Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
One thought every second...
    #2022325 - 10/19/03 08:48 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, do you ever think about your thoughts? At least tell me that you are all aware of the fact that is our thoughts that run through our mind that end up creating our experiences, what we feel, and so on.

Are any of you aware of how many thoughts we have that repeat themselves almost constantly? I imagine that every second we have quite a few thoughts that let us know that we just breathed in, that we just breathed out, that this muscle just pulled, that this one released, that this hair moved this direction, so on and so forth...

We think these thoughts so often that we no longer even notice them. Well, let's say that we decide to start making some of these thoughts have priority, that they we will always be conscious of them everytime we think them.

Can you think of any thoughts that would be beneficial to us if we were always aware of them? I sure can. For one, I would always like to be aware of my posture, so that I can make sure that I am always sitting in a manner that is best for my body. I would also like to have the thought "I am here now" repeat itself with me realizing that I thought it every second.

I mean, every once and awhile I realize that our time here is short, that we end up creating who we are, and that life is just so much better when you treasure every moment. Well, if we always have thoughts that affirm this, won't life always be great to us, every second of our lives?

I mean, this is our time to live. I am sick of having outside influences create my outlook on things and who I am. I know who the real me is, and if I am constantly aware of who that is, I will never forget it, right?

The more we become aware of our thoughts, the more aware we are of each thought we have, the more we will begin to realize their effects on who we are and the experiences that unfold in front of us. The more we are conscious of the life we are living right here, right now, the more we are conscious of everything.

Well, the only way we can change our thought patterns is to actively change them. I for one can no longer continue to be cut off from life's true experiences. Seize the fucking moment! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: One thought every second... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2022479 - 10/19/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You sound like a Buddhist!

In the words of my teacher (paraphrased):

Quote:

Suffering comes from our mind. The paths inside our mind take us to our experiences. Negative experiences arise from negative paths we follow in our minds. If we consistently follow positive internal paths, we will not have negative experiences.

Mental paths which are initiated by wisdom are correct. Mental paths which are initiated by ignorance are incorrect. They are so because that which brings us happiness is wise, suffering ignorant. The choice is entirely ours.

Our main problem is that we do not understand how to differentiate between positive and negative paths. The first job is to understand the mechanics of the mind.

There are two correct paths which lead to states of enlightement or liberation (this does not necessarily imply full and complete awakening), and five incorrect paths which lead to "contaminated rebirth", or samsara (this does not necessarily imply physical death and rebirth, but is applicable moment to moment).

• Every thought and actions takes us some place. Our intentions and chosen perceptions dictate our future experiences. Habitually followed paths take us to our experiences.
  • There are countless contemplations every moment which carry the potential to rebirth us in samsara.
  • Contaminated rebirth (human, god-like) is caused by ignorant, self-grasping, wrongly motivated actions (self-cherishing).
  • Contaminations arise when "I" is felt to be most important. We harm others because we view ourselves as paramount. Humans harm animals and the world because we feel ourselves to be more important than them/it.

Our experience of reality is distorted (poisonous) because of our perceptions of the almighty "I". We suffer in this misconception. There is no happiness so long as we take as reality the self-cherishing, illusiory point of view. "Renunciation" in Buddhism involves a mind which desires to exit this illusion.

Actions create effects. Suffering in this life is the result of our actions. Developing love for others and renouncing self-grasping brings us away from samsara. Superficial analyses are insufficient. Properly developing profoundly correct view and correct intention is the beginning of the spiritual path.

• Our intention takes us where we want to go.
  • Do not abandon this world. It is proper to balance this reality with practice, the gradual "tunneling out" into supreme perfection that truly is, but is not truly perceived.

As Buddha said, "Drops in a bucket. Soon, the bucket will be full."

Our Buddha-nature is waiting for a space to grow. We need to have a sense of the beauty we seek to accompany our renunciation.

The object of meditation therefore is to realize our minds and learn to disallow them from following those negative paths. In doing so, we bring around to our hearts a profound feeling of joy and release. This can be applied to whatever ends are desired, either to cope with stress, or to realize full and supreme awakening as a Buddha for the benefit of all.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: One thought every second... [Re: Ped]
    #2022502 - 10/19/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, your teacher is a cool guy. I especially like the term "mental paths".

Every thought and action does take us some place. The accumulation of every single thought and action we have ever thought or done is who we are right now. This is why, if we are going to take a conscious step towards making us into who we really want to be, we need to become aware of every thought that we have, why we are thinking it, and the effects that it will have on who we will be in the next minute, the next day, the next year.

I have a lot of thoughts and feelings associated with a more clear state of mind, tying in with marijuana and everything, and a certain mind path leads to the sort of trippy, cosmicness state of mind. I simply love it, it is by far the best state of mind I have come across for living my life.

This is why I brought this up, if I can forever be conscious of some of these thoughts, all my thoughts related to here and nowness, simply being conscious of my breathing and how wonderful this whole life is, my life would be utterly peaceful and fufilling. This is what I am working towards, basically higher consciousness, and I am just sharing my thoughts on all of it for everyone here, most of us being a lot closer to higher consciousness than a lot of others, so that we can all tap into this cosmic state of mind... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2024666 - 10/20/03 04:39 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, I think I have finally done it, finally broke through the bullshit that I have been struggling agansit for so long..

I just realized it, making a post on here and listening to a kick ass Rammstein song. I will never, ever let myself forget that the thought that I am alive, I am conscious, that I am breathing and that life is great, that life is the way it is suspossed to be... I have finally broke through the plastic wrap that has let me seen the truth but has not let me experience it constantly... I am now immersed in life.

I will be thrown many tests ahead, and I know that I will pass them, that I won't get sucked back into the lifeless void... my eyes are forever open.

So break free. Don't for one second let yourself forget the fact that we are full of life, that we are alive and breathing, and that we are here now... that life is the gift and that life is good. There is no point in ever forgetting this. No excuse. Throw an excuse at me , and it will be dismissed. I don't care how fucking much "things aren't going your or my way", because everything is mine and your way. To not identify with everything that is happening with us and find something good out of it is to deny ourself life itself.

I am free; we are free; we always have been: we have always belied the truth, hid from it, even if we realized it. The time is now. Go out and like make yourself. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Anonymous

#2024850 - 10/20/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Are any of you aware of how many thoughts we have that repeat themselves almost constantly? I imagine that every second we have quite a few thoughts that let us know that we just breathed in, that we just breathed out, that this muscle just pulled, that this one released, that this hair moved this direction, so on and so forth...

We think these thoughts so often that we no longer even notice them. Well, let's say that we decide to start making some of these thoughts have priority, that they we will always be conscious of them everytime we think them.

the thing here is that through the course of evolution, alot of those actions/thoughts have been moved out of the concious brain and are now automated. If you really had to think about breathing, you would die. Noone has that much brain power to multitask every function of the most complex organism ever. Now, we can use muscle control and our senses to control/understand most of these automated processes. Like breathing for instance...we can use the muscles in our chest and backs to control what would otherwise happen on its own. As for me, i believe that these 'automated' thoughts are one of two forms of enlightenment. Reaching full automation...you would be in the true animal state. Basic goals include eating, mating, and staying alive. No other thoughts outside of the now. But on the other end of the enlightenment spectrum there is full realization...which is more what you are talking about. Understanding and being able to control every single action your body takes if you choose to do so. Basic goals include happiness, love, understanding. In my opinion this slows you down from the 'now'. Logic, understanding and opinion all take place in the past because you are judging an event that has already happend. This end of the enlightenment spectrum allows for deep deep understandings of everything in the universe. In my mind, this evolution will split into 3 groups. Those that return to the animal state and become more powerfull physically ie. they can react faster to situations due to there lack of objective/subjective thinking; those that stay in the cage of society they are in ie. letting class structures run there lives in exchange for the comforts they provide through technology; and finally there will be those who move to a greater mental state. This group could be the forefront of another golden age and would probably be the ones to learn to control the human body and use it to complete everything they need, as opposed to making technology do their bidding. This group will grow great mentally, but probably somewhat weak physically. Over the course of thousands of years these groups will grow more and more apart, untill they are 3 distinct species. So make your decision. Animal state, human state, or the great mental state. i have a feeling ive wandered off on a huge tangent...if you read this far, thank you.

~J-Slice~

InvisibleWizzang
Deviant

#2024872 - 10/20/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Heh, I think I have finally done it, finally broke through the bullshit that I have been struggling agansit for so long..

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
life is great, that life is the way it is suspossed to be... I have finally broke through the plastic wrap that has let me seen the truth but has not let me experience it constantly... I am now immersed in life.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I will be thrown many tests ahead, and I know that I will pass them, that I won't get sucked back into the lifeless void... my eyes are forever open.

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I am free; we are free; we always have been: we have always belied the truth, hid from it, even if we realized it. The time is now. Go out and like make yourself. :grin:
Peace. 

That's so completely awesome.  Very very similiar to my own awakening.  I was able to see through the bullshit, push it aside, and finally enjoy life for what it really is.  Another opened mind.  :thumbup: 

--------------------
I was once a man I used to know
He changed into a man I have been
And became the man I am today

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2025050 - 10/20/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

I just realized it, making a post on here and listening to a kick ass Rammstein song. I will never, ever let myself forget that the thought that I am alive, I am conscious, that I am breathing and that life is great, that life is the way it is suspossed to be... I have finally broke through the plastic wrap that has let me seen the truth but has not let me experience it constantly... I am now immersed in life.

So break free. Don't for one second let yourself forget the fact that we are full of life, that we are alive and breathing, and that we are here now... that life is the gift and that life is good. There is no point in ever forgetting this. No excuse. Throw an excuse at me , and it will be dismissed. I don't care how fucking much "things aren't going your or my way", because everything is mine and your way. To not identify with everything that is happening with us and find something good out of it is to deny ourself life itself.

Peace. 

You...are COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED !! :grin:
In a very good way :smile:
"The Map is not the territory" -NLP (go figure :grin: )

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2025093 - 10/20/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I don't care how fucking much "things aren't going your or my way", because everything is mine and your way.

Do I detect a bit of hostility and anger ? denial perhaps ? :grin:
Is this the effect of the infamous ego trap
"I am Spiritual, hence I am perpetually Happy and Indestructable,
nothing will EVER bring me down..."
:grin:
I'm just teasin ya  :wink: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: One thought every second... [Re: ]
    #2025209 - 10/20/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JSlice said:
the thing here is that through the course of evolution, alot of those actions/thoughts have been moved out of the concious brain and are now automated.  If you really had to think about breathing, you would die.  Noone has that much brain power to multitask every function of the most complex organism ever.

This isn't what I am saying. I am not saying that we need to control our breaths consciously. I am saying that we should be aware of our breathing. It is a lot easier to live right here, right now, in the present when a thought enters your mind that says "I just took a life-sustaining breath in", and "I just released that breath of life-sustaining air."

Quote:

As for me, i believe that these 'automated' thoughts are one of two forms of enlightenment.  Reaching full automation...you would be in the true animal state.  Basic goals include eating, mating, and staying alive.  No other thoughts outside of the now.

Quote:

This end of the enlightenment spectrum allows for deep deep understandings of everything in the universe. 

Yep. It is amazing how much insight and how many observations you will come across from doing some actual thinking without holding onto this "me, me, me" perspective that is clouded with security, sensation, and power addictions....

Quote:

Wizzang said:
That's so completely awesome. Very very similiar to my own awakening. I was able to see through the bullshit, push it aside, and finally enjoy life for what it really is. Another opened mind.

Yep. It is something I have been flirting with for quite some time, but the more Enlightened state of mind always floated back down into the landfill... it has been a constant back-and-forth, very gradual... but I have finally broken free. To give up on these thoughts for one second allows me to sink back down amongst the rubbish again... which I won't tolerate any longer. :grin:

Quote:

Lucid said:
Do I detect a bit of hostility and anger ? denial perhaps ?
Is this the effect of the infamous ego trap
"I am Spiritual, hence I am perpetually Happy and Indestructable,
nothing will EVER bring me down..."

I'm just teasin ya 

You really shouldn't tease me, man, don't you know it momentarily makes me forget my higher state of mind and get all pissed off and yell at you? :grin:

Confidence and optimism are very important things if we are going to get through this life, do what we want to do, and be happy with the life that we have lived..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2025572 - 10/20/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Life is very simple, it just wants to be lived.
Some years ago i realized that, i am alive and don't fear death. I have myself, so if i loose everything, i would still got myself and that's my only comfort, the only thing i need !

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: One thought every second... [Re: MAIA]
    #2025623 - 10/20/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
Life is very simple, it just wants to be lived.
Some years ago i realized that, i am alive and don't fear death. I have myself, so if i loose everything, i would still got myself and that's my only comfort, the only thing i need !

MAIA 

Yep. One of the most simple phrases pretty much sums it up: "Life is what you make of it."

I also appreciate the one that I coined myself, "Concern yourself with what you want". That's pretty much sums it all up. I would also add that one should decide what we concern ourselves with consciously and knowledgabely, but that is up to you, because you are the one who is concerning yourself with what you want... :grin:
Peace.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Anonymous

#2025796 - 10/20/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

God damn.. you are such a pretentious cunt fireworks_god. Do me a favor and stop posting your stupid shit every day

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: One thought every second... [Re: ]
    #2025880 - 10/20/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

buttcastleking said:
God damn.. you are such a pretentious cunt fireworks_god. Do me a favor and stop posting your stupid shit every day 

I'm sorry if it is a little bit above you, man... was the language too complex to comprehend? I should definitely hope that at least the "Life is what you make of it" quote was on your level...

Just keep in mind, it isn't what I said that is "stupid shit", it is your opinion of it that makes it "stupid shit"... Hhm.... life is what you make of it, perhaps??  :shake:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2026991 - 10/20/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wow you totally owned that castle king dude on a level he isent smart enough to understand

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: One thought every second... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2027945 - 10/21/03 05:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just thought I would let you all know that I am still continously living with these thoughts, staying conscious of them... not every second, I might add, but I soon will be....

I end up keeping these thoughts in my mind often enough to not let myself forget what it is that I don't want to forget. My experiences of life so far have taken on quite the cosmicness....

I might add that these thoughts only would work unlock the desired effects within me, because of all the connections to all sorts of senses and collections of thoughts that I have stored. Not only like conscious thoughts that are connected, but all sorts of thoughts that don't take form of any language.. they end up rounding out to the experience I have. These thoughts are like the keys that unlock the door that keeps me from these treasured states of mind...

The power of our minds is infinite. The only limitations on our minds are the ones that we put on it... and no matter how reinforced we make them, the walls can easily fall... just take a new perspective. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies