Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2019831 - 10/18/03 05:03 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

what is wealth? does wealth mean the more you have the wealthier you are? doesn't it actually involve your a state of mind rather than physical objects? For me wealth is really measured on how little you need in order to be happy or satisfied. In my eyes, a person who has almost nothing and yet is so much more happier than the rich guy with the big house is the wealthy one.
does our happiness reside in getting what we want? Or is it actually enjoying/wanting what we actually get? there's a huge facade that has been in the works for years that says money=happiness. you can just feel those dollars in your back pocket and enjoy every moment that you are caressing those worthless bills. Bills that don't even represent what they are supposed to represent. I think we need to elevate our minds a tad so we can see past all this bullshhhh....

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: wealth? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2019894 - 10/18/03 06:06 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

well, what if you were a genuinely happy person that coincidentally had alot of money. i'd sure enjoy eating a choice beef cut in a dimly light dining room with nice carpets and woodwork and an unobstructed view through a sliding glass window leading to a private dock/deck of the city at night across the water of the SF Bay or something similar. ughh...i'm just fantasizing here, i have a perfect picture in my head of this scene and it would be amazing if i had the money to make it happen. if you were happy and you did have money then life would be good though, i'd admit that, but that is just me...we are all different.

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
Re: wealth? [Re: TODAY]
    #2021781 - 10/19/03 02:32 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

in today's society, everyone pursues their own desires (which for the most part is greed),
it's what drives us to do the shit we do within the limitations and, unfortunately causes us to step on many other people's toes which will most likelly be the downfall of this society

I guess we're all in a kind of survival mode, better make the best out of this constantly changing univserse we live in, depending on who you are

just some observations/speculations, and i don't like periods

What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology