Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Loc: Somewhere in the middle o...
Need mutiple ID's, pics coming soon
    #2019490 - 10/18/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I would have included pictures for the mushrooms, but It said "file corrupt, try another"; it said this to every pic I tried to send, anyone know how to fix this? 
    Anyway, I found lots of mushrooms in my front yard today and noticed that they had a similar looking cap to Cubensis, being that it was
Cap description: orange to reddish-brown in the center of cap and tips were white (like an egg yolk) but not quite as defined as the Cubensis cap usually is.
Stalk size:Mostly pretty small mushrooms (1 1/4-4 inches tall averaging, but I picked them probably earlier than should'v.
Cap size :iffering from nearly 1/4 inch caps, to 2-almost 3, but not quite, like I said I picked them when they were not fully grown.
Habitat: short to semi thick grassy areas, Abundant in my front yard, by the way there is a horse pasture directly about 5 yards from the front yard that these mushrooms were picked in, so it's likely cows have either been on the land in the past, or it's some kind of manured soil.  None colleceted turned even the slightest bit of blue, stem is hollow.
Spore print:  Well, I've had every shroom picked from the front yard (28 total, on a plain white sheet of paper and some caps upon sight to the paper automaticcly left a purplish-brownish spore print similar to the color of P. Cubensis I've found in the past, but 26 out of 28 mushrooms that were growing in my front yard, (possibly manured soil, since it's a horse farm) turned a purplish-brownish color, and looks almost exact same as P. Cubensis color of spore.
  So, with all the teks and guides I've read through, I have contradicting information everywhere I turn, does the purple spore print mean it's safe to eat as well as a Psilocybe?
Help greatly needed :smile:

--------------------
"Did you see what GOD just did to us maaaaan?" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Loc: Somewhere in the middle o...
Re: Need mutiple ID's, pics coming soon [Re: Cinopsilo]
    #2019506 - 10/18/03 01:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ID'S for all mushrooms found directly growing from kinda old(2 months or
so) horse dung, and in areas surrounding it, generally same description of cap as mushrooms found in lawn, maybe with a little bit more distinctive cubensis looking cap, & 1 turned slightly blue upon handling, and 28 out of 28 of these showed the same kind of purplish-brown spore print as the mushrooms on the lawn did.
Now I know just because it has a purplish brownish spore print, does'nt mean it's a safe mushroom to eat, but given all the other factors, what would you guys say?

--------------------
"Did you see what GOD just did to us maaaaan?" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need mutiple ID's, pics coming soon [Re: Cinopsilo]
    #2019514 - 10/18/03 01:51 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Nah, purple brown spore print doesn't always indicate a safe to eat mushroom.

The mushroom doesn't bruise blue at all and wasnt growing directly from dung, I'd say it's not cubensis. Keep on truckin' man :smirk:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification