Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemobiusrunner
myco maniac
Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!)
    #2021210 - 10/18/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

After hearing from a friend on another message board how easy it is to grown your own shrooms, I got another good friend to purchase a grow bag and some B+ spores online. It took quite a long time for the mycelium to fully take over the bag and then it really didn't do anything for quite some time. Last week he was just about to give up on the "experiment" but he noticed a few pins. He moved the bag near a window for some more heat and sunlight, and sure enough, yesterday he noticed that the veils had broken and most of the shrooms had already dropped spores.

So... he cut the bag open and harvested the bunch. 40g wet - not too shabby I think. We got first dibs. :-) He's dunking the cake now and is planning on trying to case it tomorrow.

I did a quick search online for the easiest and most pallatable way to eat fresh shrooms (I had them before and they tasted *nasty*) We decided on a simple reciple we found online. Shrooms + OJ + blender and down the hatch. About a half hour after we downed the juice (which didn't taste bad at all, highly recommended!) they started to kick in...

As I said, I have had shrooms before, but wife hadn't. I was sort of bouncing off the walls at first (before anything really interesting began) but the lady had a bit of an upset stomach so she was laying down on the couch. Then I saw her staring at our rattan window shades... yup, the visuals had started. We started sort of wandering around the house and chatting constantly. We hugged alot and showed each other "cool" things to look at. The world was liquid and for me perspective was getting *really* distorted - very cubism meets Dali. We spent the heavy portion of the trip bouncing around our house chatting and generally being silly.

Then it started to slow down a bit and we both got really... emotional. We sat down on the couch and really talked about all of the things that was bothering us right now. We really got it all out. I mean, we're very close normally, but this was really soul baring stuff. It was really emotional, but very powerful and empowering. We then started to make plans for fixing these problems. Then when the visuals stopped we went to bed.

We woke up this morning feeling *wonderful* and kicked into gear. We got a lot of shit done that had been bothering us and have generally been basking in the glow of an awesome intimate trip together. :-D

So, thanks folks. The Shroomery was very important in my friends decision to start growing shrooms and he's found a lot of great info here that helped make the growing process a breeze. I think this community is really incredible... thank you!

--------------------
By "I", I of course mean a good friend of mine who happens to live in the fine city of Amsterdam. "I" is just so less awkward.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: mobiusrunner]
    #2021275 - 10/18/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Congradulations.

Thank you for the great report.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: Rose]
    #2022378 - 10/19/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

shrooms don't taste bad fresh...they taste like regular mushrooms from the store. And dry ones smell like feet, but suprisingly it wasn't that bad. I cut my shroom up, put it on a fruit rollup, rolled it up into a ball, and ate it. Tasted fruity. It probably wouldn't have tasted that bad anyway. I don't get what the big deal is.

Anonymous

Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: mobiusrunner]
    #2022389 - 10/19/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

cool trip ,glad you had fun

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2024591 - 10/20/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i always enjoy hearing of a couple growing closer together during a trip. congrats! i hope the 2 of you continue growing from this experience.

this was way different than my first experience with my home grown...i was alone (first time tripping alone...i thin that had alot to do with it) plus, i wasnt aware that these would be as potent as they were, so i took more than i had wanted to...i was used to the stuff i would buy from the street, which im sure were naturally grown then dryed in the oven

anyway, i made a thread about it somewhere, but i thought i had died...  after talking to some people on here, i came to the conclusion that i may have had an out of body experience...intence stuff :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2025037 - 10/20/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That's a great post! Glad she enjoyed her first trip with the one she loves!!

IME, every girl I tripped with, turned out to be a lunatic! Good thing I was mean enough to dump them. My girlfreind of 4 years now doesn't do any drugs, or even smoke, while I'm your regular American Fuckup. Though one time she 'accidentally' ate one of my VERY POTENT brownies, because I 'accidentally' didn't tell her they were my grandma's recipe. They were SO POTENT, that it was much like tripping, and I'm an Old Head, so I can only imagine what went on in her head. She started to freak at first, but I got her to talking about all the good times she remembered, and her bad thoughts disappeared. There I go rambling, I was gonna go through the whole story!

Peace

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Offlinemobiusrunner
myco maniac
Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: DMJ]
    #2026931 - 10/20/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

As for the taste, I took a small bite of one of the fresh ones and it tasted kind of bitter... alkaline-y. I really like portabellos, so the bitterness was very off putting to say the least. The mycellium that had grown up the bottom of the stems didn't help any with the "appetizing" factor.

Anyhoo, the OJ mixed worked just fiiiiiine and unless I end up drying the next batch I get from my friend, that's how I'll consume them again.

The missus and I are still basking in the afterglow from the trip we had Friday night... I dunno, it seemed to really get us both out of a funk we had been in for a few weeks. The only problem is that now all of our close friends want to trip with us but we want to keep the experiences "special" and thus not do them very often (just a few times a year at most) Ah well, there are worse problems to have!

--------------------
By "I", I of course mean a good friend of mine who happens to live in the fine city of Amsterdam. "I" is just so less awkward.

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
    #2027674 - 10/21/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"The missus and I are still basking in the afterglow from the trip we had Friday night... I dunno, it seemed to really get us both out of a funk we had been in for a few weeks. The only problem is that now all of our close friends want to trip with us but we want to keep the experiences "special" and thus not do them very often (just a few times a year at most) Ah well, there are worse problems to have! "

Mobius, I think that quote is quite the best idea!

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: DMJ]
    #2028429 - 10/21/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Homegrown is the best. It's grown with love.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2029290 - 10/21/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Great report, I enjoyed the part when you sat down with your girl and talked, and came closer together.

Shrooms and OJ is a good combo. Here is an even better recipe for you to try:

After drying the shrooms, break them up into little pieces. Melt some milk chocolate in a pot with low heat, then when it is melted, stir in the shrooms, and pour the chocolates onto a plate, in little piles. Then put them in the fridge until you want to eat them. You will not taste the shrooms at all, in fact they will taste great.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinesantashroom
"PsilocybinSyrup"

Loc: in a field near you
Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: pattern]
    #2036170 - 10/23/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How many grams a piece do u think u had?
Like 2grams or less?

Great report, love to hear great experiences!

Offlinemobiusrunner
myco maniac
Re: Trip Report: My first homegrown experience (last night!) [Re: santashroom]
    #2037540 - 10/23/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, for what I understand shrooms are about 90% water so since we ate 20 grams wet, that's about 2 grams dry.

It was a really wonderful experience... we may do a bit more next time though, just to see where it goes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck