Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinehulk_blood
lucid interval
Loc: northwestern Oregon
Lucid Dreaming !
    #2027027 - 10/20/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Is there anyone else on the shroomery that is into lucid dreaming?  A great alternative to halllucinogen use!  If you have not had a lucid dream yet, then you are missing a big experience in your life that you can make happen every night! :thumbup:  When I woke up from my first lucid dream I felt like a god!!  anyone else? 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: hulk_blood]
    #2027187 - 10/20/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I'm "into" lucid dreaming. Been doing it for many lifetimes.

What do you do in your lucid state?
I tend to fly around.
Sometimes I go on "missions", where I have to infiltrate malevolent groups and spy on them, sometimes have to neutralize them. Since my psychic abilities are quite natural in that state, it is rather educational. I can become invisible, walk on ceilings..through walls.. read thoughts..neutralize malignance simply through thought alone.. I can travel freely and at will. I am a spiritual warrior in the lucid state, battling with self serving entities, meeting with benevolent ancient beings, and having vivid experiences throughout. Definitely a good time.

Flying is the most liberating feeling ever.

--------------------

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: Shroomism]
    #2027229 - 10/20/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomism, how long have you been doing this for? ( in this lifetime)
Since you are so experienced, is there ever a dream you have that isnt lucid? Or do they instantly become lucid because of habituation?

Also, have you mastered the 360 degree vision yet? :grin:

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: manna_man]
    #2027296 - 10/20/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have been having lucid dreams as long as I can remember..since a child. Though they have evolved over the years..and there was a period of time where I had none whatsoever.

I have regular dreams more often than not. I have determined there are essentially two kinds of lucid dreams...the ones you cause yourself through will, and the ones you just 'wake up' in. There is certainly no habit involved.. they just seem to happen when they are needed. I have more 'waking up' lucid, than the other. Perhaps that's due to it feeling so natural, so I just ignore or forget willing myself into lucidity..I am not sure.

360 degree vision.. I would assume you are speaking of seeing all around you as if objectively..yes I have some elements of that. Vision comes in many forms while lucid...sometimes I have like "7 eyes"..where I can see in every direction at once..sometimes I am watching from a distance as if outside my energy body...it varies.

There are no rules.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2027367 - 10/20/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lucid dreaming is the schiznizil-bang-snip-snap-shiznat!!!!!

Sometimes, I go to sleep, and I wake up, in my mind.  There is black empty space all around me.  I can create a world from scratch, or I can re-visit worlds I have already created or those that have been revealed to me by the unseen hand of my subconscious. 

In these realms, I am the master of all that is, although sometimes i like to play a more submissive role, and just experience it.  Sometimes I enjoy being taken for a ride. 

Sometimes my subconscious tries to trick me while i am dreaming.  I get those humdrum dreams where everything is normal and i dont even suspect that i am dreaming.  But my subconscious always fucks something up, some minor detail that i catch and realize that i am dreaming.  At this point i have the option of exerting control over the dream or letting it continue.  Some non-lucid dreams are important messages that shouldnt be ignored.

I love dreaming so much I am addicted to it.  I am a sleepaholic. 

I always viewd reality as a recurring bad dream.  Well, not really bad, just pointless :nut:

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
    #2027382 - 10/20/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Right, there are no rules! I thought of this possibility:
When you dream, you take references from your sight. In wakefulness, you can only see what your eyes are able to see, because of limited peripheral vision, and basically there is an area of view from which we are able to see.Think of a vertical straight line; how long is it? Most likely it is only as long as our regular sight would permit. We think in much the same way as sight, as we are so used to seeing with these constraints. Would it then be possible to think with an unlimited vision, making the vertical line virtually endless? Think of how much our imaginations would expand without these sort of "mental boudaries".

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: manna_man]
    #2027714 - 10/21/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think that most of the people in this forum whould be somewhat "into" lucid dreams... i like to fly too

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Invisibledeep_umbra
Stranger
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: plexus]
    #2027811 - 10/21/03 03:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, lucid dreams are the stuff..

heres a random entry from a lucid dream log i created some time ago. the spelling and general gramma might be a bit off as i entered it in shortly after i awoke and haven't changed it since.

----
became lucid in them middle of some type of conflict.. there was a weird character trying to chase me/make me scared/attack me .. he/it shot spheres at me that seemed to glow and they were orbiting one another.. they were kind of intimidating but i decided if i was going to stand up to it, now was the time..

as they came for me i grabbed them out of the air held them briefly and dropped them to the ground.. they felt warm to touch.. this seemed to agrivate the weird 'magician' type entity and it tried something more powerful and the made the spheres hover off the ground at eye level and they began orbiting each other really fast

i started to hear a ripping sound and the 'reality' started ripping open slightly and i could see through some holes at the edges of the orbiting spheres that appeared to be different colors or something i dont know exactly.. this was kind of suprising to me but i still wasnt afraid, but since i didnt know exactly what was going on or what type of power would be unleashed.. i stepped back a bit and feigned being scared a little bit since he was really trying his hardest to contain me.. after he had seen this, the spheres began to slow down orbiting and gradually disappeaed along with the weird charchter..

confused at what had happened i turned around and a female in a black overcoat and black eyes walked passed smirking at me.. i wake up

Offlinebigfatdork
Now I Have Teeth

Loc: North PoLL
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: deep_umbra]
    #2027816 - 10/21/03 03:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Best sex I ever had!!
Why cheat in real life, the girls are ten times better when I make them up...

--------------------
"But it was alright, he had won the battle against himself, He Loved Big Brother"

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: bigfatdork]
    #2027934 - 10/21/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

God damn, Shroomsim, you only increase my thirst for getting conscious when I leave this body... which is a good thing, it gives me something to fight for. :grin:

I think that I am progressively becoming more aware of the fact that I am dreaming. I have had a couple of dreams recently where I ?somewhat? become conscious of the fact that I am dreaming, but I really only still go on with what is going on in those dreams (which are really fucking crazy, epic dreams! holy shit!) I mean, I have never become fully aware of the fact that I am dreaming and then carry out dreams as if they were this reality, but I can't fucking wait until I do...

In one dream, I basically became this hero like Superman. Some force had basically taken over the country, and like all these people were confined to living in these like stadium bleachers, and there were people patrolling.. I ended up starting up a force to try to overide them, and we ended up having some sucess the first time (I can't remember what we did, but I think we like took out some of the guards). Then, when I came back, the part of the bleachers where like my family stayed was emtpy, they had eliminated them...

I basically assumed all sorts of spectacular powers that no one could challenge. I sort of knew that I could just use them, and that if I doubted myself, I wouldn't be able to..

After awhile, I was starting to get sick of it (I really don't know why), so I made a decision to assume the perspective of another person who was walking by, and I became that person and watched my guy fly away...

Anyways, yeah. I can't wait until I truly go lucid. There is something about having powers like Superman that really appeals to me... and if I can bag some chick like Louis Lane (god, she is hot! too bad she finally got married to Superman yesterday!), all the better. :grin:
Peace.

I en

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2027956 - 10/21/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've been trying for awhile and never had success untill last night actually. I took a little xanax last night because I jost got it prescribed. And I woke up realizing in my last dream I knew I was dreaming. Then I woke up a few more times during the night each after a dream I knew I was in and controlling what I did, amazing. I tried to fly, but ended up jumping really high then lanidng in some water and swimming around. I tried to get certain people to appear but it wouldn't happen and many of the dreams were very short lived.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: barfightlard]
    #2027990 - 10/21/03 06:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I frequently have lucid dreams, but I don't have much control
over the dream itself, strange. I know I'm dreaming, but still
there's things that I just can't do or change. Sometimes I'll
get frustrated in my dream and tell myself "I know I'm dreaming,
it's my dream, I should be able to change this", but I still
can't control it.
Control issues... :smirk:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2028004 - 10/21/03 06:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sometimes, I go to sleep, and I wake up, in my mind. There is black empty space all around me. I can create a world from scratch, or I can re-visit worlds I have already created or those that have been revealed to me by the unseen hand of my subconscious.

I know exactly what you're talking about- I've had those as well. You feel as if you are suspended in an infinite space.The blackness is startling because it is not natural blackness, but astral blackness- totally black. In physical reality, when you close your eyes in a dark room, no matter how dark and how hard/long you close your eyes, you will always have little luminescences, but astral black is PURE black, devoid of ANY light. Some may even find the darkness frightening; I found it to be incredibly liberating.

It is the empty canvas of creation and you can project on it what you WILL. It's like waking up in a movie theater just before the curtains rise; You can accept the default movie or better yet, make up your own movie on the fly and play any and all parts that you wish!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisibleadrug

Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: Jellric]
    #2028114 - 10/21/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ever since I've been taking melatonin to help me sleep, my dreams have become much more vivid and I actually remember them now. Things are just starting to get interesting! :grin:

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: adrug]
    #2028119 - 10/21/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Ever since I've been taking melatonin to help me sleep, my dreams have become much more vivid and I actually remember them now. Things are just starting to get interesting! :grin: 

5-HTP has similar effects, sometimes a bit too real tho :oogle: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #2029008 - 10/21/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've had some pretty cool lucid moments in dreams.  Some of them I think were actually almost-lucid, and instead I only dreamed that I realized I was dreaming.  For example, the time I realized I was dreaming while hopping from pole top to pole top with some girl.  So I thought, "Oh, cool, I should conjure something."  So I reached behind my back and sure enough, I was able to pull my hand back holding an apple.  Looking back, I must not have been fully aware, or I would have had sex with that girl.  :smirk:  Or at least started to fly. 

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: hongomon]
    #2029328 - 10/21/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I regularly have lucid dreams, but this week I had a new occurence in dreams: I saw visuals I'd usually only see when tripping. Weird, but cool as hell.

EDIT: Sometimes when dreaming, I wake up inside the dream, into another dream, only to wake up again. This sometimes continues through five different 'reality' dreams. At other times, I'll dream about what happens in the first ten minutes after I'll be awake, and it happens exactly like I dreamt (and I'm talking exact timeframes, other people's actions, etc).

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (10/21/03 04:08 PM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2031757 - 10/22/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ive only had one lucid dream that i can remember and i loved it. I remember how weird it felt to be "concious" inside a dream, The ability to be 100% aware that you are dreaming and creating the world around you is great. Now i just wish i could master it.

--------------------

OfflineToad_Stool
Sloth Nation
 User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: Spokesman]
    #2033231 - 10/22/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

is there a key anywhere to having lucid dreams when you want them?

--------------------
There's nothing more I'd rather do, than the drug I call you

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: Lucid Dreaming ! [Re: Toad_Stool]
    #2034110 - 10/22/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, it's called the Lucid Dreaming Key, and it's available at Wal-Mart for $12.99.

I have had a handfull of lucid dreams, and I have made the same mistake in most of them so far. Usually I become way too excited upon acquiring lucidity, and this causes my dream to end soon after I become lucid.

I have some advice for those of you experiencing this problem... instead of trying to take off and fly or go blasting off on some crusade against evil dream spirits, try to just relax and allow the dream to happen, rather than trying to force something to happen. You may feel like you have 100% control right off the bat, but that control is only an illusion until you slow yourself down enough to actually GAIN control.

It's tough, but try to stay calm and experience what comes to you instead of forcing things to happen. You may be surprised what kind of people/things appear.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder