Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebum
journeyman

Trip stoppers?
    #1974540 - 10/02/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and it first came out with my first trip on three grams of copelandia cyanescens from ngeurotrade. Needless to say I had a horrible absolutely horrible trip. Two more after that were just as bad, of course proportioned to the amount of mushrooms I ate. (second trip was a half gram of cyans, still a horrible trip, third was 20 wet grams of fresh home-grown cubes, which was also horrible)

Anyway, I'm on Paxil now, and amazingly it cleared it all up but I'm positive if I were to eat mushrooms I would have a bad trip again. I ate a gram and a half of dried a while ago and didn't trip much at all but a wave of intense fear passed over me. It's that bad.

I would like to trip and have fun, so I'm thinking about valium or xanax, but I heard other things can stop a trip if I'm in dire need of help. Milk? Ice cream? Niacin? What can help stop a trip? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: bum]
    #1974613 - 10/02/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

stoping a trip?

what a waste

shesh

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1975088 - 10/03/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bum said:
I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and it first came out with my first trip on three grams of copelandia cyanescens from ngeurotrade.

So your saying you got your anxiety from that trip? If any hallucinogen started giving me mental problems, I would stop immediately.
Shrooms aren't the only hallucinogen, maybe you should try something else. I haven't had a good trip on shrooms yet. I've used them three times and they all turned out bad. I've stopped for a long period now. But the trips didn't interfere with my normal life. I'm currently exploring Salvia, and thinking about doing shrooms again in a low dose.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1975154 - 10/03/03 05:01 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

cybr... thing is, I want to trip sooooooo bad... I want to explore my mind, etc. etc. Do you think I'd have success with other hallucinogens? I've done Salvia... before my disorder, and I broke through, felt realllllly stoned, but with that salvia twist to it, no anxiety or anything. Not even a small dose of mush is calm for me. I read up a bit on past posts, look like Valium or Xanax is the way to go.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1975906 - 10/03/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bum said:
I've done Salvia... before my disorder, and I broke through, felt realllllly stoned, but with that salvia twist to it

Just feeling really stoned is nothing like breaking through. IMO when you break through, your whole world and ego get warped, or even further; totally disintegrate and form something new, and not understandable while sober. A breakthrough is intimidating and humbling.

It's up to you ofcourse. But if shrooms caused anxiety even after the trip, I would watch out. It could get worse. Not trying to scare you or anything.
You could try other hallucinogens. HBWR seems like something a lot of people try, but I have yet to try that.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1976515 - 10/03/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I only said breakthrough because I had a tolerance for it... I wasn't able to feel anything for the first five times I tried it.

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
    #1977134 - 10/03/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

bum, if you are interested in exploring your subconscious, may I suggest Stephen LaBerge's book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming". Or maybe you should try high doses of DXM. That's a psychadelic substance that doesn't seem to give very many people anxiety. It's very cheap as well. But don't over do it. Or maybe one of the 2c's. Check out www.erowid.org , research the different substances available to you. Shrooms just don't strike everyone's fancy.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: MisterKite]
    #1977270 - 10/03/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Smoke some herb along with the mushies. It will really help you out.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: SixCee]
    #1977421 - 10/03/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't think smoking MJ would help calm a trip if you are prone to anxiety or have slight paranoia while stoned.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1978720 - 10/04/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Please PLEASE listen to me and think long and hard about it.

When you study psychedelics you encounter two two phrases throughout the scientific literature.

"May intensify or manifest pre-existing psychologic disturbances"
"May cause serious psychologic disturbances"

Now these things you should not just shake off as "bullshit propaganda" because they're TRUE. There is a risk involved with their use, and for some these risks are larger then for others.

You describe your GAD came out after your first session. Subsequent sessions (including one on half a gram of P.Cyan.) have given you anxiety attacks or at least were quite negative experiences.

The message is clear. You are NOT the one to use mushrooms or LSD, at least not yet. You are being kept a happy camper by Paxil use. This is a pharmacologically aided balance. Should you take mushrooms (again) and be sent off to Hellraisercountry (again) this balance may be nullified, meaning that afterwards Paxil can't prevent you from being in hell. Should after a year or so the Paxil be tapered and you're OK you can blow it all by taking a single dose of mushrooms and the like taking you back (or below) square one, called a drug-induced relapse.

Now I understand perfectly why you would want to imbide. Some wonderful stories go all around the www about psychedelics, that makes any adventurous spirit want to take them on.

But psychedelics are not for everyone. And if you take mushrooms for your virgin session and afterwards get a chronic anxiety condition serious enough to be labeled GAD and being put on 24/7 pharms for, you can safely assume psychedelics are HARMFUL for you.

On the doctors chair I say: "You have shown a liability to strong detrimental mental after-effects upon first administration"
On the tripguide's chair I say: "Psychedelics pick up your life and throw it in your face to cope with right then and there. It is not a weakness of your spirit but a fact you were unable to handle this on all occasions to the point of losing a grip on yourself instead of fortifying it."

If you want to have a good time in your particular case psychedelics are one of the least likely places to find this.

If you want to explore your mind, use other paths.
Try sleep deprivation, start out with a 48-hour day once a month tops and if you learn how to go with that you may get more out of it than most tripreports I've read.

Practice self hypnosis to get more grip on your life AND bliss you to the brim! If you want to and learn how, you can get there within a few weeks of 1/2 hour a day practicing. Info's all over the www. Good self-hypnosis can be more uplifting, insightful, life-changing and wonderful than 99% of drug experiences as people have them. Self hypnosis can make you high for life if you do it right :evil:

If you're bent on taking psychedelics I'd say very cautiously experiment with Salvia, lying down with closed eyes in silence, absorbing all of it.

I strongly disrecommend you taking psychedelics because they may ruin  for your life for months or years on end.
Take this with as many grains of salt you wish, but please give it as much thought as the half-hour it took me to read up on GAD and write this post for you.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: Trip stoppers? [Re: Asante]
    #1979030 - 10/04/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I couldn?t have said it better Wiccan Seeker.

Bam, tripping now and/or combining it with other medicine/drugs is asking for trouble. I suggest you at least wait until you?re off Paxil and feeling well without antidepressants.

As for trip stoppers, you will get the best effects with
antipsychotic medicine. There is a somewhat similar mechanism in hallucinations caused by psychedelics and those caused by a psychosis.
The best one for reversing the actions of hallucinogens is spiperone, though it might be a bit hard to get.

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Offlinelowercase
Drifter

revelations [Re: Asante]
    #1980084 - 10/04/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sage advice Wiccan. Try getting your life in order before you do anything more. Psychedelics open up your mind, and if it isn't in very good condition then you could be forced to confront something you're not comfortable with or go mad entirely. Everybody with experience eventually has or has had a bad or unpleasant experience. Personally, my most terrifying experience was on unknown pills I took at a party - I'll never make that mistake again.

I don't smoke weed much anymore because I almost inevitably get a bit paranoid. I can SEE that I'm just paranoid, I know there's nothing really wrong, but my heart races and I'm uncomfortable regardless. On the other hand, I've had intense, life-changing personal revelations as a result of psychedelics that I know have improved me as a person. It's a double edged sword.

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Offlinesalviadog
Stranger

Re: revelations [Re: lowercase]
    #1982505 - 10/05/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I had horrible panic attacks from high doses of marijuana the first couple times I took it. I ended up fainting in class. After two years they are pretty much totally gone. Now, I've never taken shrooms so I can't say anything on that. However, I've taken a retardedly high dose of syrian rue so I can comment on that. Harmala alkaloids have are a wonderful anti-anxiety medication. They've cleared whatever residual anxiety I had. Now I've never done this, but if I ever take shrooms I am definately predosing with syrian rue. It only makes sense for me. And you can use less shrooms to get you where you want to go. I think with that combination my anxiety wouldn't act up again. Again, I've never tried the combo, but maybe you should read up on it.

--------------------
Happiness is not being smart enough to know what to worry about.

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
Re: revelations [Re: salviadog]
    #1983582 - 10/06/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Here's an excerpt from the Psilocybe mushroom FAQ:

" The effects of psilocybin can be potentiated (made stronger) by taking them with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). The potency is roughly doubled, according to most reports. The best known MAOIs are harmine and harmaline from the plant Peganum harmala (Syrian rue). Combining MAOIs and tryptamines is an unsafe activity; not only are there are number of substances you must avoid during use to prevent a serious hypertensive crisis, but the long-term health effects are unknown. If you wish to know more, consult the Tryptamine FAQ. Personally, I doubt it's worth the risk, if you pick or grow shrooms it's easy to get enough shrooms for a double dose. "

Maybe you shouldn?t try combining MAOI and shrooms...

:shake:

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: revelations [Re: ummikko]
    #1984475 - 10/06/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ambien, Klonopin, Valium, and the number one Phenobarbital.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Offlinemy_ankle_hurts
Stranger
Re: revelations [Re: InjectTruth]
    #2029432 - 10/21/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry if I sound stupid (this is my first post, and i know hardly anything about mushrooms), but does valium just make you settle down if you start to have a bad trip? Or does it actually make your trip end?

Edited by my_ankle_hurts (10/21/03 04:35 PM)

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: revelations [Re: my_ankle_hurts]
    #2029468 - 10/21/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Valium would smooth out your trip and make you less paranoid, it gives you a really good mindset.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinemy_ankle_hurts
Stranger
revelations [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2030134 - 10/21/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks cubieman. So if you take valium, is it like a 100% chance of a good trip? I only ask because I've never tripped before, but i might be soon. So i'm worried about freaking out and whatnot.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: revelations [Re: my_ankle_hurts]
    #2031113 - 10/21/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No, nothing you do could ever make it a 100% chance of a good trip,if its you're first trip I would suggest simply eating less than 2g's and you won't have to worry about anything. And also, before you eat shrooms with valium you should eat the valium by itself to see how it effects you.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2031198 - 10/22/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The sure way to stop a trip is to not consume the substance.

Stop fighting the mushroom's effects, and you may actually ENJOY a trip or two.. go with the flow, and remember that EVERY DAMN TIME YOU TRIP YOU FREAK OUT BUT THEN EVERYTHING'S FINE AFTERWARDS, so try a trip without freaking out because everything's going to be fine afterwards.

"Hopefully."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds