Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoger_Barrett
But you can callme Syd!

Loc: Kitsap County WA
South Seattle success
    #2019199 - 10/17/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What a great day (surprisingly) on the West Coast. Yesterday was raining like a mofo and really strong winds. I ride a motorcycle most days so it was rough yesterday. I had to go south of the city today so I figured I'd bring my jeep on the ferry today and save myself the high winds on the two wheeler.

Well the sun came out a bit today and it was warm.. and I had my car.. and... I had two hours or so to myself after I got done with some work activities.. hmm what to do...

Well after reading of everyone's recent successes, I figured I'd check into three of last years hot spots to see what's cooking.

My first stop was at a beautiful secluded park. I stumbled across a few nice patches hidden off a trail last year. Unfortunately this year I couldn't find one mushroom. Not too many other varieties popping up so either this place is shot this year or its just too early.

Then went to hot spot #2 from last year. It was tough remembering how to thread the streets to get there. This one is my favorite spot.. not in a park, off on a side street in a small wooded area. Bingo. Picked about 50 medium to targe capped cyans. Old faithful. This spot is so amazing as its literally a 3' x 3' area with aged broken alder twigs and other forest floor refuse. Last year and today I searched the wider area and nothing. Just this wee little patch. I started thinking about how freakin weird it is I found it in the first place, and I'm beginning to think the the power aura (you've seen it) somehow directed me to it. And I'm not joking.

Spot # 3 was a steady producer last year - 3 harvests! Its in a city park, and this year the grounds crews spuced up the park, fixed up the beds where the cyans grew last year, and dumped fresh alder chips. But the spruce up looks to have inhibited the fruiting this year so far.. maybe as the rains continue if there's anything below they'll pop out.

So a great day. Good to see some of the places that caused so much elation last year. Good to reflect on the whole experience and realize what a gift it all is....

I've spaced my digital camera so I don't have any pix in the field. I'm hoping I find it tonight/tomorrow and I'll show you the harvest in the drying tray.

The shrooms were big and healthy so for those so who haven't been out I'd recommend getting out there!

Have a great weekend all!

--------------------
The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way that I can understand.

Mazatec Shaman Maria Sabina

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: South Seattle success [Re: Roger_Barrett]
    #2019684 - 10/18/03 03:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my friends and i recently found some blue ringers also in south seattle. great find.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification