let your tolerance go down for a week. if that doesn't get you to the desired effect then try 3 grams a week later. IMO cubensis are not very strong and I usually eat at least 5 grams dry to get decent visuals but i am in no way recommending that dose to someone that is inexperienced with tripping on mushrooms. and to answer your question if $15 was a good price for a cap cant be answered accurately without knowing how much the cap weighs dry. generally in the area that i from 3.5 grams of shrooms goes for $25. even saying how large the cap is length wise is a bad determination because the density of different mushrooms caps is far too variable even if their lengths are about the same.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: What's Wrong? [Re: MilkVein]
    #2023842 - 10/19/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have no idea how much to sell them for, but NO ONE sells shrooms here, so it's pretty much a monopoly...

So if I bought them it would suck ass, but if I sold them for 15, it would kick ass, correct?

--------------------

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
    #2023846 - 10/19/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it depends on the amount that you are selling for $15. if you were selling a gram of mushrooms for 15 that would definitly suck ass. if you sold 3 grams for 15 that would kick ass.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #2024046 - 10/19/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They sound like they may not even be cubes. Mushroom toxins work differently in different people (what didn't make you sick may possibly kill someone else). Selling shrooms you picked is a bad idea if you aren't sure on the ID. It's even worse if you've felt no effects from the "shrooms".

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: What's Wrong? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2024060 - 10/19/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'll try to take the digital camera from work home tomorrow so I can take pictures of the ones I have left, as well as all the info necessary for an ID...It's okay that they're dried for pics correct?

--------------------

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
    #2024499 - 10/20/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

adoseofparn0z said:
I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that they were in fact P. Cubensis.

Really...

What color were the gills?
What kind of bruising did they exhibit and how fast?
What were your prints like?

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: What's Wrong? [Re: longshot]
    #2030071 - 10/21/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Gills were light brown on the inside, then the edges were a darker shade of brown. Bruising was a cross between blue and green, but it still had a brown tint to it..It didnt take long for them to bruise, less than a couple of minutes. I didn't take any prints.

--------------------

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
    #2030551 - 10/21/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineAse
Stranger

Loc: sideways & upsidedown
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2030556 - 10/21/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They probably weren't Cubensis.

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What's Wrong? [Re: Ase]
    #2030893 - 10/21/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Im surprised no one has said this, but read the notes on the top of the forum, Read the FAQS on the shroomery.com, Go find a good book or someone who knows what they are doing before you picking and randomly eating what you find. Judging on what you posted earlier, you dont really know anything abour shrooms, hunting them, or psychedelics for that matter. Im not trying to be an ass, but really, before you do anything, especially a new drug, read up man, know your substances, espcially if they could be potentially posionus when picking them in nature. If you had read the FAQs you would have known about tolerance and wouldn't have wasted all your "Cubensis," you would have also know that smoking them is a waste. Also, you would have known a proper way to dose them and how much to take. And if you had found a good internet source, you might have been able to identify what you found more accurately. Just my two cents here...

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2031034 - 10/21/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

adoseofparn0z said:
The first time I prepared mushroom tea, I washed the mushrooms off very thoroughly, soaked them in water, and even used them squeezed them out like a sponge to remove excess water. I ate a mushroom, felt no effects...

I would think this wash removed a lot of the alkaloids...not sure though.

Quote:

The next day I tried the same thing without success, so yesterday, I tried fixing some mushroom tea WITHOUT soaking in water, etc. The original feeling I had from eating the first 4 mushrooms was there again, slightly stronger. Still nothing significant...

dunno why it didn't work this time.  I would definately wait longer between doses, and verify the identity of these mushrooms, as was said. I would forget the tea until you actually get an effect from these, just eat them, I kinda like the taste.... :smile2: 

--------------------

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: What's Wrong? [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2037314 - 10/23/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have been reading up on mushrooms for at least 4-5 months...Erowid, Google Searches, anti-drug websites etc...

I had taken some tranquilizers prior to writing the original post, so stop acting like I'm an idiot.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck