Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
A perfect case for the end of AA
    #2018291 - 10/17/03 05:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Friday, Oct. 17, 2003
Berkeley Defends Admitting the Stupid

We figured that an SAT score of only 600 couldn't get you into the worst community college in the nation, but now we read that it will get you into the almighty University of California at Berkeley (if, of course, you have the right color of skin).

Berkeley Chancellor Robert Berdahl is furious that the UC Board of Regents has blown the whistle on the notoriously left-wing university's ludicrously biased admissions policies.

"You have done the university a great disservice and shown open contempt for reasoned discourse about complex issues," Berdahl claimed in a letter to regents chairman John Moores, the Los Angeles Times reported today.

Moores wrote a confidential report to fellow board members revealing that Berkeley (aka Berserkley) last year let in nearly 400 students with SAT scores of only 600 to 1,000, far below the 1,337 average for the class.

Meanwhile, Berserkley refused entry to about 3,200 intelligent students with SAT scores above 1400, including more than 600 students with scores above 1500 out of the maximum 1600. Their crime, of course, is having the wrong color of skin (i.e., white or yellow or that politically incorrect shade of South Asian brown).

The lowest possible score on the SAT is 400, so a monkey picking answers at random should do better than 600.

Berdahl says he admitted the stupid students because they overcame "disadvantages" (one of those disadvantages apparently being low intelligence).

"They deserve more than derision from the chair of the Board of Regents," he wrote.

Moores responded by observing: "A little transparency is a wonderful thing - and it would be good for this university."

Moores said, "Whatever his personal agenda is for writing such a letter ... my concern always has been and continues to be that the admissions policy of the University of California be legal and fair."

Berdahl whined that the report has undermined the public's trust in Berserkley. Note to Berdahl: The truth should undermine the public's trust in Berserkley.
Only the best and brightest!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/17/03 05:26 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A perfect case for the end of AA [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2018348 - 10/17/03 05:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

AA is such trash.

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A perfect case for the end of AA [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #2018360 - 10/17/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Very true.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2018402 - 10/17/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What special benefits do you get if you are white and you were raised in a meth lab in a trailer?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A perfect case for the end of AA [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2018454 - 10/17/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Money and scrambled brain cells.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2018467 - 10/17/03 06:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think you understand the question.

I'm suggesting that ther are poor white kids out there that have overcome the same adversities. I think having overcome said adversities does warrant a few extra points in measuring someone's potential, but it still has nothing to do with pigmentation.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2018477 - 10/17/03 06:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Absurdity rules! :lol: 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2018601 - 10/17/03 07:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I understood the question. I was being humorous.

No-one deserves special consideration.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2018710 - 10/17/03 08:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

there's no love for the poor folk in AA?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2018850 - 10/17/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Not even those who get special numbers on special tests?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2018906 - 10/17/03 09:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Not even those who get special numbers on special tests?

Thanks, I see now my response was phrased rather poorly.

I'll rephrase....
Race should not be considered in school admissions.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2019696 - 10/18/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

it's called diversity

a college campus should represent the whole of society, including the retards. if someone has the gall to apply to Berkeley with a 600 SAT score, we can't hurt their feelings now can we?

in case you haven't noticed, I'm being sarcastic. I've always been against affirmitive action.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A perfect case for the end of AA [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2020024 - 10/18/03 07:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I recognize the sarcasm.

I'll just point out to others that if diversity needs to be forced, then it's no longer diversity.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion