Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
Fasting :day 2:
    #2029479 - 10/21/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

lately i have found myself becoming more dependent on stimulents...and just in poor health...i smoke tobaco, and pot...and it was hard to quite smoking pot lately...."i had to for court"....but i pushed the deadline"....i need to really prove to myself the diffrence in what my body need and what my body, and mind want....so i will be starting the "juice fast"...it is going to be so hard i have smoked cigarettes for like 4 years now....and it is time to stop...so i guess i will post everyday about what i am going trough...the first 3 days are sposed to be the hardest....so wish me luck!...

day 2.

not feeling that hungry...good point made above...i dont really have a high percent body fat...so i know i will start to loose muscle mass....i have lost 6lb since yesturday....i am loosing more water weight that i was expecting...at least so fast!...well one time in 9th grade...i lost 9 lbs in a day for wrestling...im not feeling tired really...just a slight "uneasy" feeling..

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Edited by MilkVein (10/22/03 02:46 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: MilkVein]
    #2029838 - 10/21/03 08:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

good luck man, you sound like you know what you are in for, im sure you will be fine, and better than ever soon

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: tak]
    #2030131 - 10/21/03 09:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

went to the market today, and got some apple juice and some green tea......it is just day one still, and damit burger king smelled so fucking good when i drove by!

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

#2030167 - 10/21/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

get brambleberry tea... :wink:
good luck on your fasting!

--------------------

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Re: Fasting :day 1: *DELETED* [Re: MazzyStar]
    #2030197 - 10/21/03 10:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by OOKLA

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: OOKLA]
    #2030353 - 10/21/03 10:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh, and i weigh a 145lbs.....today...so i will see how much weight i loose...and i am 5'6

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2030498 - 10/21/03 11:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've been interested in doing a fast like this as well (to clean out the toxins). How safe is it to just drink tea and juice for two weeks? How long should one 'fast' for, or is it a "know your body" type deal? What juices/teas would you recommend?

Hope it goes well for you MV

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2031629 - 10/22/03 07:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

How long do you plan on fasting?
My friend (literally, not me) water fasted for 50 days recently and wound up looking like a concentration camp survivor (particularly his face, which I'm not going to show you)

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: zeta]
    #2031697 - 10/22/03 09:11 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i plan on fasting for 20 days...

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #2032043 - 10/22/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I will not wish you luck with the starvation part.

Please do not do this. A juice-fast, especially one of TWENTY DAYS, is a severe form of self abuse. You are damaging your body in a severe way.

Your body will need its protein. Juices carry none. Let's assume you're not big and only need 50 grams a day.. Well: willpower is not going to suspend your protein needs, so you need to get it some other place. Guess where this will be coming from? If you ever been up all night and watched the home shopping network due to an acute shortage of hard drugs you'll know this will come from your MUSCLE MASS.

So just on protein metabolism you will lose a kilo. Er.. of pure protein. If you take butt of bull (dunno what that beef is called in english) which is mostly muscle, you will find it contains about 25% protein. In case hunger has demented you already (starvation causes brain damage in the long run) I will do the math for you.

20 days times 50gr = 1 kg protein = 4 kg/10 lbs MUSCLE MASS LOSS.

Now you're going to lose at least 10 lbs, guaranteed, but it would be the bare minimum of muscle loss you will suffer. Now my biceps is about a kilo of muscle. I can lift 100lbs with ease with that. In fact I can hoist up my 250lbs of glorious rippling FAT by it in the gym. Now thats a kilo of muscle. So I can guarantee you you will lose a bare minimum of some 500-1.000 lbs of muscle strength throughout your body. Healthy indeed!

If you really must insist on your highly unhealthy fast and really want to scratch solids for some 500 hours then for the love of god include at least a litre of milk into your regimen along with high-dose vitamins, because the free radicals (the stuff that does the damage of aging, cancer etc) will go up like you were a ten-pack-a-day smoker.

If you want to test your willpower take a glob of haba?ero hotsauce on your finger and then apply it to your anus. If you can refrain from loudly reciting obscure religious texts that didn't quite make it into the king james bible (despite them generally dealing with the Lord, the act of copulation and all sorts of sins) you've got some willpower, but if you three hours later re-apply an equal amount you can safely assume you've got some willpower.

I can vouch for the fact that plugged peppers are several times more intense than oral ones and generally have an uniquely sharp stinging to them which is quite memorable. Should you decide to go for a regimen you can expect a nearly complete loss of local pain response within a week of three-times-a-day application.

If this sounds insane to you you should consider that the capsicum plugging will be medically harmless (in fact it can be beneficial for people suffering from chronic rectal pain, but they should start out with a very low pungency and very slowly work that up. This is NOT a joke) while your little Dr. Auschwitz Diet will absolutely do measureable damage to your muscle mass and other, more delicate systems.

That you will give up those drugs is absolutely great! It will be a grand deed for your body and mind. It will need lots of courage and willpower, so don't tax your willpower further by also implementing this starvation diet. Even if you hog out on junkfood for the full 20 days it will be healthier then that fast and the beneficial effects of quitting all that shite will be enormous. Eat good food, eat bad food but EAT dammit!

I want you OFF drugs, ON top of things and AT the dinnertable!!
We'll check up on you so you'd better be clean because when you least expect it 3D and an army of mods will kick in your door and subject you to the Shroomery pisstest!

"Visualise a hamburger.. It lies in front of you. You can see some steam coming off it. Nice soft buns with crispy salad and that yum-yum meat.. You can smell it! You can really smell it now! That big juicy burger.. oww how good it will taste. Bite down on it! Taste it! You want it! You know you want it! Your mouth is watering right now because you want it, you crave it! See the burger.. smell and taste the burger! BE the burger! It can be yours, it really can! Get off your ass and get it! Get that burger! You know you want it! Sink your teeth into the sweet bread.. the juicy meat.. the crispy veggies! Get off your ass and get it! The place is still open! GOGOGO !!

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Edited by Asante (10/22/03 12:45 PM)

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: Asante]
    #2032087 - 10/22/03 12:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is something he has decided to do. Other people do it and they don't die from it or get brain damage from it or anything like that. He is a strong and smart person and if he didn't think he could do it or that it would severely hurt him then he wouldn't do it. If you're going to be negative and non supportive then there's no need to respond..

--------------------

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 2: [Re: MazzyStar]
    #2032415 - 10/22/03 02:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

Edited by MilkVein (10/22/03 03:04 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: MazzyStar]
    #2032489 - 10/22/03 03:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If you think I'm being negative and non-supportive you completely misunderstood my post. I have sound knowledge regarding nutrition and I know for a fact that 20 days on juices is quite detrimental to anyones health.

He's planning on conquering hard drug addictions. Now that requires a lot of courage and willpower I can assure you from my own experience. He seems motivated enough to go the distance. But aside from being unhealthy a fast will tax him quite substantially. Now I believe he wrote something to the effect of some 150lbs. Unless he's 5' like a friend of mine this isn't a weight problem to engage into a strict diet for. And even then a fast of a whopping 20 days is never the answer. When you go on a fast you get HIGH, but in a way that's detrimental to your health. Too many people mistake this feeling for healthiness.

I genuinely want to help him do the right thing. Like everybody here I can only give him support and advice because he has to do all of it himself. If I knew him in RL I'd move in for a couple of weeks to march this road with him but we're 1.000 miles of cable and two satellites apart. If he gets off the stims and the cigs the rest will be gravy. Right now he's a lion so I won't treat him like a pussy.
If you see this as negativity and unsupportiveness you misunderstand.

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

#2032506 - 10/22/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

damn i wish i felt that cared for at home!.....LOL

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

Anonymous #1

#2032543 - 10/22/03 03:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Right on man, keep it up

A 50 day fast, I could never go more than 3 weeks!

Don't listen to that Wiccan_Seeker fool

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: ]
    #2032664 - 10/22/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

*Don't listen to that Wiccan_Seeker fool*

LOL something that comes out of butt castle can't be good.
Return your majesty! Your kingdom of shit needs you :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

#2032735 - 10/22/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ok sorry

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Re: Fasting :day 1: [Re: MazzyStar]
    #2033055 - 10/22/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hey sokay! we're all on the same side here

--------------------

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

#2033338 - 10/22/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

indeed....i love everyone at the shroomery...BUT I HATE GLOWING ELEVEN...i dont even know her...and she gave me a rating of 1...WTF...

--------------------
I've been first and last
Rolling home to you.

OfflineoOToadstoolOo
    #2034702 - 10/23/03 02:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I am very confused......when I was reading your post it said you were going to stop doing drugs and I was like cool shit. Then your talking about starving yourself...WTF? Y the fuck would you fucking fast? At 150 fucking pounds! EAT SOMETHING DON'T FUCKING PUNISH YOURSELF! If someone could please explain to me Y your saying to go for it that would be great cuz I don't understand? Y are you fasting, to get rid of toxins? There are other healthier options that wopuld work great if that's the case, if it's something else than what?

I feel like I'm missing something or maybe in this case ignorance really is bliss....My 220 pound ass is gonna eat something! :confused:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being