Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZahid
Stranger
New bin Laden Tape: Wage War 'Inside and Outside US'
    #2021058 - 10/18/03 07:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Bin Laden Said to Warn of Attacks in U.S.
Voice Said to Be Bin Laden, Airing on Al-Jazeera, Warns of New Suicide Attacks in U.S.

The Associated Press

CAIRO, Egypt Oct. 18 ? In a new audiotape broadcast by Al-Jazeera on Saturday, a voice purported to be Osama bin Laden threatened countries helping the American occupation of Iraq and warned of new suicide attacks "inside and outside" the United States.

The speaker also warned Iraqis against cooperating with U.S. forces and urged youth in neighboring nations to join a jihad, or holy war, against the Americans.

"We reserve the right to respond at the appropriate time and place against all the countries participating in this unjust war, particularly Britain, Spain, Australia, Holland, Japan and Italy," the voice said.

He added there would be "no exception for those participating from the countries of the Islamic world, and the Gulf, especially Kuwait."

It was the first tape purported to be from the al-Qaida leader since Sept. 10, when Al-Jazeera screened a videotape that contained a pair of voiceovers, one purportedly from bin Laden and the other from his deputy Ayman al-Zawahri.

The CIA said two days later that analysts believed bin Laden's voice on the tape was probably authentic.

Al-Jazeera aired two separate audiotapes, each broadcast over a still photo of bin Laden, dressed in a white robe and Afghan cap.

The second was a message to the Americans.

"I tell the American people we will continue fighting you and we will continue martyrdom operations inside and outside the United States until you stop your injustice, and you end your foolishness," the voice said.

"Jihad must continue until an Islamic government is established," he said.

In the other, the speaker derided Washington's attempts to persuade other nations to send troops to Iraq to help U.S.-led forces trying to stabilize the nation. There are already troops from 26 other nations in peacekeeping forces led by Britain and Poland. So far after Washington's new call for forces, Turkey and South Korea have said they would send troops.

"America is embroiled in the swamps of Tigris and the Euphrates (rivers)," the speaker on the tape said. "America is in real trouble ... it is now screaming for help, from the lowest of people."

President Bush "thought that Iraq and its oil is a big treasure," the voice said. "Now it is in trouble and resorted to buying mercenary fighters from everywhere."

"I call upon all Muslims, especially Iraqis. I tell them: Do not dare support the crusading American armies and those that ally with them," he said. "Anyone that aids them, or whatever comes of them, no matter the label, is sacrilegious."

"You young people of Islam everywhere, especially from neighboring states, and Yemen, you have to go wage jihad (holy war) and show your muscles. Follow the right path and don't follow people who follow their whims ... who want to divert you from such a mission," the speaker said.

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewingnutx
Re: New bin Laden Tape: Wage War 'Inside and Outside US' [Re: Zahid]
    #2021098 - 10/18/03 07:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Funny how he suddenly quit making anything but audio tapes, or videos that were voice-overs, right about the time that Tora Bora was bombarded.

I guess he just got shy all of a sudden.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: New bin Laden Tape: Wage War 'Inside and Outside US' [Re: wingnutx]
    #2021142 - 10/18/03 08:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Or dead.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2021308 - 10/18/03 10:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Heh..

Maybe the cave he is hiding in doesnt have any electrical outlets and batteries for voice recorders are the only option.

Maybe he felt like it.

Maybe he wants people to wonder.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2021361 - 10/18/03 10:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It could all be a psychological game for all we know. I'm guessing he's in ailing health, that's why he doesn't make any more videos. I think the last known video of him was released in December 2001 when his beard was as white as ever, his eyes droopy, face pale, and the left side of him didn't seem to move at all.

--------------------

Offlinewingnutx
    #2021415 - 10/18/03 10:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like a stroke.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2021424 - 10/18/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Or an infection from a shrapnel wound.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2021491 - 10/18/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #2027376 - 10/21/03 01:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Bin Laden tape 'probably genuine'

Osama bin Laden, in happier times

A new tape said to have been made by Osama Bin Laden is probably genuine, CIA experts have reportedly concluded.

The recording, broadcast by an Arabic TV channel on Saturday, contains a call for Islamic "holy war" and a threat of new suicide attacks on America.

"We assess the voice was likely that of Osama Bin Laden," a CIA source told reporters on condition of anonymity.

The al-Qaeda leader has long been thought either dead or in hiding since he lost his power base in Afghanistan.

No video tapes of him speaking have been produced since the US-led war in Afghanistan sparked by the 11 September 2001 attacks on America - which Bin Laden allegedly masterminded.

Analysts from the US Central Intelligence agency who studied the new tape, aired by al-Jazeera satellite TV, said it appeared to have been made in the past six months because of references to recent events in the Middle East.

The new message calls on Muslims around the world to wage a jihad, or holy war, on America and its allies for invading Iraq.

It also pledged "martyrdom operations inside and outside the United States" - the term commonly used for suicide attacks - and named as targets both America and its allies Britain, Spain, Australia, Poland, Japan and Italy, as well as a number of Gulf states.

Speaking before the new tape was verified, US President George W Bush described it as proof "the war on terror goes on, that there's still a danger to free nations".

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion