Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHertyar
The guy nextdoor

Did it get too Cold in the fridge while dunking?
    #2021154 - 10/18/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My friend recently dunked one of his cakes, in 10/1 h202, for the second round it had a few small to medium sized pins on it at the time that had some fluffy white mycelium at their bases. After he took them out of the fridge he noticed that the fluffy white mycelium looked almost geletin like and blue from bruising. Almost, how I would imagine something frost bitten would look. Anyway he figured they were just water logged, but two days later they still have that geletin look and the caps were looking darker brown like they were headed for black. He descided to pick them just incase. Is it safe for him to eat these? I told him "fuck it man, you've got plenty more comming up why risk it?" Am I just being paranoid would they still be ok to eat? Has anybody seen this before? And there are a few more pins with the geletin mycelium at the base but are till bright brown, should he just watch those or get 'em out?
Thank you!

--------------------
Doesn't have the patience to grow shrooms himself, but instead mooches off friend in exchange for research. :tongue:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWizzang
Deviant

Re: Did it get too Cold in the fridge while dunking? [Re: Hertyar]
    #2021532 - 10/18/03 11:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

tell him not to eat that shit, thats hella nasty.
besides your friend wouldn't even feel anything from a few tiny pins that turned to jelly during dunking. if they were dry what would it be... like 0.2g dry? It's good they were picked off, although sooner would've been better than later, hopefully the cake won't infect.
watch the others, that jelly look is never good but sometimes very small pins will recover, so yea if they get darker rip 'em off.

--------------------
I was once a man I used to know
He changed into a man I have been
And became the man I am today

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation