Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble?
    #2024690 - 10/20/03 07:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I was thinking the other day at school about how I can get outta trouble with authorities if I was ever caught growing mushrooms. Im not Bulk cultivating...Im just makin shrooms for me and my friends so I only got like 2-3 casings running at a time. If I went ahead and labeled each casing-jars a different gourmet mushroom. Like one shitake-portabella-oyster....and even labeled the syringes the same way. This would give the appearance that I was only cultivating legal edible shrooms. Being a kid, Im sure I would'nt get out of it that easy and they would have to bring my supplies to the lab and confirm I was cultivating psychadelic shrooms. Well then I would just say, "I dont know what could of happened, I guess that Swiss syringe vendor mixed up the syringes when I ordered." This may not work but I still think I would have a pretty good case. I could even have dried shitake mushrooms in my room as a prop. Im sure some of you are saying to yourself, "well then I guess someone makin Meth in there bathtub can say they thought they were just making chocolate". But this is much more blaitaint than shroom cultivating. Even if you had a few poppy trees outside in the backyard. I think you could just say they were there when you moved in...Right? Tell me what you guys think...And if you have a better way of pleading not guilty to shroom cultivating then please share.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: orizon]
    #2024756 - 10/20/03 08:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Actually if you are not in the states of: CA, GA or OH you have an option if you are under 18 and still living at home. You can get a "Student Documentation Permit." This is for doing things for school that you may need slightly unavailable items. For science fairs and Boy Scout projects. It is an old loophole from the '50's that was pretty specific in its uses then. Nowadays it is just a form in an office somewhere. Basically you just request an application and they send you a form to fill out and return. then if you are ever busted with say gunpowder, you just say I have a permit, and give them your number. They look it up and oh sure enough "gunpowder for an Eagle Scout project" and you are cool. You just have to make up something about a science project and using mushrooms as a medium for blah blah blah. You just ordered them from the internet you didnt know they were bad. Oddly enough they come from the Fire Dept. Call them up and get the address for the Fire Chief for where you live. Mail his office a letter with your name and address and school and the reason why you are asking for a "Student Documentation Permit." Make sure to include mushrooms in it or they will not fall under the protection afforded to you by the permit.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: longshot]
    #2024890 - 10/20/03 10:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Say Im 19 and not living at home? This is my first year of college....I think if I was under 18 the charges would just get blown off anyways cause Id be a minor.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #2025021 - 10/20/03 11:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, cops aren't stupid. College kids don't grow portabello mushrooms. I'm sure they'd take it and get it tested. Just put the shit in your closet, and for god's sake, don't tell anybody! Telling people is like giving them peace of mind that they have a "get out of jail free" card. All they have to do is rat you out and they're out of trouble. So the people you tell might become a bit more reckless when it comes to their shady dealings, landing you in jail that much quicker. Cops want the source, and you're it. Get it?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: StrongBad]
    #2025041 - 10/20/03 11:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

> No, cops aren't stupid.

There was a discrimination case brought against the local police where I used to live because they did not hire somebody because "he was too smart". The police argued that the applicant was too intelligent and would get bored with daily police work. I never did hear what happened with the case.

To assume that cops are stupid is a quick way to end up in jail for not taking the proper precautions. To say that cops aren't stupid... some most definitely are not, but they aren't the brightest group of people on the planet either.

> College kids don't grow portabello mushrooms.

That is not true at all. Perhaps most college kids don't grow gormet mushrooms, but I certainly did when I was in school. There is good money in legal mushrooms.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: Seuss]
    #2025563 - 10/20/03 02:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
To say that cops aren't stupid... some most definitely are not, but they aren't the brightest group of people on the planet either.

Maybe so but being a cop is their job. They see the same shit day in, day out for years on end. Just because they're not book smart doesn't mean they don't have common sense. If they catch you growing shrooms, you can play dumb all you want but I wouldn't think it would ever work.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: TheDude]
    #2025770 - 10/20/03 03:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Of course Im gonna do anything possible to not get caught...I dont brag to anybody about what I do and my 2 close friends who know Im cultivating dont only have a clean record but would never rat me out. You talk as if Im gonna try and get caught then try and slither my way out if it. Thats not what I was saying. I was simply asking that if the time ever came that the cops came knocking on my door, then playing stupid would be one of my only options attempting to avoid a conviction. Is it really that weird that a college kid might be growing portabellas? I mean there is a whole forum on this site that is dedicated to those who wish to grow edible mushrooms. Even if playing dumb had a 1% chance of working, Id rather give it a shot then just come out and confess. Its not like they cut you any slack for admitting to your crimes anyways. Avoiding trouble may ultimately be impossible but they might cut me a little slack and would have to consider I was telling the truth. Just to give you an example...One time a cop caught me with 6 valiums in my front shirt pocket at a party. Valiums are a scheduled drug, but since I said I was prescirbed them from a doctor and I didnt have a rediculous amount on me, he let me go....He said for now on keep your prescriptions in your prescription bottle cause those are the rules but since you didnt know, Ill let you go this time" Another example, My friend was stopped by a cop for speeding. When the cop asked him why he was driving with a suspended license, my friend responded, , "oh my lawyer said that he took care of everything and my license was no longer suspended" The cop made me drive his car home, took my friends license and gave him a speeding ticket. But driving with a suspended license usually brings you to jail. Since my friend played stupid and said the lawyer got him off....no additional charges were pressed. Correct me if Im wrong on this one but isnt it true that if you intentionally go out and kill somebody thats considered Murder as opposed to the lighter charge of manslaghter for accidentally killing somebody? Well I am "accidentally growing psychadelic mushrooms." I really didnt think my idea was that obserd. I am already taking all the precautions of retaining my secrecy. I started this thread to try and brainstorm and search for a possible loophole if for some strange reason, I was caught.

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
    #2026301 - 10/20/03 06:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you are a minor. Expect to see your parents lose their jobs, house, cars, and social life if you are caught. The fact that you have complete faith in two minors very dangerous.

Scenario #1
Your friend gets caught with shrooms you grew.

Officer: Listen, we really don't want to get you in trouble. We only want to put away the people selling drugs. I'll tell you what, tell me where you got the mushrooms , and I'll make sure you keep a clean record.

It happens all the time. Cops play buddy with whoever they think will talk.

Aside from growing in your parents house, and having no regard for their interests, 2 other people knowing that you cultivate is 2 too many people. Don't expect to get off for being a kid, you may, but you parents won't.

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2026603 - 10/20/03 08:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Being a kid, Im sure I would'nt get out of it that easy

:oogle: hmmmmmm.../walkin' away now

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2026717 - 10/20/03 09:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im sorry I addressed myself as a kid...I am 19 years old and living on my own. Im in college so my parents have nothing to do with this so I dont know where that came from. I cant believe that you dont have friends that you would'nt be able to trust eneouph with cultivating shrooms. The last place they would bring the cops is our house. These guys Ive known since 1'st grade and are like brothers to me and its not like I just give them shrooms and they run off with them. Its more like we all go to a party together and I bust out the shrooms and we all enjoy the trip together. And even if these kids werent the closest friends in the world....How much easier is it to say oh...I got them from some dealer at a party. Trust me I know all about interogation. **This is not a thread on how to avoid getting caught....its a thread on how to get out of trouble if you ever happen to get caught.** My friends are also partially involved in growing the shrooms so not like I ever would...but I can easily say that they were just as responsible for growin the shrooms as I was. We all live in the same house and they occasionally go in the closet and water them. I dont want to sound like a dick but it's sad that you dont have friends you can't trust with a secret. There are plenty of cultivators that inform their close friends they are growing shrooms. The ones who get caught are the assholes that run around parties saying they are cultivators. Im not planning on getting caught my friend I just think its smart to have a plan B if that unfortunate time ever fell upon you.

OfflineBluMonkee

#2026768 - 10/20/03 10:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

orizon said:
Im sorry I addressed myself as a kid...I am 19 years old and living on my own.  Im in college so my parents have nothing to do with this so I dont know where that came from.  I cant believe that you dont have friends that you would'nt be able to trust eneouph with cultivating shrooms.  The last place they would bring the cops is our house.  These guys Ive known since 1'st grade and are like brothers to me and its not like I just give them shrooms and they run off with them.  Its more like we all go to a party together and I bust out the shrooms and we all enjoy the trip together.  And even if these kids werent the closest friends in the world....How much easier is it to say oh...I got them from some dealer at a party.  Trust me I know all about interogation.  **This is not a thread on how to avoid getting caught....its a thread on how to get out of trouble if you ever happen to get caught.**  My friends are also partially involved in growing the shrooms so not like I ever would...but I can easily say that they were just as responsible for growin the shrooms as I was.  We all live in the same house and they occasionally go in the closet and water them.  I dont want to sound like a dick but it's sad that you dont have friends you can't trust with a secret.  There are plenty of cultivators that inform their close friends they are growing shrooms.  The ones who get caught are the assholes that run around parties saying they are cultivators.  Im not planning on getting caught my friend I just think its smart to have a plan B if that unfortunate time ever fell upon you.     

cool, best of luck to ya' in all your endeavors :thumbup: 

--------------------

Offlineone800chiapet
Plant-HumanRelationshipsover the phone
Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2027136 - 10/21/03 12:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dont want to sound like a dick but it's sad that you dont have friends you can't trust with a secret. There are plenty of cultivators that inform their close friends they are growing shrooms. The ones who get caught are the assholes that run around parties saying they are cultivators. Im not planning on getting caught my friend I just think its smart to have a plan B if that unfortunate time ever fell upon you. >

It's your choice, and mine. I just wouldn't trust anybody with something that big. I wouldn't trust ANYBODY with my future as a free citizen. I don't want to sound like a dick, but friends turn on friends, even if they've known each other since first grade. You should always consider it a possibilty. I just wanted to make a suggestion based on personal experience.

Don't try to call my social life "sad". You have no evidence to base your assumptions on except the fact that I wouldn't be so naive as to trust a friend with a secret that big. I'm sure these two friends didn't run around parties informing random people of their activities. http://www.poppies.org/news/104965843096995.shtml

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Cultivator loophole? avoiding trouble? [Re: one800chiapet]
    #2027375 - 10/21/03 01:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those two people were obviously cultivating shrooms and poppies with the intention to distribute. You cant compare an operation like that to me having 3 tupperware trays in a closet of a house. Im sure that hot tip was provided by a customer of one of those two dealers. That is bulk cultivating and is much more high scale than what me and my friends are doing. I have no intention of being a shroom dealer. I understand that you want to ensure your security and have made the decision to keep any operation you may be involved in a total secret. I think you are kind of taking it to far when you say, "a secret that big." It's not like I killed somebody...I'm growing mushrooms for shits and giggles. Of course I don't want the word to get out on the streets. Rumors about 2 people having sex spread faster then some kid having a few casings in his closet. I know my friends well eneouph to make the decision that they are worthy of my trust. I'm not calling your social life sad at all. I've just never known of anybody who doesnt have eneouph faith in a close friend to conceal a confidential harmless undertaking that just happens to be illegal. Hypothetically, if you murdered somebody, then Yes that is a Hush hush secret because any close friend might tell authorities for the sake of being a moral human being and ensuring their security. That is a big secret but until I have a skeleton in my closet of that magnitude, I think my acquaintances are capapble of concealing a venture we are all reaping the benefits from. Im sorry if I was insulting but I was not addressing your "social life" as a whole. And please I would appreciate some input regarding the subject of this thread rather than this side topic we began.
Peace, Orizon

OfflineBluMonkee

#2029833 - 10/21/03 08:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

And please I would appreciate some input regarding the subject of this thread rather than this side topic we began.

not lookin' good for ya' on this one :shake:
can't figure out why  :smirk: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience