Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCaliLove
Terrarium Setup
    #2029034 - 10/21/03 04:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Would a dual output fish tank air pump that pumps 2800 cc of air per minute connected to six 10inche air stones work for a 50 gallon Rubbermaid continually operating work with additional perlite on the bottom? I figured that 2800 cc is a little more than .7 gallons of air per minute so it should take 1 hour and 8 minutes to completely fill the Rubbermaid with fresh air. Should I make the hole maybe an hour or two after sealed and filled with fresher air in the bottom of the terrarium an inch above the perlite to let old air out? I'll probably be placing cased 9X9 tins on the perlite.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: CaliLove]
    #2029176 - 10/21/03 05:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Search for the Poor Mans Pod thread and read it through, you will find all your answers there.

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

Anonymous

#2031681 - 10/22/03 08:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dont bother with the bullshit.. all i use is a 50 gallon tuppaware with a bag of pearlite + water at the bottom.. keeps 90% humidity all the time.. just fan it a few times a day.. im having great results

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: ]
    #2031727 - 10/22/03 09:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

prozak -Isnt not having to fan kinda the point?

with the air pump ur kinda killing two birds with one stone... u take care of the humidity and the air exchange.
looks like ur on the right track cali...

if my calculations are right and if 1cc=1mL
in ur 50gal rubbermaid u have a total of 189,280mL (+/- a lil to account for the space that ur perlite and water will take up) with ur pump pushing out 2800cc/m u get 168000ml/hour.. so that is just under 1 air exhange per hour

if i am wrong someone please correct me its a lil early for all these numbers...

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Edited by Seraph (10/22/03 10:02 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: Seraph]
    #2031765 - 10/22/03 10:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I guess if you dont want to do anything and just have them grow that would work, but just looking at them to see how they are growing 1-2 times a day is enough air exchange.. seems to me theres more trouble trying to figure out what to do with the air pump than its worth..

just my .02 i think pearlite is easy and pretty maintnace free

Offlinejimmyjammer1
Cultivator ofFungi
Loc: USA
    #2031809 - 10/22/03 10:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Prozak what's up can you say CREEEEEEEEEPPPPPEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSS

Very soon!!!!

Waiting on one more pice in the mail then it's innoculation time.

KB

--------------------
I have finally harvested my first crop. 3 flushes and almost 4 ounces. Mixture of cakes and cases.

This is fun stuff!!

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
    #2031812 - 10/22/03 10:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have only done two perlite and fanning grow and i have gotten rather poor results due to lack of humidity and proper air exchange. So i am currently working on building something thats automated...like magash's pmp. it may seem like there is more trouble in working all the details out but i will find out if it pays off in the end.. from the looks of things it definately does...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: Seraph]
    #2031825 - 10/22/03 11:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

use about two to three inches of perlite in the bottom. make sure
ur tupperware is clear. i don't know how anybody could have bad results. fan three times a day. ive pulled ounces and ounces from my 12 dollar terrarium set up.

InvisibleFick_Duck
Truffle Shuffle
Male

Loc: The Hamburger Train
Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #2032272 - 10/22/03 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"I guess if you dont want to do anything and just have them grow that would work, but just looking at them to see how they are growing 1-2 times a day is enough air exchange.. seems to me theres more trouble trying to figure out what to do with the air pump than its worth..

just my .02 i think pearlite is easy and pretty maintnace free "

I dont see how a life time of bieng chained to your terrarium 1-2 times a day (which by the way doesnt provide sufficient air exchange) is more trouble than doing some simple math for one minute, the air pump is simple as hell and alllows you to live a normal life (provided you have one) without sayin to yourself all the time "yeah I would do that, but i gotta go fan my shrooms."
And perlite is not easy, its the stickiest gettin everywhereist pain in the ass there is, geolites the way to go.

--------------------
"To know life you must fuck it in the liver." -Dr. Frankenstein, Andy Warhols Frankenstein

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Terrarium Setup [Re: Fick_Duck]
    #2032328 - 10/22/03 02:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

fish tank bubblers are awesome and a great idea for people who are not home enough to provide adequate air exchanges. Hook it up to a cup or tray (anything to hold water) and put the output in there, it will also help increase rH and you can run it 24/7. put some perlite in the cup/tray or get a diffuser stone to make smaller bubbles and help the water from evaporating as quickly. You will have to exchange the water now and again and throw a douse of H202 in there to be extra careful about sending in the contam air, unlesss you have a filter box built for your air pump. If you want to go the extra step involving a bit more, but not tons more money then check out the poor man's pod.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleCaliLove
    #2033050 - 10/22/03 05:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for all the great ideas and facts. The automated part of things really help I'll upload some pics when I'm done building it. Just got the remaining parts today.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation