Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Scales   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Envelope seed stealth method...
    #2022169 - 10/19/03 08:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

....using the corrugated plastic sheet. (just an oldie I made a while back).

It will lend to any small seed being sent. Be imaginative.

Though this post will deal specifically with Cannabis seeds for vendor/enthusiast. In an age of war on terror and the post getting tougher, envelopes are the way to go if payload can fit and survive transit. So before I start, there's a couple of things that need to be stated to give some perspective.

A.) 50 Cannabis seeds weighs approx 1 gram

The ^above is important to customs parcel management and does play in envelopes as well. Payload is payload. Envelopes of course do not have customs declaration which is the focus of this document. None the less, strict rules apply.

Things you will need.

a.) scissors or a sharp knife with cutting board.

b.) ruler

c.) skewer stick

d.) corrugated plastic sheet

e.) A4 paper

f.) cello tape

g.) an envelope

h.) a set of scales

1.)  Like the point ^above of A.), there's a second issue at stake. That's the "average length of Cannabis seeds". The seeds used in this example are typical sized Cannabis seeds. Jack Flash x Red Devil. The general rule of thumb is 5mm long, as can be seen in the photo. True, there's 25 Cannabis seeds in a neat line and they take up 11cm in length, but 5mm should be the expected norm to work on. This point of length will be important to consider and I will discuss that shortly.

2.) Payload is of issue in an airmail envelope and the same rules apply too to a domestic envelope. In this example, this is the regular airmail envelope. Chosen because it is inexpensive, commonly used in the post so discreet and available from all Aussie post offices. The weight to consider is a standard A4 sheet of paper, the airmail envelope and of course, the plastic corrugation. All up, a modest 20 grams. Total finished envelope is to weigh no more than 50 grams and must not exceed 5mm width. This is why the corrugated plastic sheet is so handy, it's only 3mm thick. Add the A4 paper that ends up 3 layers in folds with the envelope and it sits comfortably within the 5mm specification.

IMPORTANT: Envelope must not exceed 5mm thick and/or over 50 grams weight.

3.) The size of the corrugated plastic sheet is to be 10cm x 21cm. That will fit inside the envelope comfortably and will allow a neat A4 sheet to fold around it. Cut it to that size.

4.) The size of the corrugated sheet can be seen smaller than the envelope. Make sure it is cut 10cm x 21cm.

5.) Now to fill it with Cannabis seeds. You will need a wooden skewer and some patience. Put one seed in at a time and push to far end. Do not feed a bunch of seeds in or they will lock and snag inside the cell channel.

Now here's some interesting crunch outs.

A 10cm x 21cm sheet of corrugation plastic has 65 cell walls if cut with cell wall lines in width and not length.

Thus, 65 x 10cm at one Cannabis seed per 5mm length, means a single sheet as seen in this document can carry 1300 Cannabis seeds. Nifty eh. No customs and that's 1300 seeds to anywhere in the world.

But play it safe and factor in the "point A.)". Yes, 1300 Cannabis seeds will weigh approx 26 grams.

Now add 26 to the 20 grams that be the airmail envelope, the corrugated plastic and the A4 sheet and it's 46grams and that's within specification of the 50grams maximum allowed and of course, it's all within specification of the 5mm thick envelope finished product. But make sure you weigh it up before you post. The figures I've given are only guides. You can not afford errors.

6.) Note: For the purpose of this document, I've only demonstrated a single cell line of fill.

To ensure that payload (Cannabis seeds) do not slip from the corrugated plastic sheet in transit, use light weight cello tape or packaging tape on each end of the cell line that houses the Cannabis seeds. Naturally, factor in the weight of the tape too. So keep adding up in weights of each unit of the envelope contents in running tally with a set of scales at the ready.

7.) Now fold your A4 sheet over the corrugated plastic sheet. Use a regular business style folding to do this.

8.) Final product is complete. Neat and ordered. It is discreet.

9.) Note. For the sake of this document and for easy display I used white corrugated plastic sheet. But, it is preferable to use black corrugated sheet because the seeds can be seen if the finished envelope is held up to the light.

10.) In photograph "9", that's hard to see, but with the photograph taken without the flash, then the celing halogen light clearly demonstrates how ineffective white corrugated plastic sheet is.

11.) If you only have white sheet then fold in a piece of dark paper out of an old glossy computer games magazine. This will stop silhouette. Weighs the same as a standard A4 paper which is 5grams.

Final notes:
If also wondering "how strong is this, can it stop the Cannabis seeds or for that matter any small seed from being crushed?".

I have stood on it with one foot (total body weight to it) with a blundstone boot on and no seeds cracked. It will hold up against the general run of the mill postal transit because the plastic corrugation does not compress. However, like cardboard,it is flexible so it does not feel strange in an envelope to the feel of your hands.

That's it.
Starter. :smile:     

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: Envelope seed stealth method... [Re: Starter]
    #2023470 - 10/19/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

quite ingenious man, id probaly just send them in a package of other stuff, if one was to be sending 1300 seeds, you could just send the said person a batch of cookies or somethign stupid like that, and of course in like a film canister put the seeds and put the cookies around it, or even more bad ass, bake a cake with the canister in there, but hey man thats a good method, easy, cheap etc, thanks man.

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Envelope seed stealth method... [Re: dibbles]
    #2024183 - 10/20/03 01:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

no worries dibbles, just becareful in parcels. I suggest you read this, as stealth is stealth regardless of payload. http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=356053

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2027259 - 10/21/03 12:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

nice one !

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Envelope seed stealth method... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2028280 - 10/21/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

how educative!
shrooms for you!

FH

Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
Re: Envelope seed stealth method... [Re: felixhigh]
    #2030185 - 10/21/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Lately a lot of those kinds of letters have had crushed seeds in them.
I think the key is to cut it exactly the size of the envelope and stuffing cotton in two rows over, on either side of the seeds.

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
    #2743766 - 05/29/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I can attest to this method. It works perfectly.
:thumbup:

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Envelope seed stealth method... [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2744259 - 05/29/04 02:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow, great post as always :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop for:   Amazon Scales   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden