Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
How to send a rooted clone in the post.
    #2019825 - 10/18/03 04:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

An old walk through I put together some time back.

If such is made correctly, clone will not fall apart in transit even if the parcel is kicked like a football. Very strong. It is secure.

No step is to be missed or short cuts taken or product will be inferior. This is tested, it works and it's not bullshit.

In this walk through, two Cannabis clones are sent in one cup. It can be used for Salvia divinorum too, as I have done past, just use a cylinder layout to the size needed.

Furthermore, rockwool (grow flock, same thing) is ideal, unlike soil based media, as it does not crumble up and cause root shock by tearing away off the root hairs. It stays intact in transit, provided a small pot, be it a tube or NFT cup, is employed to keep the unit tidy. Recipient will get a healthy thumper, as good as the day it was sent. :smile:

Things Needed:

* Scissors

* Strong elastic band

* Clone well rooted in grow flock in NFT cup.

* Bubble plastic

* Strong large cylinder (cardboard) with end caps.

* Strong small cylinder (cardboard) with end caps.

* A saw, be it a hacksaw or a capenters saw to cut cardboard cylinders.

* Oven bag (new & clean)

* Surgical gloves (new & clean)

* Cling wrap

* Masking tape.

* Long pencil.

* Express post so payload is in transit for least duration.

Note: Cut smaller cylinder 20mm less in length than the large cylinder so padding and end caps will have the necessary space for secure hold.

1.) Clone is well rooted and removed only from the NFT cup for demonstration to this photo essay. NFT cup is to be left on the clone always. Clone media is to be washed out in tap water to flush out hydro nutrients from the grow flock (rock wool) so any chance of increased CF is reduced if media does dry out.

2.) Closer view to observe the sound rooting needed so the clone can survive the journey. This will ensure prompt result in recipient garden. In this case, two labelled phenos are sent.

3.)  Ensure clone is free of pest and disease and in good health. Wrap NFT cup clone in cling film.

4.) Clone in scale to the larger and smaller cylinder. The action is about to start.

5.) Masking tape down cling film cover on NFT cup and lay it down on cling film.

6.) Push foliage up (so you don't break petioles) and roll clone in cling film with a sprinking of water. This will ensure clone stays turgid. Line up in length to smaller cylinder a piece of bubble plastic and cut to size.

7.) Roll clone over in bubble plastic and masking tape closed. Cut smaller cylinder down the middle and splay it open.

8.) Masking tape bubble wrapped clone into splayed smaller cylinder. This will act like a seat belt in a car. Clone will not slide up or down. It will be locked.

9.) Masking tape smaller cylinder closed. It must be tight.

10.) Put the end caps on the smaller cylinder and masking tape secure.

11.) Oven bags and surgical gloves at the ready. So wash your hands well in soap and put on a pair of surgical gloves.

Note, oven bag and gloves are vital if the clones are Cannabis. They stop smell and outer package odour contamination. They also evade leaving prints on the inner materials. Prints on the outside of the parcel are not a problem, the parcel will be handled by any number of postal workers in the transit.

12.) Wearing surgical gloves, place smaller cylinder into an oven bag, roll and masking tape closed for a tight finish. Tie off secure with strong elastic band.

13.) Smaller cylinder complete with tied oven bag with elastic band masking taped down and ready to be placed inside larger cylinder.

14.) Bubble plastic can be used instead of grow flock (rock wool), however if recipient is short on this propagation media then grow flock is a satisfactory cushioning agent. May as well get the most of the send. So fill base of large cylinder with grow flock and press down with smaller cylinder. Hold with a gloved hand or tongs the smaller cylinder centre of the larger cylinder and fill with grow flock. Pressing down grow flock firmly with a long pencil will be fine. Do not tear the oven bag!!

15.) Masking tape on end caps to the larger parcel to secure the parcel. Stick on the express label and go and post it. It should be rock solid without rattle and very strong.

Final notes.
It is prudent to use the regular packaging materials that can be purchased at your post office, so your parcel will appear benign and common. Do not be artistic. It must blend into the regular post.

Only for domestic post, not for over seas sending, esp. for Australians who must declare any over seas parcel, of and over 500 grams, with a 100 point check of ID -- as per the new Australian postal regulations, courtesy of the War on Terrorism (16th December 2002 amended).

Salvia divinorum, like Cannabis, is illegal in Australia. Salvia divinorum was outlawed July 1st 2002. So don't go and get yourself fucked at the Aussie post counter, you hear!! Customs & AQIS (Australian Quarantine Inspection Service) are very tough, fines are steep and false customs declarations can carry a two year prison sentence. A false customs declaration constitutes a false statutory declaration, that's a federal offense. Aussies must stick to envelopes only i.e. payloads of seeds, spore prints and the like, so you can post discreetly from any mail box in the country. I will detail envelope methods when I have the kb's to upload the walk throughs.

That's it. :smile:
Starter.   

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAJ420
Tribvnica Potestas
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonora
Re: How to send a rooted clone in the post. [Re: Starter]
    #2019897 - 10/18/03 06:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that looks like it could be very helpful to quite a few people. I'm not big on sending plants in the mail, but you never know. I like the fact that you illustrated it with pictures.
Thanks for the info, and the effort and time it took to write all that.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2020570 - 10/18/03 03:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

how audacious, starter! =)
really educative.
BBB, check out here how to wrap your salvias! (jk)  :wink:

FH

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: How to send a rooted clone in the post. [Re: felixhigh]
    #2021956 - 10/19/03 04:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys. Last pic uploaded, the shroomery has fixed the pic upload glitch. :smile:

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Edited by Starter (10/19/03 07:26 AM)

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #12733825 - 06/13/10 12:09 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Bump.

Since there have been so many terrible Sally clones shipped recently, this may help senders.

--------------------

OfflineSir Cypher
Living Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: the far reaches of space
Re: How to send a rooted clone in the post. [Re: Cactusdan]
    #12733886 - 06/13/10 12:23 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Good call Dan  :sunny:

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13M
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #12733991 - 06/13/10 12:54 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Good bump Dan.

You got me thinking about Dr.uare's tek on sending rooted cuttings and I happened to find it. I'll put it in here as well for now as I think these are the two best teks posted here.

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: How to send a rooted clone in the post. [Re: karode13]
    #12733997 - 06/13/10 12:56 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Nice, I thought he had stickied that one, but I dun see it :sad:

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13M
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #12734081 - 06/13/10 01:21 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think there was a glitch in the server or something and it was lost. Someone had saved the page though and it lives on! :mushroomgrow:

--------------------

Offlineninja cat 09
Bilingually Ilitterate

Loc: Flag
Re: How to send a rooted clone in the post. [Re: karode13]
    #12734966 - 06/13/10 10:14 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome, I can see how useful this will be for quite a lot of people, seeing the poor condition some sally plants arrive in :nonono:

--------------------

from A softer world.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden