Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project
    #20274062 - 07/14/14 10:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

anyone go? i had some friends who were there who seem to be saying it was absolutely miserable

https://www.facebook.com/TheHudsonProject

Quote:

The Hudson Project.
Since there was no Bisco this year I decided to take some time off and try a new festival. Lets just say if it wasn't for friends I've met along the way it would have been one of the most miserable experiences I've ever had. The reasons are as follow...
1. Starting off entering the festival, security was the craziest things I have ever seen before. The car search was normal, but State Troopers were pulling over and ripping apart cars for no reason, other than the driver fits the profile of a festival goer. There were usually in excess of a dozen K9 units, plus mounted patrol and assorted State Troopers at all three checkpoints that had to be crossed in order to even get near a stage. It felt like entering a concentration camp to say the least, it was a very unfriendly experience, and people were being cuffed and manhandled left and right for even the most minute infraction of the law. You had to dump any water in your bladder or water bottle, open packs of cigarettes were grabbed out of your hand, and the pat downs were excessive, took forever, were extremely invading and included the emptying of my wallet in poorly lit areas.
2. I have prescription medication that needs to be taken at certain times throughout the day, it was not allowed in. I to walk approximately an hour to and an hour back from my truck each time I had to take it, but beyond that my truck is a hot environment which is against doctor recommendations for storing the meds. That means, instead of carrying my pills with me, I had to leave the event completely for 2 hours just to take a pill.
3. There was mounted patrol walking in and out of the festival grounds and campsites. Horses are like dogs, they crap wherever they want. The horse feces was not picked up and left in the middle of high traffic walkways that were already restrained by tall metal fences.
4. There was not enough room to camp. The space set aside for camping filled quickly and the few staff that could be found had no clue where to send arriving campers leaving us to wander around the festival grounds with all our camping gear for hours trying to find a place to set up shop.
5. I was accused of lacing my tin of Skoal Straight with hallucinogens, narcotics, and a variety of other drugs by State Police, which is a cool idea, but in all seriousness.........ITS A TIN OF CHEW
6. It was not a happy environment to spend a weekend, the place felt like a concentration camp. Everything was fenced in, and lead to a feeling of confinement in many areas. Not to mention generator driven lights every 50 ft that stayed on all night and were extremely loud. They claimed there was a noise curfew of 2 am and would yell at or arrest you for playing music or just plain laughing with friends at camp. Regardless of asking nicely multiple times, staff would not shut off the generator light right next to our campsite because "the microphone and surveillance cameras attached to it wouldn't be able to film "illegal nighttime activities". Over the span of 5 days I did not meet a single staff member that could help me, that was in any way shape or form KIND or COURTEOUS and usually the only time you could find one was when they were stopping people from having fun. Also, the bathroom situation was literally something you would expect in a concentration camp. Emptied once a day, and received no attention after Saturday night. Little or no toilet paper was provided by the waste management company.
7. It was announced that severe weather would delay set times on Sunday afternoon. This delay quickly led to a complete cancellation of the festival along with sets that attracted most to the festival in the first place. NOTE it was announce over social media, our camp was only informed by hearsay and it only gave us 15 minutes of preparation for the supposed "tornado" that was coming. It should also be stated that the festival grounds is located in/adjacent a large wetland system. Human (from overflowing port-o-potties) along with horse waste was flushed into large pools of standing water that covered most, if not all of the campground. It lead to a horrible smell and caused many campers to leave and completely abandon their gear, others chose to carry it through the cesspool. NOTE we weren't informed by a staff member that sever weather was coming, no loudspeaker announcement was made, but mounted police and a staff member showed up to arrest some people having fun in the mud.......while the staff member was smoking a J.
8. The cancellation started with a complete evacuation and because of swampy conditions, many people (some under the influence of very powerful drugs and alcohol) were forced to leave after pregaming. Most got stuck, but the fortunate ones that made it out were then subject to K9 car searched and some arrested on multiple counts of driving under the influence, even after physically forced by State Police to get in their car and leave. Oh and I didn't have a problem getting out, and I could have helped pull out those in need if the logging chain in my truck wasn't confiscated upon arrival. So much for emergency planning...
I would hope after reading this, any of my friends that enjoy festivals will never attend the Hudson Project or any other festivals organized by the same company. It was a complete disaster, although the first two days were ok, the trauma of the whole experience was far too much to ignore. Most are asking for a refund of a third of their three day pass, I think the whole charge should be refunded strictly out of the conditions we all were subjected to. I didn't get to see the musicians I payed almost $300 to see, the government completely infringed upon my rights, and the atmosphere of the entire festival was extremely negative.
The police were there strictly to make an example out of people and prove to all that they will do what they want, when they want. Their goal was to instill fear, obedience, and make it known to all they are not here to help us, or protect us, but rather to round us up and control us. It was not to help or protect the public, it was made known that they were going perform unauthorized, relentless searches of our person and personal property with any and all available resources.
It seemed more like Cuomo hosted a large scale sting, rather than the relaxing weekend retreat. I want to make it known that I don't use drugs, I like to drink and have a good time with my friends. At this music festival I was treated like an animal, like an inmate in a prison. I was separated by my gender, profiled, subjected to multiple illegal searches by State Police, and personal items were unlawfully seized. Not to mention the venue pretty much stealing my money for music I didn't get to enjoy. I think we all need to use this weekend as a wake up call, stand up to authority and to our government. We are no longer a free country, and this is proof, I am a law abiding citizen, I volunteer actively in my community and I am a college student, but was profiled to the enth degree this weekend solely based on the type of music I enjoy.
We all deserve a refund, we payed for a product and instead, spent a day living in filth and an overwhelming sense of control and fear. I am young, I deserve to have a good time, listen to the music I want to listen to, and attend events as I wish. My rights as a citizen of this country were dragged through the mud this weekend. We have fought wars to save people from conditions like these, and look, they are happening right here in our backyard, it is terrorism, and it needs to end now.

one of the comments from their fb page

tl;dr - first 2 days were good, third day SEVERE weather came in, they did a poor job of warning people, when the weather came in it created havoc like people leaving gear in shit filled ponds of water, peoples cars getting stuck in the wetlands they decided to have their festival in and then werent letting the local people help get them out because it was "unsafe". now everyone wants a refund and is bitching...ridiculous amounts of cops, and some other petty bullshit

put on by the same company that did bisco if that means anything :shrug:

everyone is demanding refunds because the big names were supposedly supposed to play sunday night and got cancelled, so people paid all the money for the tickets to see their favorite acts at the end of the weekend and it gets cancelled

think they deserve the refund? how much of a refund?

--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSundrop
 User Gallery

Loc: tennessee
Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: trippinballs420]
    #20274122 - 07/14/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have a few friends that just got to leave a couple of hours ago.  They said there are still a ton of people stuck.  They were charging 50$ a person to tow your car out of the mud, haha.

Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: Sundrop]
    #20274155 - 07/14/14 10:38 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

wow that truly sounds terrible

--------------------

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: Sundrop]
    #20274197 - 07/14/14 10:45 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sundrop said:
I have a few friends that just got to leave a couple of hours ago.  They said there are still a ton of people stuck.  They were charging 50$ a person to tow your car out of the mud, haha.

daaamn dude. yeah 13hrs ago their fb page posted somehting about still getting cars out :lol: fuck man that sucks

and apparently there were some people tryin to goof off in the mud and they got arrested cause they werent evacuating :lol:

total shit show from my understanding (at least in the end)

--------------------
ModestMouse said:

OfflineXero1
Stranger

#20274326 - 07/14/14 11:10 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

No Bassnectar performance... Fuck that. The line up was good but hes all I would really of cared to see.

On a side note they refunded everyone for the last day to save some face.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: Xero1]
    #20274336 - 07/14/14 11:13 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

subscribed.  I hate that production company.

also on their facebook they said they were towing people for free?

--------------------

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: teamkiller] * 1
    #20274343 - 07/14/14 11:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If people bought Sunday tickets all of it should be refunded.  If people bought camping passes 1/3rd should be refunded.  All of them should learn not to go to dumb fests.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20274382 - 07/14/14 11:24 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
subscribed.  I hate that production company.

also on their facebook they said they were towing people for free?

its possible the event staff was towing people for free, but i bet they were working so slow it wouldve taken a week to get everyone out....they probably got some towing companies to come and offer services that would take much less time and be wya more convenient than waiting for event staff :shrug: just speculation

Quote:

The Doobie Dude said:
If people bought Sunday tickets all of it should be refunded.  If people bought camping passes 1/3rd should be refunded.  All of them should learn not to go to dumb fests.

i agree 1000%

also the fest shoulda had a better evacuation plan for this type of thing

--------------------
ModestMouse said:

Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

#20274399 - 07/14/14 11:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trippinballs420 said:
i agree 1000%

as do i

--------------------

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
    #20274403 - 07/14/14 11:30 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I can't even fathom paying 300 dollars for what has been described here as such a shockingly horrible experience

I've been to small local fests around my area which are nicely laid back and relaxed

But this boggles my mind

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #20274421 - 07/14/14 11:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

$300 plus food and water plus transportation plus drugs plus buying stuff from vendors.  You are looking at $750 at least for me.  Yeah $300 is strictly for the 3 days but to me everything goes into that choice to go to a fest.  That being said I wouldn't be caught dead at a fest like that and waste my hard earned money.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #20274428 - 07/14/14 11:37 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

i'm doing some research now.  They never adequately prepare for the rain that happens every year.

Like off the top of my head, i'm pretty sure they could have laid down enough sand to stop the festival from turning to shit, for 1/1000th the cost of booking bassnectar.

--------------------

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

#20274434 - 07/14/14 11:38 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

again, totally agree...a lot of extra money was wasted and people are in jail for the events that happened :thumbdown:

but yeah i never woulda gone :lol: my one friend who went works for a festival journalism thing and was covering the festy so she wasnt even there for the fun, she was there on business and got screwed over

--------------------
ModestMouse said:

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: teamkiller]
    #20274442 - 07/14/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
i'm doing some research now.  They never adequately prepare for the rain that happens every year.

Like off the top of my head, i'm pretty sure they could have laid down enough sand to stop the festival from turning to shit, for 1/1000th the cost of booking bassnectar.

yeah apparently the site is directly adjacent to a well known flood/wetlands, and i believe yuo have to drive through it to get out, or thats where camping was or something and everyone got stuck and fucked

apparently the portopots overflowed and a lot of human excrament was mixed in with all the rain water, turning the mud into giant cesspools which is what caused people to abandon gear

--------------------
ModestMouse said:

Invisiblewhatsgrimace
Stranger
Male

#20274446 - 07/14/14 11:41 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Doobie Dude said:
$300 plus food and water plus transportation plus drugs plus buying stuff from vendors.  You are looking at $750 at least for me.  Yeah $300 is strictly for the 3 days but to me everything goes into that choice to go to a fest.  That being said I wouldn't be caught dead at a fest like that and waste my hard earned money.

From the sounds of it you would have had a hard time getting any drugs into there.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

#20274447 - 07/14/14 11:42 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I think this festival is a perfect example of what happens when you get greedy.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: whatsgrimace]
    #20274452 - 07/14/14 11:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I doubt it.

--------------------

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
    #20274489 - 07/14/14 11:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

dont listen to edm?

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Clusterfuck at The Hudson Project [Re: EdibleStereos]
    #20274532 - 07/15/14 12:09 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've tried and I mean gotten twisted as fuck and tried a bunch of different artist my friends have made me listen to it all just sounds like noise to me none of it gets me feelin it

--------------------

InvisibleEdibleStereos
Healthy Body, Sick Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
    #20274543 - 07/15/14 12:12 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I dont get it either.

Seems its the bees knees for the new generation though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order