Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Bridgesii IPA Extraction and Trip Report(Pics)
    #20258982 - 07/11/14 06:00 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Well I've been a busy little bee today...:trippinbawelz:

Just got done ordering a foot of Bridgesii, some vinegar (for the house at least), some peppermint Altoids, and some IPA an hour ago. This means in about 5 days (3 business days) I'll be doing a little ISO tar extraction. This will be my first voyage with Mescalito, so I am quite excited. I'm considering making an official pictorial, due to the lack of them thus-far. (many teks still exist, but many have broken pic links and such, and I like pics :laugh:)

As I'm thinking, there are two quick questions I have.

Quick Question 1: MUST I dry the cactus prior to extraction? I understand more water in the extract will take more time and/or heat to evap, but can I simply cut up or blend the fresh cactus and get started?

Not-So Quick Question 2: about the vinegar situation. I've read a few threads discussing de-fatting/purifying my final product via a 50/50 water/vinegar solution. There were two methods of this which I've read, and I'm not sure if I should even bother with this step.

Being in good ol' CA, I have no access to naphtha, unless I wish to pay 20 bucks and have it shipped out. Therefore, I tried to find a similar method without the use of these solvents.

There is a tek which, rather than using the naphtha to draw out unusable junk, the vinegar is seperated differently. It describes that dissolving the IPA extracted tar in the 50/50 vinegar/water solution will produce a coloring to the vinegar and water. This orange liquid is supposed to contain mescaline as well as other alkaloids, while chlorophyll and other unusables are left seperated.

My question is if there is any validity on how well the above acetate tek works, and if it is worth the effort. Does this reduce nausea immensely, or am I mostly just losing things I should just ingest from the ISO tar?

Edited by Godfather1376 (07/17/14 06:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: Godfather1376]
    #20259928 - 07/11/14 08:58 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Haha as a funny sidenote, my method of ingestion is these 500mg amoxycillin caps I am emptying as I use (have a root canal on the 17th :/). Gonna either powder the tar or dry out the acetate as much as I possibly can for easy gelcapping :laugh:

It would be funny to get 20 caps of tar and just pop them in front of someone unaware lol, however that is most certainly not my plan.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#20259993 - 07/11/14 09:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Heres a great thread made recently with working pics =
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20027409

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: Rewindicus]
    #20260300 - 07/11/14 10:08 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Haha yes I read C1dh3d's pictorial, and that was what originally raised my question regarding the vinegar. Someone (or a couple people) suggest it but don't really go into depth whether it's worth the extra work or if it just lowers the amount of other active compounds in the final product? Will it help nausea or is that not affected?

Personally if nausea isn't any better with the vinegar separation, I won't bother with it. I'd prefer to use the minimal amount of extraction (for minimal loss) unless it truly is helpful. Hell I'd eat raw if I think I'd be able to take the taste and not puke it all up too soon.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

#20264719 - 07/12/14 09:50 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

does anyone have any recommendations? The cactus is going to be here Monday.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

#20265556 - 07/13/14 02:26 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Went by a friend's house today and he shot me a bunch of empty gel-caps :laugh: Now I don't have to worry if I'll have enough. They're only 0's, but they should definitely help

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #20265674 - 07/13/14 04:49 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

How is even a shopping cart's worth of gel caps going to help?  What do you plan on doing with them?

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: Nature Boy]
    #20266750 - 07/13/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

well if I stick with the IPA tar, I'm gonna freeze and powder the tar. Whether it stays powdered in the gelcaps IDK, but it will make it nice and easy to take without any nasty taste or extra cactus. If I do the vinegar step, I might not use them depending how much yield I get.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#20267150 - 07/13/14 02:55 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You got 1 foot of cactus, make a tea and call it a day. :thumbup:

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: qman]
    #20267245 - 07/13/14 03:28 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

goodluck man mescaline is my favourite trip by far :trippinbawelz:

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: qman]
    #20267513 - 07/13/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
You got 1 foot of cactus, make a tea and call it a day. :thumbup:

due to living conditions, my roommates wouldn't appreciate a foul-smelling brew going for hours on end. Much simpler to jar it in some IPA and forget about it for a little while, collect, forget, collect, forget, collect, evap :laugh:. I have plenty of patience and time to plan when to take these so it just seems best for me. IPA will boil out wayyyyy quicker than boiling a pot of water anyway. Plus, I'd like to keep nausea to a minimum lol.

Edited by Godfather1376 (07/13/14 04:40 PM)

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

#20267552 - 07/13/14 04:46 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If you want to go a lazier method you could dry it in an oven on about 150f for about 6 - 8 hours then encapsulate it, by pass the nasty taste and would probably save you some time :thumbup:

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: newageshaman]
    #20267648 - 07/13/14 05:10 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

newageshaman said:
If you want to go a lazier method you could dry it in an oven on about 150f for about 6 - 8 hours then encapsulate it, by pass the nasty taste and would probably save you some time :thumbup:

Are you talking about drying the tar or the cactus itself? I have actually considered cooking the IPA tar a bit to dry, but IDK.

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

#20267852 - 07/13/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

drying the cactus itself by deskinning and despining then drying the dark green outer flesh till cracker dry (discard the woody core) , this is my new favourite method of preparation expecially for quick and easy use.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

#20268240 - 07/13/14 07:28 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

newageshaman said:
drying the cactus itself by deskinning and despining then drying the dark green outer flesh till cracker dry (discard the woody core) , this is my new favourite method of preparation expecially for quick and easy use.

how does the puking go with all that cactus in your stomach?

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

#20268394 - 07/13/14 08:06 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've not vomited from encapsulated cactus only doing the tea method, 26grams of dried bridgessi gave a 10 hour trip. The only negative was i was constipated the day after dosing due to having 30+ gelcaps in the gut :wink:

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

#20269559 - 07/14/14 03:23 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Well ain't this about a bitch? Can't sleep, too excited to see that baby come in the mail tomorrow.:itwasgoodforme:

Invisibledrr
Female
    #20269572 - 07/14/14 03:50 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Godfather1376 said:
well if I stick with the IPA tar, I'm gonna freeze and powder the tar. Whether it stays powdered in the gelcaps IDK, but it will make it nice and easy to take without any nasty taste or extra cactus. If I do the vinegar step, I might not use them depending how much yield I get.

You won't be able to 'powder' the tar, I don't think. You'll see. It's just the stickiest gooey crap you could imagine.

Never heard of this vinegar thing you speak of personally

What a lot of people do is roll the tar into little balls with the help of a little bit of flour, to help with the stickiness of the tar. Worked for me.

Stuffing it into gel capsules seems like way too much work. Just swallow balls of tar :thumbup:

Also; You don't need to use IPA to make this tar. You can use water, and your cactus can be still fresh. Just make a tea, strain it, and evaporate down to tar with heat.

Edited by drr (07/14/14 03:51 AM)

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: drr]
    #20270045 - 07/14/14 08:11 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I did an a/b extraction on 100 dried grams of san pedro. It took 3 days or so amd involved no cooking and I used easy to get food safe materials( soda ash, and d limonene)  it was easy and I got almost 2 grams of the full specteum alkoloids

I used 69rons tek.

I have no chemistry knowledge anf this was my first attempt at any extraction and it was a success.

I have done iso extravtions as well and have a lot of tar with no way of knowing the dose.

I tried the vinegar thing a few weeks ago but it dissolved all the tar and left me with the same product I started with. Haven't tried tar yet though

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Bridgesii Extraction is Coming Soon! [Re: drr]
    #20271262 - 07/14/14 01:27 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

Godfather1376 said:

You won't be able to 'powder' the tar, I don't think. You'll see. It's just the stickiest gooey crap you could imagine.

Never heard of this vinegar thing you speak of personally

What a lot of people do is roll the tar into little balls with the help of a little bit of flour, to help with the stickiness of the tar. Worked for me.

Stuffing it into gel capsules seems like way too much work. Just swallow balls of tar :thumbup:

Also; You don't need to use IPA to make this tar. You can use water, and your cactus can be still fresh. Just make a tea, strain it, and evaporate down to tar with heat.

Well in a different tek, someone froze their tar for powdering. Once he got it in the caps, it returned to a goo afterward. The gel-caps are just useful in case of how this comes out.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder