Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
WWTJD
    #2015953 - 10/16/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewingnutx

Re: WWTJD [Re: afoaf]
    #2015979 - 10/16/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He'd probably start clawing at the lid of his coffin.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: WWTJD [Re: wingnutx]
    #2016024 - 10/16/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
He'd probably start clawing at the lid of his coffin.

Trying to get back in while recoiling in horror from how far we have strayed.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: WWTJD [Re: afoaf]
    #2016042 - 10/16/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He'd probably be pissed that there's no more slaves to fuck.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: WWTJD [Re: silversoul7]
    #2016080 - 10/16/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He'd probably be pissed his beloved hemp was illegal.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: WWTJD [Re: monoamine]
    #2016086 - 10/16/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yup. And the Patriot Act would make him have a heart attack and die all over again.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2016098 - 10/16/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Jefferson= pimp daddy pioneer of jungle love

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Anonymous

#2016099 - 10/16/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

indeed.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: WWTJD [Re: monoamine]
    #2016100 - 10/16/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yup. Too bad the only slaves he freed were his illegitimate children.

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #2016439 - 10/16/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

One of the first things he would say is "Why do people lie about me?". The Jefferson memorial in Washington DC states on

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these [the Black] people are to be free. "

Quite liberal words, however, lets look at the rest of the paragraph from his autobiography.

"Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these [the Black] people are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them."

Well! This certaintly changes things!

A few other quotes he has made that I think are interesting.

"If ever this vast country is brought under a single government, it will be one of the most extensive corruption, indifferent and incapable of a wholesome care over so wide a spread of surface. This will not be borne, and you will have to choose between reform and revolution. If I know the spirit of this country, the one or the other is inevitable."

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

These come from his autobiography to be found, http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/Jefferson/Autobiography.html there ;-)

Maybe now you see that my beliefs aren't from Hitler, but from the founding fathers.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: WWTJD [Re: lysergic]
    #2016487 - 10/16/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Jefferson was a progressive man, but still a man of his time. I do agree that there are differences between the two races, but only because of the way one of the races(whites) have oppressed the other(blacks) for so many centuries. That doesn't make them inferior, despite what your twisted, racist "logic" may tell you. It's just that they've been treated as inferiors for so long.

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #2016586 - 10/16/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

silver - Explain then, if you would, why these differences are made only MORE obvious in nations like Africa and European nations. If your logic were correct, it would stand to reason that the reason blacks aren't as equal in contribtion in areas such as technology, culture (I don't mean 'rap music', either) or intellectual achievement in Ameriac is due to white oppression, however, why is it that the negros we found when we landed in AFrica had developed not neraly as many of those mentioned things as we had. Name some black philsophers, for example, from Africa that rival Socrates, Aristoltle, Newton, etceteras.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2016644 - 10/16/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There were several great African kingdoms before the Europeans came, which traded goods with many prosperous Arab nations(or "sand-niggers" as you ignorantly call them). Sure, they didn't contribute much in the way of technology, but neither did the Celts before they were invaded by the Romans, nor did the Anglo-Saxons until they were invaded by the Normans. There have been many great black inventors, the most famous of them being George Washington Carver. As for philosophy, Frederick Douglas and W.E.B. Du Bois could arguably be considered philosophers. As for Africa today, remember that Europeans carved up the continent and until this century, had colonized the entire continent.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2016650 - 10/16/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: WWTJD [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2016672 - 10/16/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent link. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: WWTJD [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2016832 - 10/17/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, this is certainly interesting. From that site:

On taxation:
"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1785. ME 19:18, Papers 8:682

"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." --Thomas Jefferson to Thaddeus Kosciusko, 1811. ME 13:41

"The simplest system of taxation yet adopted is that of levying on the land and the laborer. But it would be better to levy the same sums on the produce of that labor when collected in the barn of the farmer; because then if through the badness of the year he made little, he would pay little. It would be better yet to levy it only on the surplus of this produce above his own wants. It would be better, too, to levy it, not in his hands, but in those of the purchaser; because though the farmer would in fact pay it, as the purchaser must deduct it from the original price of his produce yet the farmer would not be sensible that he paid it... What a comfort to the farmer to be allowed to supply his own wants before he should be liable to pay anything, and then to pay only out of his surplus." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1784. Papers 7:558

On public education:
"Education is here placed among the articles of public care, not that it would be proposed to take its ordinary branches out of the hands of private enterprise, which manages so much better all the concerns to which it is equal; but a public institution can alone supply those sciences which, though rarely called for, are yet necessary to complete the circle, all the parts of which contribute to the improvement of the country, and some of them to its preservation." --Thomas Jefferson: 6th Annual Message, 1806. ME 3:423

"I have indeed two great measures at heart, without which no republic can maintain itself in strength: 1. That of general education, to enable every man to judge for himself what will secure or endanger his freedom. 2. To divide every county into hundreds, of such size that all the children of each will be within reach of a central school in it." --Thomas Jefferson to John Tyler, 1810. ME 12:393

"Of all the views of this law [for public education], none is more important, none more legitimate, than that of rendering the people the safe as they are the ultimate guardians of their own liberty." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XIV, 1782. ME 2:206

"The present consideration of a national establishment for education, particularly, is rendered proper by this circumstance also, that if Congress, approving the proposition, shall yet think it more eligible to found it on a donation of lands, they have it now in their power to endow it with those which will be among the earliest to produce the necessary income. The foundation would have the advantage of being independent on war, which may suspend other improvements by requiring for its own purposes the resources destined for them." --Thomas Jefferson: 6th Annual Message, 1806. ME 3:424

On immigration:
"I hold the right of expatriation to be inherent in every man by the laws of nature, and incapable of being rightfully taken from him even by the united will of every other person in the nation. If the laws have provided no particular mode by which the right of expatriation may be exercised, the individual may do it by any effectual and unequivocal act or declaration." --Thomas Jefferson to Albert Gallatin, 1806. FE 8:458

"Expatriation [is] a natural right, and acted on as such by all nations in all ages." --Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821. ME 1:12

"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson to Hugh White, 1801. ME 10:258

On the sovereignty of nations:
"We certainly cannot deny to other nations that principle whereon our government is founded, that every nation has a right to govern itself internally under what forms it pleases, and to change these forms at its own will; and externally to transact business with other nations through whatever organ it chooses, whether that be a King, Convention, Assembly, Committee, President, or whatever it be. The only thing essential is, the will of the nation." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Pinckney, 1792. ME 9:7

I'm liking Jefferson more and more with each of these quotes.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2016966 - 10/17/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point

I've mentioned this before. I don't think the bottom 50% should pay any taxes at all.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: WWTJD [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2017665 - 10/17/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: WWTJD [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2018087 - 10/17/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Quote:

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point

I've mentioned this before. I don't think the bottom 50% should pay any taxes at all.

As if that isn't whats happening now. It's ridiculous that people on welfare get their "tax dollars" counted in stastics. The free money they are being given is being taxed, thus they could as tax-payers. thats really odd

AGain, anti-rich rhetoric, let me guess, noone in your family is wealthy, right?

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2018100 - 10/17/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AGain, anti-rich rhetoric, let me guess, noone in your family is wealthy, right?

My family is very well-off, and most of them would agree completely with what Baby Hitler said.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order