Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineThe5thElement
Smile Friends :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #20467792 - 08/24/14 12:39 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
Am I being condescending or are you projecting that onto me?  I'm just trying to explain.... I'm sure if we were talking live I could explain it quicker...

No you have been helpful, the picture you put up with the big red words SCREW/STANDOFF thing was unneccessary though, if you read my comments it's clear I know what your talking about I just wanted to make sure.

lllyabo has done nothing but talk shit and it's annoying. I'm not stupid and I don't think I've been spouting unneccessary things while explaining my problem to you guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe5thElement
Smile Friends :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: The5thElement]
    #20467838 - 08/24/14 12:53 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Anyways yes, the MB isn't directly on the tray and it looks fine. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: The5thElement]
    #20467862 - 08/24/14 01:00 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The5thElement said:
No you have been helpful, the picture you put up with the big red words SCREW/STANDOFF thing was unneccessary though, if you read my comments it's clear I know what your talking about I just wanted to make sure.

lllyabo has done nothing but talk shit and it's annoying. I'm not stupid and I don't think I've been spouting unneccessary things while explaining my problem to you guys.

Sorry man, it wasn't clear to me because you said "Yes I remember the center nub sticked out and that's what I put the standoff on."  Maybe you meant "what I put the motherboard on", because you just rest the motherboard onto the nub and it sits on all the preinstalled standoffs...

not to mention I've been drinking and toking away :tongue:  Anyways, I just habitually ignore Illyabo, haven't paid a word of attention to a thing he has said this entire conversation :lol:

This quote still confuses me

Quote:

Yes I remember the center nub sticked out and that's what I put the standoff on. The MB is about a cm off the case to answer your other question; honestly I don't think I've done it wrong I just wanted to make sure because I watched a video and the dude mentioned the 9 standoff thing.

You put the motherboard on the nub, and you stuck something on top of the nub you are calling a standoff?  Whatever it is, it doesn't belong there. You just sit the motherboard on the nub and put in the screws...

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Edited by CosmicJoke (08/24/14 01:16 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: Konyap]
    #20470947 - 08/24/14 05:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Computer shit can be confusing to a lot of folks, I've seen way way worse. Don't be so condescending

Yes the motherboard should be sitting on at least 9 standoffs. Every new case I've built / bought in the past few years has came with 9 standoffs already pre-installed for the standard ATX configuration. The corsair cases have a little peg where the middle standoff would be and you attach that to center it and attach 8 screws I believe. If the standoffs are not preinstalled, they should come with the case AND with the motherboard in some cases.

You do have the standoffs installed under the motherboard correct? They should look like the pic slutty posted, thing on the left

That is what it should be screwing into, should not be screwed directly into the motherboard tray. As long as those are installed properly you have nothing to worry about.

--------------------

OfflineGimmeGot
Stranger
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: Shroomism]
    #20474706 - 08/25/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

newegg
tigerdirect
compusa

All of these are pretty good and tend to have some good deals.

OfflineShootinD5nukes
High Voltage
Male

Loc: East coast
Re: What's a good site to buy computer parts? + look at my setup [Re: GimmeGot]
    #20475086 - 08/25/14 02:53 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't search this entire thread so if this has already been said just laugh at me but.........

$2000 and your considering an i5????? no no nooooooooo.  Go i7 bro.  Make sure to get a K version also.  such as i7-4***K

Good luck

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

Why would anyone want Mac or Windows?  Windows never quits shoving updates down your throat and Mac is just so expensive for the same exact hardware that's in a PC. 

Go Linux.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder