Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Physical ailments
    #2026315 - 10/20/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've been having health problems for the last few months. I think it's a result of previous psychic ailments I'd had, and still have: anxiety, little confidence of mind and body, etc. I have occasional constipation, stomach pains, etc. I take meds for my stomach pains, but still, I think all my pains are a result of stress, which is a result of psychic problems. I'm thinking some LSD will help - it's always straightened me out in the past, so why not take it when I really need it? I'm wondering what you guys think.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Physical ailments [Re: Gog]
    #2026329 - 10/20/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think you will get better responses in Support Group.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2027137 - 10/21/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Meditation can be your best friend at a time like this, I recommend it above all else. You control your mind, learn to control it to a razor sharp focus.. this is what meditation allows you to do. Stress is something you put on yourself.. a choice of a way to perceive what's going on.

I would also like to direct you towards Dr. Bach's Natural Flower Rememdies - http://www.bachcentre.com/

They are extracts from flowers and herbs and have amazing mental healing/anxiety relieving attributes.

You want to watch your diet.. eat healthy.. vegetables..fruit..grain.

before you try lsd as a cure, do the basics first. Find out the source of your problem through meditation..get in touch with your inner self. Heal with herbs, healthy diet, and exercise. Use LSD as a complementary tool for these things, do not rely on it to solve your mental problems, if used in that manner it can cause more in the long-term.

As for common herbs, I would recommend ginseng for your mind and body and general health, green tea for antioxidants, cayenne pepper for your stomach, chamomile for your stomach and digestion, psyllium for constipation, honey for other.

Again...meditation.. relaxation techniques.. Dr Bach Flower Remedies (You can find these in a Whole Foods store, or Fresh Fields, or most health food stores) Healing Herbs, healthy food, exercise... These things will help you immensely I gaurantee. Peace be with you.

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Physical ailments [Re: Shroomism]
    #2029169 - 10/21/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have recently strictly applied a basic, tried-and-tested lifestyle change. I watch my diet constantly. It helps to have parents who both have gastrointestinal illnesses.

I didn't meant to try LSD as a quick-fix, I realise this will take time, as it is a deep-rooted problem - assuming it is inflicted by mental stress. Do you think it's likely my poor health is caused by mental stress? I have been experiencing mental stress constantly, and last year it was tremendous at times. I've calmed down a bit, but now these physical kinks show up. I'm only 18, so I think it's more likely to be a result of stress, than a disease of some sort.

BTW, how might I get into meditation? I've been thinking of trying it to calm myself before, but I don't know how to get started.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2029394 - 10/21/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I'd like to know as well, as I get anxiety every so often, and don't want it during trips and such. How exactly do you meditate?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2030406 - 10/21/03 10:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Physical ailments [Re: Shroomism]
    #2032558 - 10/22/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

As far as I can tell, meditation, in its basic form, is complete concentration on a single object. It's best to focus on your breathing, as it is neutral. There are lots of alterations that can distinguish between different styles of meditation, but ultimately, it is the focus on a single moment. It doesn't sound too fancy, but once you've spent 10 minutes with your mind completely blank, you feel very refreshed afterwards, and you quickly gain the ability to calm down even in the most zany situations. I find Mozart is the best music to listen to so far.

Thanks shroomism for your advice.
One more thing though: what about meditating stoned? It makes it easier, and being a stoner, I get a little anxious when I'm not a little baked. I guess I should cut back, eh.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being